BBOS 7 is not selling because it's old an also because most people don't want QWERTY phones anymore

BB10 is a different matter:
    - most don't even know it exists
    - bad marketing
    - ecosystem lock
    - not enough reasons to switch platforms
    BBOS 7 is not selling in America.
    Other countries still prefer the QWERTY phones.
    04-11-14 03:01 PM
    Not in Europe...
    04-11-14 03:12 PM
    LOL - I get that too.... they look at my Z30 and offer mindless criticisms. They they praise their iPhone while trying to type on their teeny-tiny screen ... I don't get it.... all my iTunes are now on my BlackBerry Z30 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli and BionicKris like this.
    04-11-14 03:15 PM
    BBOS 7 is not selling because it's old an also because most people don't want QWERTY phones anymore

BB10 is a different matter:
    - most don't even know it exists
    - bad marketing
    - ecosystem lock
    - not enough reasons to switch platforms
    Have you read the IDC report? "Its legacy BB7 outpaced BB10 towards the end of the year". So BB7 is popular somewhere!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:10 PM
    The BlackBerry Z30 is the best!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 05:33 PM
    They text more than they make calls. That's what made Whatsapp what it is today.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:00 PM
    Depends on WHEN you are talking about.

Today is what matters.... In the US most corporate stores do have a display for BlackBerry, even if they don't have stock. But in my city Verizon has one corporate store, and about six authorized sellers (look just like a Verizon store but it isn't really). None of the authorized sellers have BlackBerry's, big chains like Walmart, Target and Sams Club don't carry BlackBerry's. If you go to Verizon.com and look at smartphones you won't find a BlackBerry, you have to enable a filter to allow them to be displayed. So the question is how would someone buy a BlackBerry IF they wanted one?

But I don't blame Verizon at this point, BlackBerry is the one that dropped the ball. It's their game and they can't expect anyone else to pickup the ball and win it for them.

We need a relaunch with some really great devices, stable 10.2 or maybe 10.3, an answer to official access to Google Play and Google Services, and a HUGE marketing campaign. Shouldn't cost them more than a few billion to get all the pieces in place to do this. So how much cash do they have left? How many carriers do they have on their side?
    I think BlackBerry should get Google play I think a lot of people would look into BlackBerry more

Posted via CB10
    NG888 likes this.
    04-11-14 08:28 PM
    I ask my iPhone Family members to try BB. I'm told 'face time works better than any thing, who cares about screen share? I can just take a screen shot and email it. Security is over rated, there's nothing more secure than a mac. Besides BlackBerry is the past Apple is the future " I'm like OK, thanks, Old Dad will just be happy with his Z10.
    Might be a interesting survey; what's the average age of a BlackBerry user. What percentage uses the legacy, how many use os10?
    04-11-14 08:53 PM
    I ask my iPhone Family members to try BB. I'm told 'face time works better than any thing, who cares about screen share? I can just take a screen shot and email it. Security is over rated, there's nothing more secure than a mac. Besides BlackBerry is the past Apple is the future " I'm like OK, thanks, Old Dad will just be happy with his Z10.
    Might be a interesting survey; what's the average age of a BlackBerry user. What percentage uses the legacy, how many use os10?
    He has is "futures" mixed up. BlackBerry is ahead, buttons are slow and tend to break the second apple takes ou the home button they will get all of the innovation credit..no buttons are so much easier once you get used to them

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:48 PM
    Apple is one big lie.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    04-11-14 10:18 PM
    Samsung smart TVs are using webOS now.

What's up with that?
    What's up with that is that it's not true at all. It's LG who is using WebOS in their TVs, and that's because they're the ones who bought WebOS from HP.
    04-11-14 10:21 PM
    I think BlackBerry should get Google play I think a lot of people would look into BlackBerry more.
    As I've mentioned a few dozen times, BB is not getting Google Play access. They've publicly said they aren't even attempting Google certification, because they know that BB10 would never pass. Hint: Google certification, which is the first of several steps to getting access to Google Play, requires the device to be running Android (completely Android, just just a runtime) as the primary OS, and just recently, it even requires a boot screen that says so.

Why BlackBerry is not selling.....-s5_htc_one_powered_by_android-640x563.jpg
    "Powered by Android" boot screen on Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8)

It is also necessary to pre-install all of the Google apps, most of which don't run on the Runtime. As even BB has made clear, anyone holding out hope for official Play Store access is just spinning their wheels.
    kevinnugent and anon8656116 like this.
    04-11-14 10:25 PM
    MARKETING ,MARKETING,MARKETING, done very poorly, BB needs in your face marketing,Maybe JC will take us there. I hope for him and us in Blackberry World, The whole country is finally wising up to the security issue. Maybe BB will start to toot their own horn a bit.After all timing is everythingg
    Marketing is overrated. I think people put too much blame on the marketing because they don't want to accept that most consumers simply moved on to other options.

Microsoft has done a ton of much better marketing than Blackberry has for Windows Phone and it hasn't helped them much, because companies like Apple and Samsung dominate a lot of markets and have impressive brand loyalty.

A user who doesn't even care to change brands and upgrade from S to S, Note to Note, or iPhone to iPhone will not care how great Blackberry's marketing is. With Apple and Samsung having such a huge chunk of the market and 55-75% Brand Loyalty among their users, there simply is only so much you can achieve with brilliant marketing.

The best way to combat this, these days, is to lure in users with cheap lower end hardware (roping in users who are probably getting their first smartphone or coming form other low end offerings) and lock them in with services and App Store purchases. Microsoft is doing better in that way than Blackberry.

I don't see either of them suddenly running the tables on Samsung/Apple or other more established players at the high end of the market. Those are the harder users to compel to switch platforms, because they are typically more invested in the ecosystems to which they have maintained loyalty.
    04-12-14 02:40 AM
    As I've mentioned a few dozen times, BB is not getting Google Play access. They've publicly said they aren't even attempting Google certification, because they know that BB10 would never pass. Hint: Google certification, which is the first of several steps to getting access to Google Play, requires the device to be running Android (completely Android, just just a runtime) as the primary OS, and just recently, it even requires a boot screen that says so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5_HTC_One_Powered_By_Android-640x563.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	262479
    "Powered by Android" boot screen on Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8)

It is also necessary to pre-install all of the Google apps, most of which don't run on the Runtime. As even BB has made clear, anyone holding out hope for official Play Store access is just spinning their wheels.
    Only the uninformed are still wishing for Google Play Access.

The best Blackberry could do at this point is an Amazon App Store partnership, which would also benefit them from a services end if the services are properly integrated into other parts of Blackberry OS 10 (Amazon Cloud Drive/Photos, MP3, etc.).
    04-12-14 02:42 AM
    Majority of consumers only purchase a phone because 1.) they need to blend in because their friends have the cool, latest iPhone / Galaxy, 2.) word of mouth 3.) what they see on TV.

BlackBerry was not hip and cool; it didn't have Temple run, anger birds, or instant gram, or whatever other game available on BlackBerry.

Those who tried it and returned it because 10.0 was troublesome.

Those who isn't educated about BlackBerry and saw pictures of Kopi, said "OMG! it's 2014 this is the best they came up with??ROFLMAO!!"

Etc etc etc...

Posted via CB10
    They don't need it to blend in in some cases, they need it to communicate more efficiently.

Using iMessage and ChatOn between iPhone or Galaxy users is simply better than using third party offerings or even Native offerings like Google Hangouts (due to its relative feature disparity and dependence on Google+ for core functionality). There is functionality like AirDrop or S Beam that only work between compatible handsets. There are apps that have functionality only available on certain platforms that they may need - there are even apps not available for other platforms. Gaming platforms like Google Play, GameCenter, and Xbox Live are often platform-specific. Sharing data from built-in services is usually better when using the same type of device (iCloud Photo/Video Sharing, iCloud Document Sharing, Shared Calendars, etc.). If you're a music or video buff than clearly iOS or Windows Phone is a superior platform to Andorid because the built-in media storefronts are superior to both Google and Blackberry for that type of content.

I think consumers totally think about these things when making purchases, and often their friends will tell them to get an iPhone or Galaxy device specifically because of these types of reasons. It's no different than Blackberry users pushing their platform so they could use BBM instead of a 3rd party app, and things like that (before it went cross platform, but even still it's difficult to get people to use non-default communications apps other than Facebook or maybe WhatsApp or Skype on their devices).

Getting the "fashionable" device was a lot more viable before services became so important. Services and ecosystem investment are become huge driving forces behind platform choice, these days.
    04-12-14 02:49 AM
    No, marketing is EVERYTHING. For example, it can cost Gillette easily $1 billion in marketing costs just to launch a single new plastic razor that costs 10 cents to produce. Marketing and advertising are not just about promotion, but also about brand name identification, as well as. As urging consumers after the purchase is made.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:27 AM
    No, marketing is EVERYTHING. For example, it can cost Gillette easily $1 billion in marketing costs just to launch a single new plastic razor that costs 10 cents to produce. Marketing and advertising are not just about promotion, but also about brand name identification, as well as asuaging consumers after the purchase is made.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:29 AM
    It is very easy.

- No one knows anything about BlackBerry 10 and its new features.

- Nobody knows that BlackBerry 10 can run Android applications natively.

- Nobody has a clue about the new handsets.

This is a problem of marketing.
    baspeed likes this.
    04-12-14 09:48 AM
    I have the conversation every day, though the 3people who used it now want a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Classic!
    04-12-14 10:30 AM
    No one knows how great the Z30 is!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:48 AM
    It is very easy.

^ This!

Via my awesome Zed-10
    04-12-14 11:16 AM
    Lot of people are just ignorant about phones*. I think lots of these people are new to the smartphone world and having the interment on a phone is awesome. Productivity and ease come last lol

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:21 AM
    I remember back in early 1990's when I worked in the post office, I got a beeper (pager) and was told I had to keep it hidden from the customers while delivering mail because it wasnt "proper" back then...I wasnt a Dr. so I guess the perception was that I was a drug dealer.....but that WAS the perception back in the days...beeper just for Drs. and drug dealers.....when the blackberry came out, the perception that followed it was for corporate, business people only....if you wanted your phone for playing games and watching videos, get an iphone......again....poor marketing, too little too late, and as I said before..resting on their laurels of being number 1 for too long....took its toll. But they havent learned their lesson with that pathetic commercial during the super bowl.....I love my blackberry and would be willing to stay with it till they are extinct..yes, I would like a physical keyboard with a larger screen....but at the end of the day, poor marketing, americas perception (due to marketing) and devices that were not up to par with todays market is what I think killed them....I just hope its not too late to bounce back
    baspeed likes this.
    04-12-14 03:43 PM
    All of these posts is why Amazon and Blackberry really need to join forces. Amazon is the only true force left in the world that is attempting to stave off the Google juggernaut. What is so ridiculous is that they are attempting to do it with their own version of Android. the Amazon app store would be much more powerful if it had phones. So, Amazon is going to attempt to make non-Google Play phones. Ridiculous.

Either all of the non-google forces (MSFT, Amazon, etc) need to band togethor, or they might as well forget it.
    Apple has brainwashed too many people. Google plays dirty with their "i monetize search only" business model.

Only Amazon, MSFT and Blackberry are standing alone. They really ought to stand togethor. Too bad MSFT did not find a way to pull BBRY into their plans.
    tmf06, Flatman and BionicKris like this.
    04-12-14 04:09 PM
    It is very easy.

Can't say it any better. BlackBerry is so bad at marketing. And now the big new phone Q20 and the big surprise for everyone is it has the tool belt and pad back lol. that's a joke. Oh well. Now I'm asked today to use Snapchat from an old BlackBerry user who's carrier stopped all BlackBerry sales. US Cellular. I said I can't run Snapchat and she said "u said u could run Android apps" I said "not all". That's enough for some to take a BlackBerry back. No wonder Verizon doesn't want to sell em to regular people.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 07:02 PM
127 12345 ...