I know there was a recent thread about this issue but did not find it.

Z10, Verizon 4, 10.2.1.3175

64gig sd card where I save my camera pictures.

I am finding that after I take a picture, it is not available either to Share via email or to attach to a CB thread. The picture remains in limbo for about a day. After I snap the picture, it will show up in the Camera app in the lower right instantly. But if I close the camera app and then reopen it, the picture is not there and a picture from the day before or whenever is now in that lower right position. If I go to email and compose an email it is not immediately visible. If I attempt to attach it to a CB thread using the CB app - does not exist. The other day I downloaded a Wine Label program. I snapped a picture for that app - image from 3 days earlier showed up.

Now, the pictures do show up in the File Manager immediately. But you canNOT attach them to the CB app from FileManager. The attachment has to originate in the CB app. I have even tried using File Manager to copy the picture somewhere else on the sd card - useless - still missing.

So, ODD!!! Now, the next day or maybe long hours later the picture will eventually show up. But not when I want it after shooting a few images. So, I presume that is some delay in indexing the new card data/photo(s).

I am wondering if the format of the sd-card might be the reason???? I used guiformat to format the card since the z10 would not touch it. I have not attempted to reformat and reload the card with this newest OS which supposedly can deal with larger cards.

Other ideas.
    06-02-14 06:44 PM
    Guiformat was a blessing to me when you told me about it F2.
    I reformatted in FAT32. Which file system are you using for the 3175?
    06-02-14 06:49 PM
    I had a problem with disappearing photos and I just renamed the folder they were in. If they are still in the original camera folder then move them to a new folder.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-14 06:52 PM
    Breaking my thread up a bit, here are two screen shots that I just grabbed. They kind of show what is or rather is not happening. In the first screen shot, is the Pictures App. The image shows what it thinks are my most recent pictures. Today's 4 pictures are completely missing. Even the one I took on Sunday is still missing (I posted it in the Photo thread - Irises and Geese). The second image shows the FileManager - the filenames show. But even there, no thumbnails show up yet (including pictures taken on May 31!) but the pictures are there and if I select one, it will display.

Where are my most recent photos - indexing S L O W or what?-img_20140602_164630.jpg

Where are my most recent photos - indexing S L O W or what?-img_20140602_164743.jpg
    06-02-14 07:04 PM
    Guiformat was a blessing to me when you told me about it F2.
    I reformatted in FAT32. Which file system are you using for the 3175?
    I am trying to figure that out!

Looking at the card in the phone does not display that info. Or I don't know where to look. Using Win Explorer, does not show it. I'd probably have to remove it from the phone and directly in computer???
    06-02-14 07:07 PM
    I had a problem with disappearing photos and I just renamed the folder they were in. If they are still in the original camera folder then move them to a new folder.
    I think I tried copying them to other folders including a few albums, even the books, music and video folders but that did not work. But maybe I don't recall what I did try. I will also try creating an entirely NEW folder and see if that works.

Aha, I think that it may actually work. Thanks.
    Last edited by F2; 06-02-14 at 08:01 PM.
    06-02-14 07:48 PM
    I think I tried copying them to other folders including a few albums, even the books, music and video folders but that did not work. But maybe I don't recall what I did try. I will also try creating an entirely NEW folder and see if that works.
    The clue to my problem was black placeholders where the thumbnails should be. I could actually multi select the empty frames.
    06-02-14 07:52 PM
    The clue to my problem was black placeholders where the thumbnails should be. I could actually multi select the empty frames.
    As you can see above, in the Photo app, they are just plain NOT SHOWN. In the FileManager, they show up as those generic Image-Flower-Place-Holders. If I reopen the Camera app, they are also missing and scrolling does not reveal them.

If I can find the patience, I MAY backup the card contents and then format the card with the new OS (supposedly recognizing 64gig and formatting with exFAT). But that's a lot of data to copy back and forth!!!
    06-02-14 08:15 PM
    I had this issue too. It goes away if you keep your photos under 60 on device... at least for me.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-02-14 08:30 PM
    I had this issue too. It goes away if you keep your photos under 60 on device... at least for me.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Do mean you INTERNAL memory or the sd-card? And then, in the CAMERA folder or IN TOTAL everywhere? Questions, more questions!
    06-02-14 09:23 PM
    Do mean you INTERNAL memory or the sd-card? And then, in the CAMERA folder or IN TOTAL everywhere? Questions, more questions!
    Hah totally fair question

I had the problem until I moved all my photos out from both on device and SD.

I've been slowly accumulating a ton on sd again. Device side is clean (need every kb for games). And no issues so far.

But for a while I would take a photo and it would take 5 minutes to appear in attachments on bbm. Which was hard to share photos of beta testing of apps with the creators.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-02-14 11:43 PM
    Hah totally fair question

I had the problem until I moved all my photos out from both on device and SD.

I've been slowly accumulating a ton on sd again. Device side is clean (need every kb for games). And no issues so far.

But for a while I would take a photo and it would take 5 minutes to appear in attachments on bbm. Which was hard to share photos of beta testing of apps with the creators.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Okay, I will give that a try. I have 384 files in the sd-card's camera folder. Here we go .....
    06-02-14 11:49 PM
    I have a 16GB Patriot card with over 1,000 pics and videos. Used to get errors like yours with my SanDisc cards. I tossed all my SanDiscs and went to Patriots. No more hassles. They just work. Got the tip from a Frys Superstore geek a long time ago. Glad I switched. Phone (Z10) formats the card just fine.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-03-14 02:12 AM
    I have a 16GB Patriot card with over 1,000 pics and videos. Used to get errors like yours with my SanDisc cards. I tossed all my SanDiscs and went to Patriots. No more hassles. They just work. Got the tip from a Frys Superstore geek a long time ago. Glad I switched. Phone (Z10) formats the card just fine.

Interesting observation. I have to wonder what it might be about the Sandisk cards that causes this. They SUPPOSEDLY have the SPEED necessary.

Regarding what Kermed suggested. I moved all of my Camera pictures off the card (to my computer) last night (7 hours ago). But the Picture/photo app still shows the thumbnails in full. But when I attempt to show any of them I get a dark screen with a small generic flower icon. So they are gone but the thumbnail "index" is now 7 hours behind. Even more odd, when I use FileManager to navigate to the CARD's camera folder, it initially shows ZERO items. But if I click on the folder it shows the generic flower icons for all of them and when i tap the "BACK" arrow, the item total is back up to 372. But there's nothing in there.

Obviously a glitch either with the Z10 and this OS as well as the prior OS I had (symptoms have been around for a while now) or the Sandisk card or the combination.

Again, if I could find the time/patience to backup the card completely to computer and format with the new OS........... This is when smaller cards are better than larger cards!

Edited to add: Ah, a reboot seems to have cleared up all of the phantoms. Now to take some photos and see if they show up.....

NOPE. Oh, well. Just have to accept this as a limitation (card or z10).
    Last edited by F2; 06-03-14 at 08:39 AM.
    06-03-14 08:16 AM
    Poor guy!!! Sorry I was so hopeful it would work too.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-04-14 07:44 AM
    F2, what brand sd card? Generic, SanDisk, Patriot?

06-04-14 12:38 PM
    Sorry, I thought I had specified - Sandisk Ultra whatever the heck - sold here on CB.

It is so odd. Today, I took a picture and while it still showed in the lower left, I opened it and was able to share to a bbm group. But then I closed out the camera app. The picture is again GONE or inaccessible. The thumbnail that shows when I next open the camera app is one from two days ago!!!!!!!!!!1

I am going to switch to save to INTERNAL memory and see how that goes. Then wait for KermEd to create a utility that automatically copies/moves the image to the SD-card after.

Edited to add: Switched to INTERNAL storage. The pictures are there and available. I closed the Camera App and reopened it. The 3 pictures I just snapped and saved INTERNALLY are available. They show. I even opened the CB app and attempted to attach a picture and I could browse for one of those 3 and attach it.

So either MY Sandisk card is fouled up, or something else about my system is fouled up.
    Last edited by F2; 06-04-14 at 08:59 PM.
    06-04-14 05:24 PM
    I've heard a lot, a whole bunch, of users having issues with SanDisc cards so I went to a system builder at my local (15 miles away) electronic superstore and spoke to the guy that actually does the assembly and set up for $5,000 supercomputers. He said to use Patriot cards because they have the best return rate. (almost zero) That was a few years ago. I had issues with SanDisc too. Never had any issues with Patriot myself. I now run only P's in all my stuff. Camcorders (high speed class10), cameras, photo frames, phones...etc. I'm even using an old 16GB Patriot from my Android Evo3d in my Z10...now at 11GB+full and no issues editing, Movie Maker, Panorama.......

06-05-14 11:02 AM
    I may investigate changing card brands. It tends to work in general. I mean it does save the photos that are captured there. It also captures video and voice stuff. It is only this odd glitch where the most recent images do not appear to be indexed/available after the initial shot is taken and the Camera App is closed.

Oh, and I do NOT have encryption turned on.
    06-05-14 11:45 AM
    Faced the same problem
    Then restarted and re set the device 3-4 times...after that it was fixed and never happened again..
    May b this could solve ur problem

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    FF22 likes this.
    06-05-14 02:20 PM
    Moreover some times BlackBerry 10 behaves weird
    I hav noticed many things on my Z10

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    06-05-14 04:18 PM