I know I have those options but there's lots of Android phones out there so why would I choose a BlackBerry android over any other android phone?

Posted via CB10
    At this point, either BlackBerry Android offers a closer experience to BB10 than other Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 06:05 AM
    I know I have those options but there's lots of Android phones out there so why would I choose a BlackBerry android over any other android phone?

Posted via CB10
    If you are bothered about security then there's that
    Plus BlackBerry's apps on android make it a lot better and productive than other androids. Yes you can load most of the apps on other android phones but you will have to pay for it unless you are cool with ads and also you won't get the keyboard or the swipe up gestures or the productivity edge.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-14-16 10:10 AM
    Is a BlackBerry android an hybrid between BB10 and Android? Being that I like BB10 is there a reason I should get an BlackBerry android over any other android? I just thought that BlackBerry has added some of their stuff onto the device which I can have on any other android device too. I am not really bothered over the security aspect so what would be the reason I would get a BlackBerry android over any other android phone? Besides security and keyboard.
    Since I have almost zero knowledge on Android phones I still want to know why I wouldn't get one of the top android phones like a Samsung galaxy.

Sorry for hijacking forum

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 10:47 AM
    What's the opposite of "the Android version will stop working"?
    "The iOS version will stop working"?? :P
    naeempriv likes this.
    09-14-16 10:53 AM
    Is a BlackBerry android an hybrid between BB10 and Android? Being that I like BB10 is there a reason I should get an BlackBerry android over any other android? I just thought that BlackBerry has added some of their stuff onto the device which I can have on any other android device too. I am not really bothered over the security aspect so what would be the reason I would get a BlackBerry android over any other android phone? Besides security and keyboard.
    Since I have almost zero knowledge on Android phones I still want to know why I wouldn't get one of the top android phones like a Samsung galaxy.

Sorry for hijacking forum

Posted via CB10
    If you're not as concerned with the security part, you might as well go for any Android device you want and then get the subscription for the BlackBerry apps.

OS hardening and the dtek software, along with a few UI enhancements (productivity tab, swipe up gestures, and BlackBerry keyboard), is what differentiates Blackberry Android from other Android devices.
    09-14-16 12:08 PM
    If you're not as concerned with the security part, you might as well go for any Android device you want and then get the subscription for the BlackBerry apps.

OS hardening and the dtek software, along with a few UI enhancements (productivity tab, swipe up gestures, and BlackBerry keyboard), is what differentiates Blackberry Android from other Android devices.
    What about all the constant ads and Google Apps updates? That crap is there every time I look at my wife's LG3 Android.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    09-14-16 03:31 PM
    What about all the constant ads and Google Apps updates? That crap is there every time I look at my wife's LG3 Android.

Not sure what this has to do with comparing BlackBerry Android to other Androids.

Since you bring it up, constant updates is a sign of a vibrant ecosystem. Turn them off if you don't like it.

You can also use Firefox with AdBlock if you like to surf without ads.
    09-14-16 03:49 PM
    I don't use WTFA, but figure I'll be moving from my Z10 eventually. Any Droid will do unless there's a compelling reason (IMO) to buy a BlackBerry Android.

I'm talking about the damn ads and notifications on her "Home" screen.

09-14-16 03:55 PM

You can disable Google apps if you don't want to use them,

How to disable unwanted system apps and bloatware from your Android phone (Android 4.0 and up) |

Edit: What home screen launcher does your wife use on her G3?
    09-14-16 04:13 PM
    Please make a poll to ensure that BlackBerry will help out all of us from using watsapp after December '16

Else we have to reluctantly switch it.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 10:20 AM
    Please make a poll to ensure that BlackBerry will help out all of us from using watsapp after December '16

Else we have to reluctantly switch it.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a BlackBerry issue. There is nothing they can do about it.
    glwerry likes this.
    09-19-16 10:36 AM
    Everybody complaining about how Whatsapp won't work yet nobody complaining how they are stealing your data with Facebook. Just end the relationship already...

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    09-19-16 09:36 PM
    Will have to change if that is the case

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:10 AM
    I wish MSN Messenger was still around. It was basic, allowed video chat, and was attached to your email account. Best of all...it was absolutely free !

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S7
    09-29-16 02:28 PM
    I wish MSN Messenger was still around. It was basic, allowed video chat, and was attached to your email account. Best of all...it was absolutely free !

Skype is essentially the "successor" to MSN Messenger, it should still be compatible with your old account/contacts.
    09-29-16 09:41 PM
    Don't like the idea of anything Skype.

09-30-16 11:25 AM
    Nobody seems to really use Skype anymore except for desktop.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 12:39 PM
    10-07-16 12:50 AM
    Why? Because it has a hardened and more secure Android OS, and you're supporting Blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-16 08:10 PM
44 12