Ever since i have the Z10 my data is going over the limit of my 6GB Shared data plan from Verizon!
    is there anything that will trigger this? if so how could i figure out what is eating up my data?
    its going faster than expected and no i am not watching any videos on youtube etc and still, if there is A way to figure it out please let me know ASAP but please dont give me the idea of going on Wifi or shutting my connection cuz this is not considered as a fix for my problem!
    and also if there is an app to see what is pulling my data please let me know!
    Thanks
    05-29-13 08:47 AM
    Wow that's alot of data. I have read in a few posts where consumption of data was high and the culprit was that of emails being sent repeatedly over and over.

You can start here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...charge-781030/ there are a few users reporting high data consumption and possible related causes..

Don't know of an app which would identify data usage based on what app or process is consuming the data, only the overall usage!
    05-29-13 08:54 AM
    I don't know of any way to see what app is sucking all your data away. What is installed on your device? Maybe we can troubleshoot it from that angle.
    05-29-13 08:55 AM
    I don't know of any way to see what app is sucking all your data away. What is installed on your device? Maybe we can troubleshoot it from that angle.
    You want i should start telling you every single app i have on my phone?
    05-29-13 09:01 AM
    Wow that's alot of data. I have read in a few posts where consumption of data was high and the culprit was that of emails being sent repeatedly over and over.

You can start here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...charge-781030/ there are a few users reporting high data consumption and possible related causes..

Don't know of an app which would identify data usage based on what app or process is consuming the data, only the overall usage!
    This doesnt sound to be the problem cuz when ever i send a email as far as i know its sent only once! or never
    05-29-13 09:02 AM
    Although this app doesn't tell you what is using your data, you can use it in conjunction with removing apps one by one to find the offending one(s).

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27566335

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-29-13 09:09 AM
    Although this app doesn't tell you what is using your data, you can use it in conjunction with removing apps one by one to find the offending one(s).

BlackBerry World - DataCheck Pro
    uninstalling apps i could do without installing a new app...
    05-29-13 10:45 AM
    check out my thread here for some comparison numbers and yes good suggestion by John to install this app and do some sleuthing on your own

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-yours-808032/
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-29-13 10:46 AM
    The things that I liked about that particular data app is the breakdown between WiFi / Mobile data usage and realtime data reporting.

05-29-13 10:58 AM
    For starters, when you aren't using apps, close them. Maybe you have facebook and some other apps open that constantly pull down updates.
    Next, connect to wifi whenever possible. I have wifi at home and at work, so never even go over 1 Gig of cellular data.
    Do you use your device as a hotspot. Your PC or other devices may be using data. Also, make sure you have security configured for the hotspot, so nobody gets a free ride on your plan.
    Ported android apps. Maybe somebody should chime in here with their experience and knowledge. I would recommend removing all ports, then add them one at a time, checking your data usage for a few days in between.
    Lastly, there are apps to can report your local data usage. Make sure Verizon is not having an accounting issue or computer glitch.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-29-13 10:59 AM
    For starters, when you aren't using apps, close them. Maybe you have facebook and some other apps open that constantly pull down updates.
    Next, connect to wifi whenever possible. I have wifi at home and at work, so never even go over 1 Gig of cellular data.
    Do you use your device as a hotspot. Your PC or other devices may be using data. Also, make sure you have security configured for the hotspot, so nobody gets a free ride on your plan.
    Ported android apps. Maybe somebody should chime in here with their experience and knowledge. I would recommend removing all ports, then add them one at a time, checking your data usage for a few days in between.
    Lastly, there are apps to can report your local data usage. Make sure Verizon is not having an accounting issue or computer glitch.
    well about VErizon computer glitch is that its almost impossible cuz i have this problem since i got my Z10 before then with my 9930 it never happened!
    i have just signed into twitter but i almost dont open the app to check the tweets, So does this still eat data?
    facebook and other social apps warnt even opened on my Z10.
    non of my apps that uses data is in active frame which means its closed and normally it doesnt eat data unless when i open them.
    about ported apps, i had 4 but i deleted 2 and stayed with 2 apps which is DropBox and SpeedTest!
    so now what could be the problem?
    i have installed that app and it says i have used already 91.5% of my data and 11 days remaining and dont forget its shared and hey most of the usage comes out from my phone and not someone else!
    05-29-13 11:25 AM
    well about VErizon computer glitch is that its almost impossible cuz i have this problem since i got my Z10 before then with my 9930 it never happened!
    i have just signed into twitter but i almost dont open the app to check the tweets, So does this still eat data?
    facebook and other social apps warnt even opened on my Z10.
    non of my apps that uses data is in active frame which means its closed and normally it doesnt eat data unless when i open them.
    about ported apps, i had 4 but i deleted 2 and stayed with 2 apps which is DropBox and SpeedTest!
    so now what could be the problem?
    i have installed that app and it says i have used already 91.5% of my data and 11 days remaining and dont forget its shared and hey most of the usage comes out from my phone and not someone else!
    Make sure you have your DropBox app set as per the FAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/82/en

Also the SpeedTest app has been reported to be a data hog:
    Speedtest.net is a data hog - MacRumors Forums
    05-29-13 11:48 AM
    Make sure you have your DropBox app set as per the FAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/82/en

Also the SpeedTest app has been reported to be a data hog:
    Speedtest.net is a data hog - MacRumors Forums
    I don't know what you mean it's a ported DropBox app how could I set it?

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    05-29-13 12:07 PM
    Just to add to this i had the z10 from day lne and never went over 1G data but sine my last whatsapp update my phone has gone thru 1G per day so i have now turn off my data plan and only use the phone on wifi. I have uninstalled tand rinstalled and also renove all apps and cant find why it doing this. I am about to just toss my z10 out.. nothi g changed but just did the whatsapp update. Just wanted to put it out thers aee if others have got the problem after doing thd update. So to get it clear nothi g chaged on my phone i would Round 1G prr mongh now if i turn my data on i gl thru it in lezz than one hour.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:03 PM
    Do you use Box or Dropbox?
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-29-13 01:06 PM
    Do you use Box or Dropbox?
    Yes I use both

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    05-29-13 01:21 PM
    Care to check if they automatically sync over the mobile network?
    05-29-13 01:27 PM
    Yes I use both

Thats your problem, make sure you have it set to sync mannualy. I had the same problem, but i set it to sync manualy and switch to wifi when i need to sync. I was syncing over 2gs of stuff and burnt through my data in the first week of the month -.-
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-29-13 01:30 PM
    I don't know what you mean it's a ported DropBox app how could I set it?

Wait, you are using a sideloaded Dropbox when DB is baked into the OS? May I ask what benefits you get from doing that? I love the fact I go into file manager and DB is there, as well I can pull videos or music right from the DB baked right into the OS and it syncs my music/pics right away without opening an app.
    Kendall Oei likes this.
    05-29-13 01:37 PM
    Wait, you are using a sideloaded Dropbox when DB is baked into the OS? May I ask what benefits you get from doing that? I love the fact I go into file manager and DB is there, as well I can pull videos or music right from the DB baked right into the OS and it syncs my music/pics right away without opening an app.
    Sharing a link is one of the many reasons

05-29-13 05:59 PM
    Thats your problem, make sure you have it set to sync mannualy. I had the same problem, but i set it to sync manualy and switch to wifi when i need to sync. I was syncing over 2gs of stuff and burnt through my data in the first week of the month -.-
    It's not set to sync automatically

05-29-13 06:02 PM
    Care to check if they automatically sync over the mobile network?
    It's not set to sync automatically

05-29-13 06:02 PM