- CrackBerry Newbie
- 9 Posts
what's the difference between BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha?
I saw that there are 2 types of BB10 z10 so what's the difference between BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha?
and are they both available anywhere or they are special editions?
- 02-09-2013, 01:18 AM #3
Dev Alpha A and B where devices given for to developer, non comercial devices with the sole purpose of develeping testing apps and are limited when it comes some specs, it runs in a developers only version of BlackBerry 10, some of the apps and functions that you get with the Z10 are not available in the Dev Alpha , the Z10 is the consumer device that you can buy and runs full BlackBerry 10 OS, available in Canada and UK at the moment.Before BB10 = BIS sucks! - After BB10 = BIS is the greatest thing BlackBerry ever had
Before BB10 = BlackBerry OS sucks! - After BB10 = Bring back BBOS.
Why can't we make our minds up?
- CrackBerry Addict
02-09-2013, 01:23 AM #4
- 532 Posts
.... well the fact it's called a "Dev Alpha" kind of gives away the purpose for which it was intended.
The Dev Alpha is a prototype phone, which (until recently) ran an incomplete version of the operating system called BlackBerry 10.
Dev Alphas are not legally allowed to be sold, for the simple fact that they were never technically owned by the people who had them. They were always owned by RIM (now BlackBerry).
BlackBerry [the company] will be replacing all the Dev Alphas for shinny red Z10s.
- By buddhasystem in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:01 PM
- By alvinharsono in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 12Last Post: 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
- By vixen0815 in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
- By rousea24 in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 8Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
- By wannabecrack in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2008, 08:51 PM