Ok heres my story, im going to try and keep it short. I bought my sister a Z10 when they were having a firesale and decided hey why not give it to her now since her phone is like hardly working. She uses an iphone 4 that is really beat up, i mean broken glass, cameras are blurry as hell, and she cant even connect to wifi sometimes. So me being the nice brother i gave her the phone as a surprise and here is what she said.
    Me: Hey listen i was going to wait till christmas but you need this now, so here. *hands over phone*
    Her: What, WHY DID YOU BUY ME A BLACKBERRY OMG WHY?!?!?
    Me: What? Excuse me, its a brand new phone why are you complaining?
    Her: Because its a BlackBerry, they are ****, no one uses a BlackBerry anymore.
    Me: I use a BlackBerry, and its fine. I cant believe you wont even try it for a week.
    Her: No i dont care its a BlackBerry and ****, i will never use it.
    Me: You wont use this phone because it is a BlackBerry, seriously, give me 3 good reasons why at least.
    Her: No im giving you one reason and that reason is because its a BlackBerry.
    Me: *just absolutely floored that i went through the trouble to get the device and having her ungrateful **** reject it*

Now i was just so upset that she wouldnt even use it, i mean i went to the trouble of shipping this thing to America and then going over there to pick it up. I bring it home thinking she would appreciate a new phone until her contract is up and can renew, then she just rejects the gesture. I was upset and thinking what the heck did this company do to prevent people from even trying their phones. I mean my sister is a bit stubborn and extremely spoiled, but she would not even give this phone 10 minutes. I showed her all the goodies of 10.2.1, trust me i did not demo it badly (i have arguably help sell at least 10 phones), but this image that the company has in the consumers eyes is bad. Im not going to make the assumption that everyone is like my sister, im just saying that if there are people like her they need to do some damn good marketing to change this. Anyways that my little rant, cheers.

Edit: All is good now, i wrapped the Z10 up for my dad who will enjoy it im sure. He is always asking me when im going to upgrade so he can have my Z10. Also, before purchasing this for her she was showing interest in the device. I did not shove it down her throat, she would from time to time use it and never said anything bad about it. Thats what really shocked me, when she was refusing to even use it for a day.
    Last edited by tonytraj17; 12-09-13 at 10:06 PM.
    12-09-13 04:07 PM
    I don't want to speak badly about your family members, but i'll just say that there's nothing you can really do when someone is that stubborn and unappreciative..

You're a good brother, i'd do the same for my sisters but they already have z10's.. maybe it's their turn to hook me up with a z30
    12-09-13 04:13 PM
    My girlfriend is the same way. I told her to use the phone for at least a month and if she didn't like it I would sell it and buy her the awesome iphone but she refused to use it. I don't get it either dude. How can you hate something without even trying it?

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 and Nature Slice like this.
    12-09-13 04:13 PM
    That seems to be the problem BlackBerry faces now with the overwhelming majority of US consumers. BlackBerry is a toxic brand, and they would prefer to have no phone rather than use a BlackBerry device.
    ihys, kbz1960, shahyaz and 4 others like this.
    12-09-13 04:17 PM
    No offense but if I were you I would have taken that phone right back and sold it! If someone is that ungrateful, they don't deserve anything for Christmas!

Your sister kinda sounds like a person who wouldn't even try a new food to say they at least tried it! I can't stand those types as they usually are stubborn and unreasonable in nature. You are definitely a good brother and I would have loved if a family member gave me a BB10 device!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    12-09-13 04:25 PM
    It boggles the mind. Should of not told her it was a BlackBerry and see if she noticed. Haha

If you are looking to sell PM me.

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate and tonytraj17 like this.
    12-09-13 04:25 PM
    The problem is perception. No offense to your sister, but if its a good phone and meets her needs from a functional point of view then she should be happy getting a free phone. Her problem it seems is what other people will think if she has a Blackberry phone and IMO that's really sad. It just tells me that some people must have really, really low self-esteem and/or terrible family and friends that would judge or tease you on the mobile device that you choose... real sad. I can easily hold my own with anyone who challenges me on my z10 especially if they have an iphone because I know it's a great phone and its capabilities. Most people that I know, know enough to keep their mouth shut around me and therefore respect my decision to use a Blackberry. "Be a leader not a follower"

BTW, my eldest daughter is getting a new white z10 for Christmas from that shopBlackberry.com sale for $199 and her sister is getting her q5 and they both couldn't be happier. The youngest one has a i-touch v5.0 to satisfy her app needs for now.. but realistically it spends most of its time not being used.
    12-09-13 04:27 PM
    It's the brand blackberry have lost their reputation it's simple, image plays a big part of our decisions socially.

What does owning a modern blackberry say about you in the eyes of others? You buy a blackberry because you have 'always' had a blackberry not because it's cool and their is our problem were not cool. Socially to the masses an iPad I cool and so gs4, world's apart

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:31 PM
    wow. how ungrateful can you be for not being happy that you got something new from your brother?

she obviously doesn't know that you went through all the trouble to get her that phone. you shouldn't get her anything from now on if she worries so much of what people think about her phone.
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 12-10-13 at 12:56 AM.
    tonytraj17, Anilu7 and RedFoxOne like this.
    12-09-13 04:45 PM
    Ungrateful kids.... back in my day....

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-09-13 04:55 PM
    Is your sister 14? Cause if she's older than that she needs a swift kick in the a$$.

She needs to be taught how to be grateful and respectful of the family that loves her and went out of his way to do something extremely nice and thoughtful for her.

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    Carmels, Anilu7, jrocke0w0 and 1 others like this.
    12-09-13 05:04 PM
    Doesn't matter my friend and don't worry she doesn't like blackberry devices, it's not so bad.
    People like or hate things in this world and many of them without even trying them.
    That's life, that's human.
    I really think that this is not a problem at all,she just loves idevices ,thats all and don't be sad at all

From My Sexy BlackBerry Q10
    tonytraj17 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    12-09-13 05:05 PM
    She needs a reality check.

And possibly a slap.

Also, losing something she loves got awhile so she learns to appreciate things.

"Don't mind me, I'm just frying some bacon on the back of my Z10 - g33kphr33k"
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    12-09-13 05:09 PM
    This behavior is, perhaps to the extreme, but not all that different than many adults. Just look through the forums.... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:15 PM
    I was going to get my gf a Z10 for Xmas. And she was like I want an iphone 5. I was like ok bye lol

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:16 PM
    The story is real... My wife refuses to use her Z10 work phone, not even want to touch it, it just sits there and drains battery, I am the one who charges the phone for her from time to time... true story
    tonytraj17 and Searchy like this.
    12-09-13 05:17 PM
    Right after my first comment on this thread, I happened upon another in which the OP made this long post pissing and moaning about basically how unprofessional BlackBerry is with their 25 Days of Christmas promotion. OP apparently feels that that when he/she misses the boat and doesn't download that day's freebie, that it should still be available at the free promotional price after its expired. Same behavior as this OP's sister as far as I'm concerned, just shrouded in more "mature" language.

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 and g33kphr33k like this.
    12-09-13 05:37 PM
    Humans are a product of their environment. I-this, Android that, shoved down our throats on a daily basis. God forbid if we all form a judgement of our own based on personal experience. The Zed10 is a great device and she's really missing out. Especially once 10.2.1 is officially released. I'm more than happy, and am slowly converting my I-wife back over to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    vakk and world saviour like this.
    12-09-13 05:39 PM
    I am the opposite, I would not be seen with an iPhone. Frankly, that would be embarrassing.
    12-09-13 05:42 PM
    Did you tell her it's NOT the blackberry she used to know. It sounds like you didn't even explain how blackberry has changed.(the new OS/devices) You just asked her to give it a chance without explaining why she should.
    dianap likes this.
    12-09-13 05:43 PM
    Wow. That's one ungrateful person. *shrug*

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    12-09-13 05:43 PM
    If my z10 was broke and someone kindly bought me a new phone. Even an iPhone which I don't care for having used a few. I would graciously say thank you and use it until the end of my contract when I could upgrade to a phone I like and offer them the iPhone back or sell it and give them money.
    Regardless of the phone and I mean no offence I really feel bad for you to be treated like that by a family member.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 via CB10
    12-09-13 05:45 PM
    It's crazy but that is the problem BlackBerry faves today, they are uncool to teens and unusable to adults. Being an avid ios user I was once brained washed into waiting in line or paying 200-300 more for Apple device less capable then the other phones on the market. Wasn't until I tried bb10 that I knew ios wasn't for me.

I have a brother who got the q10 after being BlackBerry for 8 years, he couldn't get the gesture down, got mad and.returned it. Sure enough they sold him a s4.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    R Field likes this.
    12-09-13 05:48 PM
    It is amazing what matters to people in this messed up society nowadays. I'm not old fashioned by all means, but this idiocy is sickening and I sometimes wish I could turn back time again to not to be bothered with this childish behavior anymore.

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    12-09-13 06:11 PM
    Jealousy thats pretty much it cause they want it but peer pressure doesn't let them lol.

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    12-09-13 06:16 PM
305 123 ...