Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By xdoomx
  • 2 Post By twstd.reality
  • 1 Post By Bla1ze
  • 2 Post By xdoomx
  • 1 Post By BoldBigWorm
  • 1 Post By D Mac
  1. xdoomx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Question Where do I find today's date?

    Dumb question right?
    Try it.. let me know.
  2. russ30's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Drag from the top to see settings wifi etc & there it is!!

    Posted via CB10
  3. xdoomx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Good grief... and there I have been locking the phone and looking at the lock screen for the last week
    Where do I find today's date?-bb-z10-pull-down-menu.jpg
    Thanked by:
    0o1ong (02-20-2013) 
    Bla1ze, jstarett and PPL like this.
  4. twstd.reality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,167 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Also, if you look at the calendar app icon it shows the current date.

    Posted via CB10
    root2 and nmonbb like this.
  5. twstd.reality's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,167 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    And at the top of the hub

    Posted via CB10
  6. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Time Lord

    Posts
    10,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Best thread ever.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    suvo likes this.
  7. xdoomx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    More that think about it, I miss the 'home' screen with all this info on it. It would save us some swipes.
    I'd wake up in the morning unlock my 9800, see the date, time, and first 3 appointments (as well as 3 emails, tweets, etc) without doing anything.
    KermEd and CDM76 like this.
  8. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xdoomx View Post
    More that think about it, I miss the 'home' screen with all this info on it. It would save us some swipes.
    I'd wake up in the morning unlock my 9800, see the date, time, and first 3 appointments (as well as 3 emails, tweets, etc) without doing anything.
    And on your Z10 you see the date and time and next appointment before you even unlock it.

    And then once you do unlock it one swipe to the right shows you the time, date, and first 8 messages.

    Sounds to me like you see a lot more on your Z10 than on your old phone
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    Thanked by:
    xdoomx (02-18-2013) 
  9. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,424 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #9  

    Default

    Or on your lock screen

    Posted via CB10
  10. BoldBigWorm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    509 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Is there a way to lock the date so it's always on. It seems to stay on when you restart it until you touch the screen. The date and time should always be on the home screen in my opinion....

    Yest it shows on calendar but I dont want that on first page...
    xdoomx likes this.
  11. CDM76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,189 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russ30 View Post
    Drag from the top to see settings wifi etc & there it is!!
    I did that but only pulled it halfway down and somehow "locked" the date bar in place. I then swiped down fully to unlock it. I cant replicate this though.
  12. ShaneN.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    468 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    I did that but only pulled it halfway down and somehow "locked" the date bar in place. I then swiped down fully to unlock it. I cant replicate this though.
    same. i think it was a glitch though because when you went over to app grid it blocked the view of the top edge of the page.
  13. CDM76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,189 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Exactly. I've been trying to replicate it but so far no luck.
  14. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    Exactly. I've been trying to replicate it but so far no luck.
    If you don't have signal the date stays visible as it is on the same line as the carrier message.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    xdoomx likes this.
  15. CDM76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,189 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    If you don't have signal the date stays visible as it is on the same line as the carrier message.
    I just tried turning all connections off and the date isnt staying visible ... not a big deal, more of a curiousity.
  16. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    I just tried turning all connections off and the date isnt staying visible ... not a big deal, more of a curiousity.
    No not if you turn it off, if you don't have signal. Go in your elevator or parking garage or somewhere else that you don't have signal and you will see what I mean.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  17. jamesbondOO7's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I have it on all my Rolex watches.

    Posted via CB10
    8800>9000>9700>9900>Z10>Q10

    PlayBook
  18. nmonbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    since the date topic is on and the date is on the lock screen....my question is...is the date screen visible or available all the time or only visible when there is a notification? I have the flip cover and when i open it the screen with icons come on it not the date screen. Infact i see the date screen in a flash and it changes to the icons screen. is that the way it is?
  19. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    796 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmonbb View Post
    since the date topic is on and the date is on the lock screen....my question is...is the date screen visible or available all the time or only visible when there is a notification? I have the flip cover and when i open it the screen with icons come on it not the date screen. Infact i see the date screen in a flash and it changes to the icons screen. is that the way it is?
    The magnet in the flip cover wakes up the Z10 straight away so you don't see the lock screen except for a very brief time. If you press the lock key but Don't close the flip cover, then wake up the phone with a swipe you will see the date time and also any calendar events set for the day too


    Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
  20. nmonbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    When i open the flip case i see the the screen with icons. But when there is a notification shouldnt the date n time screen show?? It doesn't in my case...so i have to visit the hub n check if i hear the beep when a mail comes in. If i have not heard the beep and open the flip i wouldn't know if there is a new mail!! Another point is even if i press the top button for locking the screen before closing the flip...when i open the flip it again shows the icons screen...shouldn't it show the lock screen?
    Last edited by nmonbb; 02-26-2013 at 07:46 AM.
  21. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    796 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmonbb View Post
    When i open the flip case i see the the screen with icons. But when there is a notification shouldnt the date n time screen show?? It doesn't in my case...so i have to visit the hub n check if i hear the beep when a mail comes in. If i have not heard the beep and open the flip i wouldn't know if there is a new mail!! Another point is even if i press the top button for locking the screen before closing the flip...when i open the flip it again shows the icons screen...shouldn't it show the lock screen?
    No. The magnet in your flip screen wakes up the phone & takes it off the lock screen to your 1st app page.

    Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
  22. nmonbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knighty2112 View Post
    No. The magnet in your flip screen wakes up the phone & takes it off the lock screen to your 1st app page.

    Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    So i don't get to see if there are any notifications for mails on the lock screen?
    Thanked by:
    knighty2112 (02-26-2013) 
  23. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    796 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmonbb View Post
    So i don't get to see if there are any notifications for mails on the lock screen?
    Not after you close the flip screen. If you swipe up from the bottom of the touchscreen you will get a peek at any emails or other notifications that came through that you may have missed. If there are any new ones you can slide to the right also to view the hub.

    Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
  24. root2's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    Also, if you look at the calendar app icon it shows the current date.

    Posted via CB10
    This one is amazing...I never noticed the calendar icon actually changed each day. Totally love it.
  25. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    796 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by root2 View Post
    This one is amazing...I never noticed the calendar icon actually changed each day. Totally love it.
    Cool! I never noticed that either!
    The Z10 rocks!

    Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10

Similar Threads

  1. Where do I find offical release dates for Verizon?
    By chillywilly818 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
  2. where do I find my pin?
    By kaufmansm in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Where do I find what my PIN is?
    By BrianDoheny in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
  4. Where do I find the @?
    By Reed McLay in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 01:51 PM
  5. where do i find my pin?
    By KZDATGURL in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions