Unbiased reviews?

There are none.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-03-13 12:22 PM
    The only test that i lost is camera. I phone can take a better picture in dim places..haha.

Posted via CB10
    Let see if the 10.2 OS changes that :-)

Install the new leak from today and to a test again and pls. share your findings with ud. Notice the new setting for dim environements.
    08-03-13 12:35 PM
    Let see if the 10.2 OS changes that :-)

Install the new leak from today and to a test again and pls. share your findings with ud. Notice the new setting for dim environements.
    Software updates can not magically change sensor. iPhone has backlit sensor while Z10 does not. Therefore it's not possible for the Z10 to perform as good in lowlight. You can only make it better through aggressive noise reduction which takes away details from the photos, smudges them.
    08-04-13 07:13 AM
    10.2 will change everything on the matter of maturity.

Posted via CB10
    Will it really? I've only heard that about every release or leak and seems it hasn't yet.
    08-04-13 07:28 AM
    Will it really? I've only heard that about every release or leak and seems it hasn't yet.
    Rubbish

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-04-13 11:13 AM
    If I had to choose between an iPhone 5 and a Z10 i definitely go with Apple. The Z10 software needs to get better in order to compete with Apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:17 PM
    Without any kind of app store or the ability to put more apps than what it has.

Both are very different devices.

iOS is more polished, BlackBerry 10 is new so obviously has more growth potential.

By learning curve iOS is something you can pick up and is so intuitive that you don't really need instructions on how to use it. Meanwhile the current BlackBerry 10 needs 2 weeks of getting used to, which is fine for someone that gets the phone. But results in a challenge for someone trying it out. Some people like challenges others don't have time for that.

So once we cross the learning curve line. With no apps and head to head you can see what's going on. You can see that BlackBerry 10 is a superior OS but it still needs refinement. And if you have vision you will see the future potential of it.

With that said my opinion is that BlackBerry 10 is an unpolished diamond.
    That is being polished even as we speak so it's just a matter of being patient.

Marketing is everything
    08-04-13 01:24 PM
    I think if bb10 was released lets say 08-09ish things would be different. Just my opinion.
    SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    08-04-13 06:18 PM
    08-04-13 07:53 PM
    I wish BB users would understand there is no need to close apps on iOS, Android, and even Windows Phone 8. The OS is supposed to manage the memory itself. The only time i have to "close" an app on my iPhone 5 is when something is stuck or acting up, which is very rare.

And believe it or not, no matter how efficient and reliable BB10 becomes it will still come down to the apps...BB should just pay Google to bring their apps to BB10.
    Mmmm, my fiance's 4S hangs several times and needed to be hard reset because she's rarely close the apps and she uses the phone for a lot of texting (chat). I presumed that the hangs was cause by there were too many apps opened combined with the heavy texting. She's now often close the apps that she only use once a while and so far her 4S has not experiencing any hangs.

I do believe that every OS has a limit on how many apps can be opened since those apps eats lots of RAM. That's why imo the bb10 is smarter in handling open apps cause it will only let 8 apps open in active frame and when you open the 9th, the 1st app you've opened will be closed automatically. Am I right? Maybe someone that has a deeper knowledge of OS infrastructure can give a better understanding.
    08-05-13 04:50 PM

By learning curve iOS is something you can pick up and is so intuitive that you don't really need instructions on how to use it. Meanwhile the current BlackBerry 10 needs 2 weeks of getting used to, which is fine for someone that gets the phone. But results in a challenge for someone trying it out. Some people like challenges others don't have time for that.

So once we cross the learning curve line. With no apps and head to head you can see what's going on. You can see that BlackBerry 10 is a superior OS but it still needs refinement. And if you have vision you will see the future potential of it.

With that said my opinion is that BlackBerry 10 is an unpolished diamond.
    That is being polished even as we speak so it's just a matter of being patient.

Marketing is everything
    Even my fiance after using my Z10 for quite sometime because her 4S ran out of juice to chat with her family, when she's back to her 4S i often saw her doing the swipe gesture on her 4S

I don't think the gestures are hard to learn. It's just a matter of willingness to learn something new and won't take that long to adapt the gesture and probably becomes so into it that you tend to do the gestures in almost every touch screen phones.
    08-05-13 05:02 PM
    I do believe that every OS has a limit on how many apps can be opened since those apps eats lots of RAM. That's why imo the bb10 is smarter in handling open apps cause it will only let 8 apps open in active frame and when you open the 9th, the 1st app you've opened will be closed automatically. Am I right? Maybe someone that has a deeper knowledge of OS infrastructure can give a better understanding.
    That's not really "smarter". As you can not have more than 8 apps open even if the available free RAM allows it. It's a limitation in the OS in the same way other systems have limits. At least Android utilizes all the RAM before it starts closing apps by itself. So in a way Android is more efficient even though I personally prefer to be in control like in BB10.

I basically never close apps on my iPhone 5 and have no problems. Never had problems on Android either. I have a issue with BB10 and the limit on 8 apps even though there is free RAM available. Too much Free RAM doesn't do much good.
    08-07-13 08:58 AM
    10.2 will change everything on the matter of maturity.

Posted via CB10
    This reminds me of another thread when someone said 10.1 is going to be epic. lol
    Blackberry 10.2 will be the greatest since sliced bread!!! And I'm sure they'll forget a few things for the next update....but on purpose right. Just like the recent MR update, some users have black calendar and other with white....that was on purpose, my bad.
    08-07-13 10:35 AM
    I have 10.2 installed and it is epic. This isn't speculation. I don't hope. I know.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:01 PM
39 12