Hello to everyone! I'm a new proud owner of z10 or so I thought till a couple of hours ago. It's my first blackberry, therefore I'm a complete newbie. Doing a little search I found Crackberry to be the best source of information, so I registered and post.
    The device plays static white noise (like fm radio) whenever some kind of sound is to be produced, be it the ring tone or the keystrokes or other sources. Apart from the obvious case of a faulty product, I would like to ask if anyone is aware of this as a usual problem th at can be solved by downloading an update or a testing app.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:42 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

You might need to perform a wipe if it's a software problem. Don't backup just for testing purposes.

And if not its a hardware defect.

There's an app by BlackBerry that does these tests. Just look under all their apps.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    smaniatos likes this.
    10-12-13 09:53 AM
    Thanks a lot for the quick response. I have already performed a factory wipe. The test app you suggested confirmed the problem. It seems that it is a hardware one. Being in Greece, it's going to be a while to get an answer or a new phone replacement. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:22 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sorry your first post is about a possible problem.

There's an app, BBVE (Blackberry Virtual Expert) where you can test various functions.

BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Virtual Expert

Follow the link, open BBWorld, select scan and scan the code.
    smaniatos likes this.
    10-12-13 10:30 AM
    Thanks F2. That's the one I tried. Whenever sound is to be heard, static plays for ten seconds at maximum volume, regardless of the chosen one. The app showed me that the microphone must be involved; maybe a short circuit or "misconnection" on the tracks on the board.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:46 AM
    Could be a blown microphone or speakers. What if you lower the volume - some speakers don't like running at full volume. I saw you are located in Greece and might have issues with return/warranty. I visited Greece many years ago and still would love to visit again - friendly and beautiful.
    smaniatos likes this.
    10-12-13 11:59 AM
    The static is heard at maximum regardless of the chosen volume. Where did you stay while in Greece?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:14 PM
    The static is heard at maximum regardless of the chosen volume. Where did you stay while in Greece?

Posted via CB10
    Athens, Mycanos (40+ years ago) and some other smaller places I don't recall. I do recall the military in positions below the Parthenon.
    smaniatos likes this.
    10-12-13 12:35 PM
    Athens, Mycanos (40+ years ago) and some other smaller places I don't recall. I do recall the military in positions below the Parthenon.
    Before my birth! You must be familiar with blackberries since the time they were just messengers. I'm pretty impressed.
    10-12-13 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sorry your first post is about a possible problem.

There's an app, BBVE (Blackberry Virtual Expert) where you can test various functions.

BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Virtual Expert

Follow the link, open BBWorld, select scan and scan the code.
    Beat you to it!
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and smaniatos like this.
    10-12-13 01:11 PM
    Beat you to it!
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Ah, yes, "The quick brown fox....." and all of that!
    pttptppt likes this.
    10-12-13 01:55 PM
    Ah, yes, "The quick brown fox....." and all of that!
    Is F2 your name because of the keyboard?
    10-12-13 01:57 PM
    Is F2 your name because of the keyboard?
    No, it's because some sites rejected my first choice/choices. That one worked here. Now I don't know if you can select a name/id that short - it makes searching for posting by author hard. In various places I'm f22, ff2 or ff22!!!! Just call me flummoxed.
    10-12-13 02:54 PM
    No, it's because some sites rejected my first choice/choices. That one worked here. Now I don't know if you can select a name/id that short - it makes searching for posting by author hard. In various places I'm f22, ff2 or ff22!!!! Just call me flummoxed.
    But why 2?

And I don't even know why my username is Pttptppt. I think I misspelled something and got pttp, then wrote it backwards

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:02 PM
    Why not? Maybe F1 was already taken? It was a long time ago in another world, a world where BB was flourishing - 2009.
    10-12-13 04:24 PM
    Cool. Add me on Twitter, you seem interesting to talk to. My pin: 24C66EE2

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 06:41 PM
    Not being too antisocial but I only use Twitter for their traffic reports. I don't really tweet. I've never had a facebook account, I don't know what instagram is about. I'm an old fart.
    10-12-13 07:08 PM
    Not being too antisocial but I only use Twitter for their traffic reports. I don't really tweet. I've never had a facebook account, I don't know what instagram is about. I'm an old fart.
    I meant BBM, lol which is why I gave you my pin.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:29 PM
    Though, not an old fart, yet, I think... I side with F2 on social networking matters. On the phone matter, I had it returned today. Not familiar with the U.S. Blackberry (or any country's) policies on such occasions and given the fact that there is no authorized nominee in Greece (the phone was imported by the store from Germany, go figure!) I would like to ask if I can check (by IMEI or PIN) whether the replacement phone is brand new or a refurbished one. And, if I, finally, end up with a new phone, should I let Blackberry (the company) know that my old PIN is no longer mine? (for security reasons)
    10-14-13 04:58 PM
    Just an update on the issue.
    The phone was refunded and I 'm looking to buy a new one. Meanwhile, I had a suggestion by a kind connoisseur from greekberry.com. He proposed that, setting the audiofeedback off in "Display and Actions" of the browser's settings should do the trick. Not having the phone at the moment, I thought I 'd post it here, in case someone else had the issue discussed.
    10-17-13 10:55 AM