I never use a case for my BlackBerry and I have always managed to drop all my phones at least once. My old torch (aka tank blackberry) was practically indestructible. I have seen a lot of broken Z10's and I am wondering if it is time to start using a case.

I am wondering if anyone has dropped their Z10 and had it survive?

Also what case are people using and why?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:01 AM
    I use a Nillkin Hard case. Just the other day I went to the washroom and put it on the edge of the sink counter. I guess because the surface was slanted my Z10 had slipped and fallen face down onto the washroom tiled floor. I picked it up and luckily, all is good.
    The extra 1mm lip that the case adds to it likely saved it from shattering.

I actually like how the case gives it a little bit of toughness feel to it. Without the case, the phone feels very light and I'm kind of used to having a phone feel sturdy and rugged. That, and I drop my phone a lot.....
    05-09-13 10:17 AM
    I just bought a case today after reading this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-803658/

But i miss the feel of the dimples on the White Z10.
    05-09-13 10:30 AM
    I usually just use a holster, but at home I tend to just carry it around. I've dropped it off the bedside table twice, no damage so far. I did buy an Otter Box for when I'm in rougher environments.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:32 AM
    So exactly how many broken Z10's have you seen?
    Kyle Andrei likes this.
    05-09-13 10:37 AM
    I dropped my phone out of knee height. Using the transformer case and so far all went well. I'd rather have a scratch on my case than on my phone. No damage visible on the phone.
    05-09-13 10:39 AM
    I'm thinking of a case because I've had a few instances of close calls. Like one of the other posters my Torch was a tank and was awesome.

If I'm going to get a case for my Z10 it would have to give me the feeling closest to naked as possible.

Now...naked being the phone not me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    05-09-13 10:42 AM
    I use an Holster for work, but rest of the time....Z10 is too sexy to use a case!!
    05-09-13 10:47 AM
    True the phone is sexy to look at outside of the case but if you drop it how sexy will it be then? I say case all the way!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:51 AM
    I use an Holster for work, but rest of the time....Z10 is too sexy to use a case!!
    Yeah, i agree with you. Z10 white is too sexy to use case. I don't have any case for my z10 white lol

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:52 AM
    BigwhiteUK I have only seen the broken phones on this forum. I guess that does not classify as 'a lot' as I mentioned earlier. I just wanted to make sure my phone will survive an accidental drop with or without a case

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:07 AM
    Poetic Atmosphere case, because the back is "clear" and shows the BBRY logo :-) Sadly the white edges stain easily, and also I've never dropped my Z10 in three + months
    05-09-13 11:10 AM
    As with any phone, the Z10 can survive an accidental drop. All depends on what it drops onto, which part of the phone hits first, and of course the force, all of which are variably lol I still have a screen protector on and use a case. have several cases, depending on how and where Im using my phone. As much as the Z10 looks good naked, I need to protect my investment, and keep it looking good.
    05-09-13 11:20 AM
    I use an OEM "flip shell". I dropped it, face down and flipped open on cement. The case promptly cracked, but the phone is fine. Jumped online and ordered a new flip shell.
    05-09-13 11:23 AM
    Dropped my z10 face down and caseless from above the waist onto bathroom tile, 100% undamaged. I can't say the same for my heart cause I freaked out until I picked it up

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-09-13 11:26 AM
    I use a cheap case I however I wish I would have gotten a screen protector. Because I don't tend to drop my phone. But I have managed scratch it a couple times.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-09-13 11:27 AM
    I have the transform case and the leather holster.

The transform is what I use mostly. When I first got the phone it was a little awkward because it was much longer than any phone I had before. When using one handed it would often slip down my hand when reaching across the screen with my thumb. The transform helped with that a bit, or maybe I adjusted to it. I also really like it at night when I need to prop it up as my alarm clock. Plus, it will still fit in most cradles when half the shell is off.

I don't really like wearing a case on my belt but it is kind of a must when I am in the field. BB has always had really nice looking leather holsters and this one continues the trend. Also, the Z10 just feels better in the hand naked for some reason...
    05-09-13 11:36 AM
    I have the Flip Shell Case and dropped my phone twice from about 3 feet. One time, it fell flat on it's face. No damage. Wooo!
    05-09-13 11:44 AM
    I use the blackberry flip case because it provides good protection for my investment but so far I have not dropped the phone so it has not been tested.
    05-09-13 11:46 AM
    I slip on my Blue Poetic case when I'm out&about but my Z10 is completely commando when at the house!
    05-09-13 11:49 AM
    I never use a case for my BlackBerry and I have always managed to drop all my phones at least once. My old torch (aka tank blackberry) was practically indestructible. I have seen a lot of broken Z10's and I am wondering if it is time to start using a case.

I am wondering if anyone has dropped their Z10 and had it survive?

Also what case are people using and why?

Posted via CB10
    Z10 Case/Holster combo for me.
    Who uses a case, anyone dropped their phone?-gallery-image-sprite_bbz10.jpg
    05-09-13 11:55 AM
    I have just a basic TPU case I got off of eBay.

I dropped my phone for the first time yesterday from about 3.5 ft landed face down on tile floor. Held my breath a little as i went to pick it up but was 100% good not a mark on the phone. No question it saved the glass
    05-09-13 12:27 PM
    I did get a gel case for my Z10...
    But now I'm like... would I ask Kate Upton to put on a turtleneck 24/7 if she was going out with me.... NO baby show that sexyness!

Posted via CB10
    Kyle Andrei likes this.
    05-09-13 12:38 PM
    I have always used a case & holster for my BB's. Better safe than sorry. I've only dropped it once but it was on a carpeted floor, so no damage. My Z10 is currently protected with a Seidio case/holster combo.
    05-09-13 12:54 PM
    Try the iBlason Apache case, it has dimples on the back of it

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:58 PM
27 12