I just upgraded to 10.2 and whatsapp is not givin me any messsages or notifications, only when i go in i find my unread messages...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:28 PM
    Native app is not as good as the sideloaded....but tradeoff is the battery drain on the sideloaded. so far I keep the sideloaded as they offer much better functionality

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:38 PM
    Lol what r u talkin about

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:39 PM
    I just had to do the magical operation : reboot the phone and the whatsapp icon appeared again
    09-22-13 01:08 AM
    I just upgraded to 10.2 and whatsapp is not givin me any messsages or notifications, only when i go in i find my unread messages...

Posted via CB10
    Same for me. It's brutal

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-22-13 01:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    If the problem is that the hub is never updating to match the chats inside of the app, then the problem is that the hub is simply taking too long to get to a state where we can actually initialize with it. Right now (v2.11.66 and below) we start trying to connect to the hub at around 2 minutes after boot, and keep trying for another 4 minutes. Sometimes this apparently isn't patient enough, so we'll work on better handling this failure case in the future.

Thankfully, on 10.2 there is a workaround that doesn't require rebooting your phone:
    - Swipe down from the home screen and go to "Settings"
    - Select "App Manager"
    - Select "Device Monitor"
    - Select "WhatsApp"
    - Tap the "Stop" action

After doing this, try starting our app again. Hopefully at this point everything on your phone will be stable enough and our hub integration should initialize normally.
    vulfadli likes this.
    09-23-13 12:11 PM
    Thanks! Didn't realize the devs were visiting the forum. I'll give it a whirl.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-23-13 02:43 PM
    It will appear even in the toast notifications?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:27 PM
    It will appear even in the toast notifications?

Posted via CB10
    On 1743 yes, it has toast notifications.

From Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1743
    09-24-13 09:15 AM
    I did what u told me abt the Stop thing, still toast notifications not appearing

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:40 PM
    The toasts are part of whatsapp not the OS toasts

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:58 PM
    Never had any issues with whatsapp even most leaks I loaded worked with no issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Zee10 on 10.2.xXxX
    09-24-13 06:00 PM
    I'm gonna share what I did. First of all its important that before you restart your whatsapp, make sure the app is in 'idle' and no contacts is actively chatting with you, then, go to App Manager > Device Monitor, and make sure Hub is in 'idle' as well. stop the Whatsapp from Device Monitor by holding on the icon until an option pops out from the right, then stop it.

Whatsapp on 10.2, no notifications-img_20130991.png

Text your friend and ask them to whatsapp you, then you will see it will show toast as well as synced with the Hub. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:37 PM
    Do we have to do this every time we reboot??

I'm on Whatsapp version 2.11.66.2... do I need to downgrade...??

Please reply.

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India.Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1767
    10-10-13 01:11 PM
    Native app is not as good as the sideloaded....but tradeoff is the battery drain on the sideloaded. so far I keep the sideloaded as they offer much better functionality

Posted via CB10
    Side loaded is also not incorporated into ur hub. Which is a major drawback for me
    10-10-13 01:48 PM
    If the problem is that the hub is never updating to match the chats inside of the app, then the problem is that the hub is simply taking too long to get to a state where we can actually initialize with it. Right now (v2.11.66 and below) we start trying to connect to the hub at around 2 minutes after boot, and keep trying for another 4 minutes. Sometimes this apparently isn't patient enough, so we'll work on better handling this failure case in the future.

Thankfully, on 10.2 there is a workaround that doesn't require rebooting your phone:
    - Swipe down from the home screen and go to "Settings"
    - Select "App Manager"
    - Select "Device Monitor"
    - Select "WhatsApp"
    - Tap the "Stop" action

After doing this, try starting our app again. Hopefully at this point everything on your phone will be stable enough and our hub integration should initialize normally.
    Not meaning to hijack, but are you guys worried about xbbm??
    10-10-13 04:04 PM
    I had Whatsapp on 10.1 and it was fine. Works just fine on 10.2 as well for me. Native app off the Blackberry World store.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 04:16 PM
    I did as wass mentioned & now get the new mssg in HUB.

I have problems with many contact names not showing in Whatsapp. I have 2728 contacts in phonebook, while Whatsapp shows 2710 contacts. Even updating in phonebook or refreshing contacts in Whatsapp, contacts don't show the names in Whatsapp.

Help required, it becomes problem searching who has sent the mssg.

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India.Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1767
    10-10-13 04:34 PM
    WhatsApp isn't getting messages in the HUB or showing or playing any notifications for me on 10.1 either.
    Such a poor app, and yet the only cross platform chat app available that's half decent on other platforms.
    10-10-13 05:15 PM
    I love when developers give us straight up answers.. Seriously makes whatsapp look really good! There's no way we could ever get an answer from blackberry about a BBM issue. They rarely admit there's ever an issue. Even though Blackberry developers skim the pages of Crackerberry , I rarely see them chiming in on problems.

Thanks Mr whatsapp developer dude!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 05:15 PM
    Oh and since we have you here Mr whatsapp developer dude, you guys fixing this security issue that's floating around? Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 05:17 PM
    Do we have to do this every time we reboot??

I'm on Whatsapp version 2.11.66.2... do I need to downgrade...??

Please reply.

I think so. But it's not really hard and it works. At least for me and I will do it at night time when everyone else stops flooding the group chat.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 05:05 AM
    So on the official release of 10.2 this isn't working, stopping it through settings and restarting still won't send messages to the hub.
    Whatsapp, are you ever planning on updating this app? It's been quite a while now, I would have thought competition from BBM would spur improvements. I've paid for whatsapp and don't get any messages, it's not very good.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:43 PM
    As of right now, our latest release is 2.11.134. This was released a little over 3 weeks ago. This release includes a change where we no longer "give up" when the hub is still too busy for us 6+ minutes after device boot.

If you're still not getting notifications when its been 10-15 minutes after device boot, then please contact support from within the app so we get sent logs. (and feel free to PM me with the ticket number so I can directly look at those logs)

I realize that you'd like everything to initialize a bit more quickly. But with each BlackBerry 10 release, the hub itself seems to keep getting slower and slower to set itself up.
    11-22-13 04:23 PM
    As of right now, our latest release is 2.11.134. This was released a little over 3 weeks ago. This release includes a change where we no longer "give up" when the hub is still too busy for us 6+ minutes after device boot.

If you're still not getting notifications when its been 10-15 minutes after device boot, then please contact support from within the app so we get sent logs. (and feel free to PM me with the ticket number so I can directly look at those logs)

I realize that you'd like everything to initialize a bit more quickly. But with each BlackBerry 10 release, the hub itself seems to keep getting slower and slower to set itself up.
    Thanks so much for your help, just checked, I'm running the latest version, still no luck even long after hub boots. I've sent a request for support from within the app, I can see it sent logs, but I have no idea what the ticket number is to pm you as it's not in the subject of the sent mail.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:49 PM
33 12