Hey everyone!

I've been trying to enjoy whatsapp app on my Z10 but im running into a problem regarding contacts. When I first downloaded the app my contacts seemed to have synced ok, but a lot of them were just empty with no info and I was unable to select them. Then my contacts disappeared and I was left with only 2, after power cycling my phone and rebooting it I got back the same # of contacts originally but when I go start a new chat I can only select from 7 people. I know there's a problem because some of the people I talk to on whatsapp like my brother in law, don't show up in search yet I have an active chat open with him as I write this. Not too sure whats going on. Is there a setting somewhere I need to tweak?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    03-14-13 10:17 PM
    yea! me having the same problem. i guess is some bug that we need to wait for them to fix
    03-14-13 10:31 PM
    Did you try this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781410

Or even this http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781950
    Which pretty much has the same name as your thread

Remember people there's a search button.. or at least a bb10 apps section for bb10 apps lol

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:34 PM
    I wonder how many new threads will be created when the Z10 is launched in the US. Some really need to be stickies.
    03-14-13 10:39 PM
    Did you try this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781410

Or even this http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781950
    Which pretty much has the same name as your thread

Remember people there's a search button.. or at least a bb10 apps section for bb10 apps lol

Posted via CB10
    I did do a search and none of the threads answered my question including the ones you mentioned, which is why I made this one......and I am installing it on a Z10 so I don't see what the problem is? Sorry for trying to troubleshoot jeez
    03-14-13 10:44 PM
    I wonder how many new threads will be created when the Z10 is launched in the US. Some really need to be stickies.
    It's gonna be bonkers. I can imagine most of the stuff that's been hashed out since jan/feb Will just get reposted and little use if the search button.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    habs_fan and pandapurple like this.
    03-14-13 10:47 PM
    I did do a search and none of the threads answered my question including the ones you mentioned, which is why I made this one......and I am installing it on a Z10 so I don't see what the problem is? Sorry for trying to troubleshoot jeez
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781410

The first page in this thread talks about the same issue of the contacts disappearing. It's a known issue, and if no one answered it in that thread why would someone magically figure it out and answer it now?
    And of course your installing it on a Z10 there are no other bb10 phones out so what other phone would you install a bb10 app on?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:51 PM
    I hope you have found your answer. It has been posted many times in both threads. I say this with certainty because I was one of those who posted.

Don't re-install WhatsApp again if you have already done so. Do this in sequence. Go to WhatsApp's Contacts. Touch the 3 vertical dots. Touch "Refresh". And please wait. It may take awhile if you have hundreds or thousands of phone records. Once your contacts are refreshed, go to Favourites and refresh as well. Also wait. You will be good to go after his. Note that if you power down your Z10, it will take awhile again for WhatsApp to restore your Contacts. If you waited and don't see the list coming back, refresh both the Contacts and Favourites again.

I hope WhatsApp can help with making the Contacts & Favourites list refresh instantly as the app is accessed. Don't know how come this is happening when it doesn't happen on other versions of WhatsApp running on other OS.
    matt0135 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:57 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781410

The first page in this thread talks about the same issue of the contacts disappearing. It's a known issue, and if no one answered it in that thread why would someone magically figure it out and answer it now?
    And of course your installing it on a Z10 there are no other bb10 phones out so what other phone would you install a bb10 app on?

Posted via CB10
    I understand its a known issue, however what's the harm in asking the community again to see if someone has come up recently with a solution? I don't understand why there has to be such negativity towards a simple thread, its totally unnecessary. IF you have have something constructive to add to the thread than post it, if you don't know the solution then don't post, plain and simple.
    03-14-13 10:59 PM
    in whatsapp go to contacts, tap the 3 dots on bottom right (overflow button), and then tap refresh. do the same thing for favs. your contacts should reappear. everytime you reboot you need to refresh for some reason. like whoever mentioned above, it's been said several times already.
    03-14-13 11:01 PM
    I understand its a known issue, however what's the harm in asking the community again to see if someone has come up recently with a solution? I don't understand why there has to be such negativity towards a simple thread, its totally unnecessary. IF you have have something constructive to add to the thread than post it, if you don't know the solution then don't post, plain and simple.
    I could really care less. I just think it's easier to have one or even two threads about it then have a bunch. When the thread gets an answer its easier for someone else to find that answer in one or two threads then 5 or more. The more threads on the same topic the harder it is to find the answer which in return means people would make a new thread with the same question to get an answer
    It's a vicious cycle lol

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:02 PM
    I hope you have found your answer. It has been posted many times in both threads. I say this with certainty because I was one of those who posted.

Don't re-install WhatsApp again if you have already done so. Do this in sequence. Go to WhatsApp's Contacts. Touch the 3 vertical dots. Touch "Refresh". And please wait. It may take awhile if you have hundreds or thousands of phone records. Once your contacts are refreshed, go to Favourites and refresh as well. Also wait. You will be good to go after his. Note that if you power down your Z10, it will take awhile again for WhatsApp to restore your Contacts. If you waited and don't see the list coming back, refresh both the Contacts and Favourites again.

I hope WhatsApp can help with making the Contacts & Favourites list refresh instantly as the app is accessed. Don't know how come this is happening when it doesn't happen on other versions of WhatsApp running on other OS.
    Yeah im sure it will be addressed in a future update. The solutions just seemed temporary because my contacts would fluctuate on a daily basis lol. But I managed to get my contacts working for now so all is good.
    03-14-13 11:03 PM
    It's gonna be bonkers. I can imagine most of the stuff that's been hashed out since jan/feb Will just get reposted and little use if the search button.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I feel that my learning curve wasn't so steep converting from a BB with physical keyboard to the Z10 because of the people on CB. I learnt very fast scouring the threads in CB. The truth is that not everyone has the habit of using the search function before starting a new one. Hence, it is really important that some of these threads need to be stickies.

At the same time, I think in order to help our US BB fans, we should also be all hands on deck. I rather we hear more gushes about my beloved phone than complaints after complaints.
    03-14-13 11:05 PM
    Yeah im sure it will be addressed in a future update. The solutions just seemed temporary because my contacts would fluctuate on a daily basis lol. But I managed to get my contacts working for now so all is good.
    Very strange. I have not seen this happen in my WhatsApp. You have phantom contacts. J/K
    03-14-13 11:06 PM
    Very strange. I have not seen this happen in my WhatsApp. You have phantom contacts. J/K
    Im sitting at 284 right now (although I don't think all 284 use whatsapp) so i'll keep an eye out for any ghosts
    03-14-13 11:10 PM
    I had the disappearing contact problem. Got almost 1000 contacts so it takes a bit to refresh the list.

Two ways to refresh contacts... use the refresh function or reinstall the app if th first didn't work.

Also I am not sure if it's a bug but if someone bas two WhatsApp "Account" I can't seem to contact specifically one... it always seem to contact one of them

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:11 PM
    Im sitting at 284 right now (although I don't think all 284 use whatsapp) so i'll keep an eye out for any ghosts
    All the Contacts don't use WhatsApp. Those who use WhatsApp are shortlisted in Favourites. Boo!
    matt0135 likes this.
    03-15-13 12:11 AM