Z10 STL100-1. OS10.3.1.2267
    I downloaded the WhatsApp from BB world and it was working very fine but I noticed that some of the videos could not be played although they were downloaded completely. Only the symbol of play was shown on the still frame of the video. Then I uninstalled it and downloaded the WhatsApp from Google play store using Snap and now I was able to play all the videos. I checked the format of the videos which could not be played earlier and surprisingly they were mp4!!! Any idea what is the problem with BB world WhatsApp because I found BB version of WhatsApp more convenient.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:21 AM
    MP4 files are a package container of Video and Audio tracks, of which those could be encoded in various codecs.
    See the listings here:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...a_support.html
    that show the various Video and Audio codecs that are supported by the BB10 OS and your Z10.
    03-09-15 10:31 AM
    With every update to my STL-1 since day one or (10.0.9.XXXX) I've been losing features and settings that was only found in BB10.
    Today with SR10.3.1.1565 video playback is corrupted, jitters and unwatchable .
    For example : in a WhatsApp group one group member sends a video i get unwatchable playback while another friend sitting next to me and in the same group but with a Samsung S4 has no playback problems.
    No one wants to explain to me what is soo professional or even consumer is left in BlackBerry10, other than PR hogwash!!!
    As an early adapter to BB10 it is sickening me to see another STL-1 user stripped of features and tools for no good reason.
    I'm thinking of nuking my daily driver device with (SIC Multiwipe) and rolling back to any 10.X.X autoloader and getting an android phone or a OS7.1 BlackBerry or just a dumb phone as a daily driver and keeping my Z10 just for web surfing and media.

Cheers! from my STL-1
    Magnetox likes this.
    03-09-15 11:09 AM
    That's true... it's really frustrating and puzzling to see the extreme unprofessional manner in which BlackBerry people are handling the software issues. So much bugs and glitches in every upgradation!!! Hardly i can found anyone fully satisfied with the new releases. Forum is full of complaints and the problems users are facing but these BB guys are going in their own now notorious slow manner in addressing these issues. Not a good sign for a struggling company which once a world leader....

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 11:37 AM