RT
    Apple :
    Every time Apple push updates to all devices of the whole world at one time. That's awesome!

Blackberry :
    ew! I don't wanna say one word because every folk knows what I'm talking about.
    But why?
    My Z10-3 from AT&T still gets nothing lol 10.3 is a dream, daydream? Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:26 AM
    Have you been reading this forum? There are a number of issues from pushing updates to everyone at once. Besides that, there are real problems with carriers and this new OS. Therefore they reserve the right to fix it before pushing to their customers, no?
    And why are you waiting for an OTA update? Do you know all the problems it introduces into your phone? Just download the OS and install it yourself!
    right here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/
    02-26-15 05:29 AM
    I would never want an update pushed to my phone, or computer. Often updates disrupt things, I would rather wait for a time when I can update and be sure all is well before needing then phone for business. It would hate to be on a trip, have an update pushed, then have issues that leave me without communications for a while.

Also, some of us actually travel to, or live in areas with slow service. I'm often on a ship at sea, with service, but very slow service. I would hate for an update to begin there since it would render my device unless for a long time. By slow, think dial-up slow at times, sometimes worse.

Many of us choose BlackBerry because we have options with the platform. With Apple, you don't have the same options, if you want that, fine, go with Apple, it is a great phone and platform. It has many pros. Who knows, one day I may have one. I much prefer the Z10 though. Of course if BlackBerry continues to mess up a good thing, as it has done with the contacts and current calendar, my opinion may change.

Pushed updates, please no.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:41 PM
    I would never want an update pushed to my phone, or computer. Often updates disrupt things, I would rather wait for a time when I can update and be sure all is well before needing then phone for business. It would hate to be on a trip, have an update pushed, then have issues that leave me without communications for a while.

Also, some of us actually travel to, or live in areas with slow service. I'm often on a ship at sea, with service, but very slow service. I would hate for an update to begin there since it would render my device unless for a long time. By slow, think dial-up slow at times, sometimes worse.

Many of us choose BlackBerry because we have options with the platform. With Apple, you don't have the same options, if you want that, fine, go with Apple, it is a great phone and platform. It has many pros. Who knows, one day I may have one. I much prefer the Z10 though. Of course if BlackBerry continues to mess up a good thing, as it has done with the contacts and current calendar, my opinion may change.

Posted via CB10
    Umm apple doesn't force anyone to update anything . Not sure what you're talking about
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    02-26-15 02:06 PM
    There's only one phone manufacteurer that pushes updates directly, it's Apple, they got the strong hold on carriers. If you buy a phone from a carrier, it'll come from them. Get a shopbb phone and you can avoid this.
    02-26-15 02:20 PM
    Between the bugs and the things about the new OS I don't like I wish I hadn't updated. And it's not just BlackBerry, my Kindle got an auto update a couple of weeks ago and broke it, freezing and random reboots. So not happy with software geeks and their updates for a ' new 'look

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Updates pushed does not mean compulsorily you have to install at that moment only!
    Not sure about your view on pushed updates is correct!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:21 PM
    Hardware build and even the software build is different from country to country, BlackBerry has done a great work with it's updates releasing them zonal wise, so does we didn't get any serious bug's and cracks with the updates.

And this where Apple is continuously failing with it's updates

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:22 PM
    Updates pushed does not mean compulsorily you have to install at that moment only!
    Not sure about your view on pushed updates is correct!

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you are saying, and I understand how push updates work. I still do not want them and prefer the way Blackberry releases their updates. We have more options with their system. Carriers also can do testing to be sure the update doesn't cause issues on their system.
    03-01-15 10:17 AM
    Umm apple doesn't force anyone to update anything . Not sure what you're talking about
    I understand how it work, and you are right. I also prefer Blackberry's system of updates. I prefer to have a choice of different OS versions based on the features of the different releases and their attendant bugs. With Apple you don't have many choices regarding the OS you want to use, you either get the current, one new release, or stay with the old. With Blackberry you can choose from many. Carriers can also do testing to see which one works best on their system.
    03-01-15 10:20 AM
    Hardware build and even the software build is different from country to country, BlackBerry has done a great work with it's updates releasing them zonal wise, so does we didn't get any serious bug's and cracks with the updates.

And this where Apple is continuously failing with it's updates

Posted via CB10
    Failing? What failing?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:33 AM
    I understand how it work, and you are right. I also prefer Blackberry's system of updates. I prefer to have a choice of different OS versions based on the features of the different releases and their attendant bugs. With Apple you don't have many choices regarding the OS you want to use, you either get the current, one new release, or stay with the old. With Blackberry you can choose from many. Carriers can also do testing to see which one works best on their system.
    Ooohh, that's why my carrier don't give me official update yet? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:36 AM
    Ooohh, that's why my carrier don't give me official update yet? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    Any reason you don't just load whatever OS you want? You can you know.
    03-01-15 10:38 AM
    Seriously interested to see how Apple will handle T-Mo OS updates now that iPhones are running wifi-calling.
    03-01-15 10:58 AM
    I'm on AT&T, and they are notoriously among the last to roll out an OS update. Some say Verizon is. I think they talk to each other and take turns being last.

However, I'm also one to quickly load up a leaked OS on my phone. I usually wait until they get sufficiently high enough in the builds that at least everything in the OS is working before I do, but usually it's still many months before AT&T may finally approve a build.

In all the years I've done this - and I did the same with my previous Torch 9800, and the Pearl 8100 before that - never once did it seem to have any affect on AT&T, or my own service through them.

Honestly, I don't know what the carriers are actually "testing".

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    03-01-15 11:58 AM
    I'm on AT&T, and they are notoriously among the last to roll out an OS update. Some say Verizon is. I think they talk to each other and take turns being last.

However, I'm also one to quickly load up a leaked OS on my phone. I usually wait until they get sufficiently high enough in the builds that at least everything in the OS is working before I do, but usually it's still many months before AT&T may finally approve a build.

In all the years I've done this - and I did the same with my previous Torch 9800, and the Pearl 8100 before that - never once did it seem to have any affect on AT&T, or my own service through them.

Honestly, I don't know what the carriers are actually "testing".

Posted via CB10
    I'm on AT&T as well. I do the same, if I want a new OS, I load a leak or another carriers release. Not hard and I get what I want.

Some releases don't work well on different carriers. It is nice to be able to swap out different radio files for one more compatible using Sachesi.
    03-01-15 12:22 PM