4 days with my Z10, been enjoying lots great features we've been longing for so long, but it comes to a point where you start wondering about those unique legacy BlackBerry features, such as Open emails, attachments, pictures etc on my PlayBook... I had heard something about bridge being dumbed down, but wow..
    I didn't think it was this bad!!!

This is a very useful feature, I also used to plug in my 9900 once I got home and let it go to bedside mode, then just used my PlayBook around the house with complete access to my phone emails, text msg, calendar etc.

Does anyone in if this will be added back to BB10?? Hope it's soon!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:16 PM
    Rumor is when BB10 is released for playbook.

I hope it's soon.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-27-13 09:23 PM
    I am so hoping that full BlackBerry Bridge functionality is brought back with a PlayBook BB10 update. I really miss what I had before. Of course the Z10 has been wonderful, so I have dealt with it. I think that is what blackberry was counting on.

If they bring BlackBerry Bridge back eventually we will all be happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:32 PM
    I totally read this post wrong. I thought by the heading, you meant passing articles on Z10 web browser to view on Playbook. I'll go away now
    03-27-13 09:38 PM
    I totally read this post wrong. I thought by the heading, you meant passing articles on Z10 web browser to view on Playbook. I'll go away now
    Of course this is another feature I'd like to get back on BB10 too!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:55 PM
    I have been opening pictures from Z10 on PlayBook. So its there, not sure about emails and such but it works for pics.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-27-13 10:13 PM
    It's actually in a weird place, in the share menu all the way on the bottom you'll see PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 10:22 PM
    Correct.

There is no question many of the bridge features are still on the waiting list, but the one mentioned in this thread is still available.. press and hold the attachment, picture, Pdf etc.. tap share.. scroll down.. open on playbook. Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:03 AM
    I don't have ANY bridge functions. Once I installed BB Bridge on my Z10 and paired it with my PB, everything disappeared on my PB disappeared except one "ReadMe" file
    03-30-13 08:43 AM
    Cool, I completely have not stumbled upon the open on feature. Glad that is still there. My PlayBook will be happy to have a bit more to do.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:35 PM
    I don't have ANY bridge functions. Once I installed BB Bridge on my Z10 and paired it with my PB, everything disappeared on my PB disappeared except one "ReadMe" file
    You don't have any Bridge APPS. Features are there. Remote Control, Internet Sharing and Open On.
    00stryder likes this.
    03-30-13 05:45 PM
    Using the pb file manager (still awful) you are able to see the files on your device including the sd card.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:47 PM
    Using the pb file manager (still awful) you are able to see the files on your device including the sd card.

Posted via CB10
    You can also use the much more robust Files & Folders app to do the same. I'm waiting for the Devs to bring it to BB10, so much better than the native files manager.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    03-30-13 07:25 PM
    You can also use the much more robust Files & Folders app to do the same. I'm waiting for the Devs to bring it to BB10, so much better than the native files manager.

Oh, I am very happy with the file built-in manager... You'll get no complaints from me on that front.
    03-30-13 10:28 PM
    Oh, I am very happy with the file built-in manager... You'll get no complaints from me on that front.
    Eh, it could be better in my opinion. It is much better than the one on the PlayBook but I don't like how it doesn't let you view file properties or copy move files from Dropbox (unless I'm missing something).

03-30-13 11:11 PM
    Eh, it could be better in my opinion. It is much better than the one on the PlayBook but I don't like how it doesn't let you view file properties or copy move files from Dropbox (unless I'm missing something).

Not a drop box user, but on Box, I can copy move stuff around. Switch services? hehe

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:56 PM
    Not a drop box user, but on Box, I can copy move stuff around. Switch services? hehe

Posted via CB10
    Lol too ingrained in Dropbox at this point and plus I share files with other users with it. I might just be missing something though as I have found that the Z10 can save directly to your Dropbox sync folder without making a copy first, something we don't have on the PBOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:45 PM