I was wondering where you get the snap android downloaded app and if anyone has the link can you send it to me

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:02 PM
    You can download it here, instructions are there as well.
    06-04-14 05:05 PM
    Here's my own little Snap guide

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    4. Plug your device into your computer.
    5. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    6. Click on the install tab.
    7. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    8. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    06-04-14 05:16 PM
    That seems like way too much work... I'll pass

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:12 PM
    I forget, can this be done with a Mac desktop??

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:35 PM
    Why do all the Sachesi junk?

1) Download the Snap BAR to your computer
    2) Put your device in "Development Mode"
    3) Install the Google Chrome "BB10/PlayBook App Manager" extension (see: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pblnikkp?hl=en)
    4) Type the IP and password of your BlackBerry into the tool, click browse, locate the Snap BAR. It installs.

Done. Not OS specific, no USB cables, easy as pie.
    06-04-14 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-04-14 06:42 PM
    Why do all the Sachesi junk?

1) Download the Snap BAR to your computer
    2) Put your device in "Development Mode"
    3) Install the Google Chrome "BB10/PlayBook App Manager" extension (see: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pblnikkp?hl=en)
    4) Type the IP and password of your BlackBerry into the tool, click browse, locate the Snap BAR. It installs.

Done. Not OS specific, no USB cables, easy as pie.
    I've recommended both methods. I've found that those who are new to BlackBerry devices or don't have a lot of experience with them have had issues connecting using the Chrome method. Also, some dislike all things Google, and won't touch the Chrome browser. Some that don't use a password get confused at why their device allof a sudden requires a password to use. In short, if someone is a first-time side-loader, I suggest Sachesi.

The other plus is that Sachesi is usefull for the backup/restore when BB Link gives problems (though it's been better in the last few versions).
    06-04-14 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you just need to grab the Mac version at the same download location. (Linux version is also available.)
    06-04-14 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    It actually takes less effort to do than to describe.
    06-04-14 06:55 PM
    I've recommended both methods. I've found that those who are new to BlackBerry devices or don't have a lot of experience with them have had issues connecting using the Chrome method. Also, some dislike all things Google, and won't touch the Chrome browser. Some that don't use a password get confused at why their device allof a sudden requires a password to use. In short, if someone is a first-time side-loader, I suggest Sachesi.

The other plus is that Sachesi is usefull for the backup/restore when BB Link gives problems (though it's been better in the last few versions).
    With one extra step (the Chrome extension support plugin) the BlackBerry Chrome plugin works on Opera. Without having to have Chrome at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    As mentioned, it's more effort to describe the steps than it is to do. Both methods described take, maybe, 10 minutes to complete if you take your time. Unless you have to load Link first.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:11 AM
    Pardon my ignorance Ellesar.
    You give the link to download Sachesi, but how do I get this to my Mac, and not on my phone? ( it does go to my Mac, correct??)
    Then the Google snap, does that download to phone or Mac??
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:42 AM
    Never mind, I am working my way thru it, hopefully.....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:50 AM
    It says " safari can't open file because no available application can open it'
    Thus us on the Google play download.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:54 AM
    I don't have a computer/laptop, just me and my BlackBerry passport. I can't sideload Snap
    11-01-14 10:50 PM