BUT...There is a back button... in fact a whole lower status bar for each ported app. Flipboard runs the same as it does on iOS or Android... no noticeable lag.

Posted via CB10
    Flipboard runs ok - but it's considerably slower (e.g. when updating feeds) than on current Android hardware. Sure, there's a back button, but it doesn't appear until you swipe down - which is a tad annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-24-13 11:00 PM
    It probably has something to do with cold fusion.
    You crack me up!! I saw what you did with you burger . )
    02-24-13 11:35 PM
    This is so true, like i have a perfect example for this, BBM goes down for like a day its on like every tech site and goes huge! while on the other hand imessage goes down for an hour or longer a bit, people don't take note of that even if it trends on twitter. It's not fair..Apple can suck my d.
    If you want to know about Apple downtime, you don't need to watch Twitter trends, just go here:

Apple - Support - System Status

Rolling 72 hour window showing status of "services, stores and iCloud"
    If something like iMessage is not working, you can instantly see if it is a failure upstream. As an example, for 5 hours Sunday morning there was an issue with iCloud contacts affecting "less than 0.5% of users".
    Why do people hate the z10? Why?-imagefvgb.jpg

I imagine if Blackberry had this information for BBM etc, it would go a long way to address concerns about transparency regarding their services.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    02-24-13 11:55 PM
    People are just simply BRAINWASHED!

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    02-25-13 12:09 AM
    They're just jealous that the new kid is on the block and they feel that sinking feeling of having signed a 3 year contract with a worse device.
    02-25-13 12:27 AM
    Clewley speaks of feature update in the spring, maybe 10.1? Or would that be too soon? I think if you bought it and bailed already your gonna regret it at some point.

It's nice to see you will be able to keep your email soon. Makes you wonder what else they are working on.
    Attached Thumbnails Why do people hate the z10? Why?-img_00000825.jpg   Why do people hate the z10? Why?-img_00000826.jpg  
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 12:56 AM
    People ITT are butthurt for OP calling others butthurt.

Goddamn it, I haven't seen so much irony in one place.
    02-25-13 12:59 AM
    Is it because they had an iphone or an android before? Thinking it'd be the same thing? Or are they just too butthurt to just accept new technology? Tell me people, I have the z10 and I love it and when people ask what's good about it, I don't bother answering the question as it ends up becoming an argument of why they think it sucks and why I think it's awesome. So I just don't bother. People are butthurt.

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone in anyway Idk how I would but just in case.

Posted via CB10
    The people who hate Z10 are the people who do not own Z10. It seems very contradictory for people to hate something they don't know and don't have.
    However, if you know that at the moment, 150 million Blackberry shares have been shorted with average short price of $10, then you will figure out why some people have to hate the Z10 although they don't own the device, because the success of Z10 equals to a huge lose on their short position. Those Z10 haters (= Blackberry stock shorts) hope that the more negativity they spread on Z10, the less Z10 would be sold. Well, unfortunately, it will be impossible to talk down a really good product with baseless negativity. I predict that most of those Z10 haters will be financially bankrupted in one ore two year if they are not smart enough to start covering their short position instead of wasting time here to generate the entries of "I hate Z10 (but I do not own the phone)".
    02-25-13 01:03 AM
    I just ran into a friend who was on my bbm list and he's like oh i got a new phone so delete me off bbm. So I ask him what he got and he's all excited and pulls out his phone at the same time i'm saying "why not the new z10 since you already had a berry" and he replies "that new touch berry sucks" and pulls out a samsung rugby. So I pull out the z10 and he's like "oh, well look" and he goes on to show me things like how youtube videos look on it and how you type on it and stuff like that. Now, i know this clearly isn't a phone person because he's saying the screen on the z10 sucks and video looks way better on his rugby and how it's easier to type on but this is the up hill battle blackberry has - they need to get the phone out there and change peoples perception as well as making it clear this phone shares nothign in common with old phones from them. It seems like a pretty large mistake to not have this phone out before the iphone5 since it seems to be every bit good as the iphone5 is and then some. I hope they can do it though, i love this phone/os and if it takes off it can only get better.
    02-25-13 01:28 AM
    If you love your phone, love your phone but don't call people "butthurt" because they don't see BB as offering anything that even the most basic cellphones have been doing for years.
    shut up! thank you.
    02-25-13 02:25 AM
    Because there are many things that suck about it.

Applications not running in the background!! Why!!?? My 8900 can do this!
    The browser will not load the page if you switch to another application or go back to the home page.
    And twitter app, what the phuck is this!!! Definitely a downgrade!
    Notifications, don't get me started.....
    No memo app? Seriously!!?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-25-13 03:18 AM
    Flipboard runs ok - but it's considerably slower (e.g. when updating feeds) than on current Android hardware. Sure, there's a back button, but it doesn't appear until you swipe down - which is a tad annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    there you go again spreading misinformation. you can make that back button static by "pinning" it there so it always shows - just like the playbook, the auto-hide is optional. I myself use the diagonal swipe (bottom bezel to left bezel) to go back.
    02-25-13 03:35 AM

The browser will not load the page if you switch to another application or go back to the home page.
    lol, see... this is what blackberry has to deal with. the z10 sucks because you don't like the twitter application and the first OS release doesn't have absolutely everything sorted out like notifications? oh and it does have a memo pad loaded stock. oh well, don't let the door hit you on the way out to the apple store...
    02-25-13 05:01 AM

remember is your memo app.
    02-25-13 05:15 AM
    I get the impression that a lot of new users (especially in the Media) don't want to have learn to use anything new, so consequently the Z10 is proving to be a bit of a challenge for some people. Maybe they forget about learning to ride a bike, or swimming: it involves a bit of personal effort but the end-results are well worth it. If they don't bother because it's "too difficult" or "not what they're used to", then they won't get the benefits!
    R Field likes this.
    02-25-13 05:33 AM
    lol, see... this is what blackberry has to deal with. the z10 sucks because you don't like the twitter application and the first OS release doesn't have absolutely everything sorted out like notifications? oh and it does have a memo pad loaded stock. oh well, don't let the door hit you on the way out to the apple store...
    apple store? I've never liked the iPhone, NEVER!!
    I'm a die hard BB fan, and I'm very very happy with my Z10, but certain things about this device are not right!! so lets stop bull****ting ourselves for a moment!!

Where's the multitasking? tell me why the browser will not load the page if you switch to another application? the same goes to twitter and facebook apps, they will not load if you switch to another app!

We all know that notifications is one of blackberry's strength points, and now it's gone.
    Now we sound like iphone users, one of the basic things like a memopad you have to get through the appworld.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-25-13 08:15 AM
    I don't hate the z10, I think it's a fine outing from Blackberry's rebranding. However I can tell you a very specific list from a geek's perspective on what is stopping me from actually signing the dotted line for the next 2-3 years for one:

1. The growing trend of popular apps being Android ports running in the Android runtime rather than natively. They don't run as well, they may or may not have access to the same core functions and API's as a native app, they don't share the same UI elements as natively coded apps. The much heralded Cascades development just doesn't appear to be showing its face much. Another big concern that looks to be very possible: Large name developers porting over their app for the Android runtime, and then not bothering to pay any attention to it ever again. Keep in mind what I said at the beginning - this is a geek's perspective. I'm sure the average consumer isn't even going to know about this.

2. New development. This is best illustrated by an example. As soon as Canonical, Blackberry, Firefox etc etc started showing off Swipe Gesture methods of multitasking, the number of apps imitating this on Android have doubled rapidly and more keep showing up. Currently there are 3 very stable and very good apps that do everything that multitasking sidebar on Ubuntu Phone OS does. I've tried all 3 personally and they're amazing. This is an often understated benefit of being on an ecosystem with large developer support - new stuff. Going along with that, the same can be said for large companies. When a large company puts out a new app, it's usually only found on two platforms, and you know which ones those are.

3. The most obvious for someone like me who would either be shelling out $600 or locking into a contract - uncertainty about the future. We still don't know at this point whether this is going to sink or swim for sure.
    Saiga and Chris Marsch like this.
    02-25-13 08:29 AM

1. The growing trend of popular apps being Android ports running in the Android runtime rather than natively. They don't run as well, they may or may not have access to the same core functions and API's as a native app, they don't share the same UI elements as natively coded apps. The much heralded Cascades development just doesn't appear to be showing its face much. Another big concern that looks to be very possible: Large name developers porting over their app for the Android runtime, and then not bothering to pay any attention to it ever again. Keep in mind what I said at the beginning - this is a geek's perspective. I'm sure the average consumer isn't even going to know about this.

3. The most obvious for someone like me who would either be shelling out $600 or locking into a contract - uncertainty about the future. We still don't know at this point whether this is going to sink or swim for sure.
    These two issues are the main reasons I won't be buying a BB10 device either. Disclaimer: I will have a limited edition Z10 once they get around to shipping them and I currently have a demo unit.

For me the risk and initial investment is too great. To get a Z10, you will need to either enter a contract and pay $200 or pay $650-$750 to get one contract free. That's money I'm simply not willing to risk when the Nexus 4 can be bought for $300 contract free and is guaranteed to receive support for at least two years. Does anyone here honestly believe that a Z10 is worth more than 2 Nexus 4s?

I've owned BlackBerry phones for years and in that time I've seen how long it takes for updates to come. Ive also noticed that once the updates do arrive, they usually break more things than they improve. I can't count how many times I've had to downgrade a OS on my BlackBerry phones. But I know its at least been 40-50 times. Most recently with os 7 there has been several updates that broke auto text. Lol Its ridiculous and people who have been with BlackBerry for years will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Look at how long it takes for them to update the PlayBook. How many months did we have to wait for them to bring email and contacts again? If they take that long again, than you'll be half way though your contract before you ever get to see any improvements on the Z10.

I am usually all about early adopting. But not with BlackBerry at least not any more. I am playing the wait and see game with BB10.
    JeepBB, Etios and pillswoj like this.
    02-25-13 11:48 AM
    These two issues are the main reasons I won't be buying a BB10 device either. Disclaimer: I will have a limited edition Z10 once they get around to shipping them and I currently have a demo unit.

For me the risk and initial investment is too great. To get a Z10, you will need to either enter a contract and pay $200 or pay $650-$750 to get one contract free. That's money I'm simply not willing to risk when the Nexus 4 can be bought for $300 contract free and is guaranteed to receive support for at least two years. Does anyone here honestly believe that a Z10 is worth more than 2 Nexus 4s?

I've owned BlackBerry phones for years and in that time I've seen how long it takes for updates to come. Ive also noticed that once the updates do arrive, they usually break more things than they improve. I can't count how many times I've had to downgrade a OS on my BlackBerry phones. But I know its at least been 40-50 times. Most recently with os 7 there has been several updates that broke auto text. Lol Its ridiculous and people who have been with BlackBerry for years will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Look at how long it takes for them to update the PlayBook. How many months did we have to wait for them to bring email and contacts again? If they take that long again, than you'll be half way though your contract before you ever get to see any improvements on the Z10.

I am usually all about early adopting. But not with BlackBerry at least not any more. I am playing the wait and see game with BB10.
    I SO WISH I could like you a hundred times.......
    Chris Marsch and Saiga like this.
    02-25-13 12:09 PM
    I agree the list of things wrong with this Z10 far outweighs what is good. After 5 Blackberries and many years as a satisfied customer through different OS, I am returning the Z10 and switching teams. I really think BB10 missed the mark and won't be enough to save the company.

02-25-13 12:18 PM
    Is it because they had an iphone or an android before? Thinking it'd be the same thing? Or are they just too butthurt to just accept new technology? Tell me people, I have the z10 and I love it and when people ask what's good about it, I don't bother answering the question as it ends up becoming an argument of why they think it sucks and why I think it's awesome. So I just don't bother. People are butthurt.

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone in anyway Idk how I would but just in case.

Posted via CB10
    I do love it, I just hate the fact that it doesn't do the obvious things that the Bold did, that the Torch did etc... I appreciate that there is a whole heap of extra things it can now do but I wouldn't of expected it not to be able to do the things that its predecessors could do very well.
    02-25-13 12:18 PM
    The real question is do they hate Z10/BB10 or love being a troll
    R Field and BB_Junky like this.
    02-25-13 12:30 PM
    To each his own. Everyone will have their own opinion and application for the device. Given we all take away different benefits from smart phones, certain features are important to us depending on these needs.
    02-25-13 12:34 PM
    Some people live their daily lives off this device so if it's missing certain things I can see the disappointment. Myself, it makes.phone calls I can get my emails, my txt messages, and read important doc on it when in the field.....perfect!! For anything else I can sit down at my laptop or iPad
    Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 01:00 PM
    apple store? I've never liked the iPhone, NEVER!!
    We all know that notifications is one of blackberry's strength points, and now it's gone.
    Now we sound like iphone users, one of the basic things like a memopad you have to get through the appworld.
    What do you mean gone? Whats wrong with it? I'm looking into getting one and their notifications is a big selling point for me.
    02-25-13 02:02 PM
133 ... 23456