Anyone else. Just did the AT&T Update to 10.2 but this happened way before update.

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    05-01-14 07:38 PM
    From my experience: your contacts will be merged if they share/have the same phone number or email address. Be sure that your contacts are distinct from each other. Also, when it happens you can go and unlink them and after that link them the way you want it.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    05-01-14 08:01 PM
    It's a big problem with the contacts app. I have hundreds of contacts that indiscriminately link to each other, plus duplicate issues and search issues. It's amazing that such a simple and essential app was so messed up by BlackBerry. What's worse is that I haven't seen any acknowledgment of the issue from BlackBerry.

Very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-14 08:14 PM
    From my experience: your contacts will be merged if they share/have the same phone number or email address. Be sure that your contacts are distinct from each other. Also, when it happens you can go and unlink them and after that link them the way you want it.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    Unfortunately there is nothing to link or merge. One day they are there and I use contact, the next day completely deleted.

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    05-01-14 08:46 PM
    True. It is still an issue. I use only phone text and bbm and have any duplicates. It's not cause by Skype etc. The problem is baked in.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:46 PM
    Because bb10 contact management has what appears to be severe autism

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:47 PM
    It's a big problem with the contacts app. I have hundreds of contacts that indiscriminately link to each other, plus duplicate issues and search issues. It's amazing that such a simple and essential app was so messed up by BlackBerry. What's worse is that I haven't seen any acknowledgment of the issue from BlackBerry.

Very disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    This contact arrangements problem me too. BlackBerry to fix contact bugs as sap!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:23 AM
    Same here.. please fix this!!!

Posted with my awesome Z30
    05-02-14 05:37 AM
    This morning I find this. 5 entries for same contact. I only entered /saved once and haven't even used that contact in over a year.
    Why do my contacts keep deleting yet others duplicate or even triple?-img_20140502_074620.png

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    05-02-14 07:48 AM
    Must only be an issue if syncing or linking? I don't do either and my contacts are fine and have been. These are the kind of things an update should be fixing, not adding more stuff that might work or might not work right. Save that for after you fix what is already there.
    05-02-14 08:22 AM
    Contacts in BB10.... The one and only real headache!

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    05-02-14 08:41 AM
    Must only be an issue if syncing or linking? I don't do either and my contacts are fine and have been. These are the kind of things an update should be fixing, not adding more stuff that might work or might not work right. Save that for after you fix what is already there.

Same here. I use my phone for my contacts. Have shut off sync and do not link. Back up with one of the apps from BBerry World. So, no problems. I have a Gmail account that I sync, but emails only. So when I send an email from my phone, and that email is synced with my computer, that contact's email becomes usable on the computer anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-02-14 09:00 AM
    I don't know why. But it sure hope it stops some day soon. I don't synch or link nor anything and still things disappear or multiply. It sucks.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    FF22 and rttstr like this.
    05-02-14 09:07 AM
    I don't know why. But it sure hope it stops some day soon. I don't synch or link nor anything and still things disappear or multiply. It sucks.

There goes my theory
    05-02-14 09:13 AM
    Do you think BlackBerry is aware of this issue? Has anyone contacted them instead of posting issue on CB. Not sure if they look at CB complaints.

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    05-02-14 10:08 AM
    Do you think BlackBerry is aware of this issue? Has anyone contacted them instead of posting issue on CB. Not sure if they look at CB complaints.

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    I wish I knew. I've never heard or read anything other than in this forum that talks about the contacts app issue. The most frustrating thing is that contacts is a basic simple app and at times is simply non-functional.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:23 AM

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    I would think they do unless they never hear a peep about all the replacements people are getting.
    05-02-14 10:37 AM
    I used to have similar problems even though I was using the very latest O.S. update and continue to do so now. After a lot of experimentation and observation, I found that if I delete all contacts from the SIM card (after storing them on the cloud service provided by AT&T known as the AT&T Address Book) and in the Local Contacts folder of the phone, all of my problems went away. I found out that the SIM card does not correctly store contact information and quite often alters it. Once that happened, the affected contact duplicated or triplicated when the phone was rebooted. Often a home phone number stored for a given contact was immediately changed to a work phone number by the SIM card. Then, since the information was altered compared to what was in the phone's memory, the contact was duplicated. I also noted that failure to have a contact stored in the Local Contacts folder and/or on the SIM card caused that contact to disappear completely unless it was also stored on a cloud service like the AT&T Address Book. So, to sum up, use an outside cloud source to store your contacts and do not use the SIM card! The SIM card will not store photos and will not store information properly and it will alter it on you causing problems, period. Secondly, make sure that all of your contacts are copied to the Local Contacts folder on the phone then they will not disappear when the phone is rebooted.

Once I followed the procedure outlined above, I have enjoyed a perfect contacts list that stays perfect all of the time and, since my contacts are stored on the AT&T Address book, I can edit them on my home computer by logging into the AT&T Address book and adding any new or different information that is necessary. Photos appear there and are stored there also and you can set your phone to sync with the AT&T Address book automatically. It works both on and off of wifi also. There are other cloud services so find one that you have available and use it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!
    05-02-14 01:09 PM
    I used to have similar problems even though I was using the very latest O.S. update and continue to do so now. After a lot of experimentation and observation, I found that if I delete all contacts from the SIM card (after storing them on the cloud service provided by AT&T known as the AT&T Address Book) and in the Local Contacts folder of the phone, all of my problems went away. I found out that the SIM card does not correctly store contact information and quite often alters it. Once that happened, the affected contact duplicated or triplicated when the phone was rebooted. Often a home phone number stored for a given contact was immediately changed to a work phone number by the SIM card. Then, since the information was altered compared to what was in the phone's memory, the contact was duplicated. I also noted that failure to have a contact stored in the Local Contacts folder and/or on the SIM card caused that contact to disappear completely unless it was also stored on a cloud service like the AT&T Address Book. So, to sum up, use an outside cloud source to store your contacts and do not use the SIM card! The SIM card will not store photos and will not store information properly and it will alter it on you causing problems, period. Secondly, make sure that all of your contacts are copied to the Local Contacts folder on the phone then they will not disappear when the phone is rebooted.

Once I followed the procedure outlined above, I have enjoyed a perfect contacts list that stays perfect all of the time and, since my contacts are stored on the AT&T Address book, I can edit them on my home computer by logging into the AT&T Address book and adding any new or different information that is necessary. Photos appear there and are stored there also and you can set your phone to sync with the AT&T Address book automatically. It works both on and off of wifi also. There are other cloud services so find one that you have available and use it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!
    Maybe that is it. I don't store on SIM either.
    Mozdony likes this.
    05-02-14 01:38 PM

Are you sure you shut off your SIM connect? That can raise hell. I have had zero issues since I shut off sync. Also, I see you are using a Z30 on t-mo usa. What is that OS? A leak? I believe the official t-mo release for Z10 (.2228) works on the Z30. Perhaps your OS is to blame? Also, after I got the update on my Z10, I had to go back and shut off sync again as the OS turned everything back on. You may want to check again.
    05-03-14 06:07 AM
    Are you sure you shut off your SIM connect? That can raise hell. I have had zero issues since I shut off sync. Also, I see you are using a Z30 on t-mo usa. What is that OS? A leak? I believe the official t-mo release for Z10 (.2228) works on the Z30. Perhaps your OS is to blame? Also, after I got the update on my Z10, I had to go back and shut off sync again as the OS turned everything back on. You may want to check again.
    How do check to see if your SIM Connect is shut?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    05-03-14 09:36 AM
    Nope. I don't sync or link. Never have. It is still an issue. It was resolved under 10.1 but recurred under 10.2

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:43 PM
    Anyone with a fix?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    06-08-14 06:02 AM
    Just for the sake of it: if you are trying to add a deleted contact do you get the message that the contact already exists? My guess is that the contacts are not deleted but rather linked to another contact. I had similar problems when 2 contacts shared the same phone number.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.3175)
    06-09-14 07:58 PM
    I'm having the issue where I enter a new contact and it links to some random contact - which makes it appear to disappear. With luck I can find who it linked to and unlink it. So my question is, how can I prevent contacts from linking? (I don't use social media on the Z10, so we're talking gmail contacts only.)

Thanks!
    06-13-14 08:32 AM
27 12