I was reading about the Z10, and how an OP was stating it is old hardware: 2012 spec or earlier.
    So what would u do..... what would you change to make it better?
    Anyone complaining about the specs of the Z10, other than the screen size which is totally a subjective item, doesn't have a clue what tech is available right now and how you can run a business with what is available. If the leaks are true, the Z uses the most powerful processor available in high volume with the dual core S4 (sorry but Quad Core S4 isn't available in quantities enough for your only device launch, look at Nexus 4 shortages). If they went with a quad core S4 then they wouldn't be able to have a lot of devices available at launch due to chip shortages. Sorry there is no mythical processor available right now that is better and OMAP 5 and Tegra 4 processors won't be available till sometime later in year. Screen has highest PPI screen with the exception of some of the newer 1080 large screen devices, but will still display content at 1080 just fine on a larger screen via HDMI, and likely DLNA. It has 2GB of RAM, and I haven't seen a phone with more. 8MP rear camera is going to work great for large prints and record HD video just fine, and a more mature 8MP sensor is probably going to be better quality than a less mature 13MP sensor.

So again, where is this device lacking compared to high volume, high end competition phones available?
    redk likes this.
    01-03-13 05:12 PM
    My question for those who think specs are the end all be all, when a new Android is released (ahum...Droid DNA) with superior hardware, why don't sales of all other Androids immediately cease, and the superior device become the only one purchased?

Just curious,...... carry on.....
    jakie55 and redk like this.
    01-03-13 07:40 PM
    The touch version should be the T10 and the keyboard version should be the K10.

"z" and "x" are arbitrary and lazy. Worse yet nobody knows whether to say "zee" or "zed". Not the time to be making high school level mistakes, RIM.
    Duh - they are beta code names, meant to be arbitrary and mean nothing, to be replaced with market brands and names on each they go into production....
    01-06-13 09:33 AM
    the name .
    Meh - I think the name really doesn't matter that much.

I was sure that the Nintendo Wii wouldn't sell because of the inevitable "stop playing with your Wii" jokes. I thought iPad and iPad Mini sounded like something your gf or wife politely asks you to buy her from the drug store.

Yet those all sold many, many millions
    01-07-13 11:36 AM
    I was reading about the Z10, and how an OP was stating it is old hardware: 2012 spec or earlier.
    So what would u do..... what would you change to make it better?
    That other thread got a lot of the hardware wrong. According to BB.IN, we're looking at 2GB RAM, OMAP 4470 for markets outside NA, and a high-end Snapdragon dual-core for NA. Perfectly reasonable for an upper-midrange phone, which the Z10 is.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-07-13 11:45 AM
    The name and no branding on the face. Save for a small detail regarding the battery door, I don't see anything else to take issue with.
    01-09-13 08:55 PM
    Nothing because it hasn't been released yet...
    01-09-13 09:40 PM
    native parachute & fireworks...
    01-09-13 09:59 PM
    They just need to change the name, it sounds so cheesy. Like I need to grow a mullet, listen to SkidRow while driving an IROC Z Camaro! Anything would have been better, BB10 touch, BB10 QNX1, BB10 mother$?@+ing iPhone killer! The point is z10 sounds ridiculous.

Not going to stop me from getting one, l'll just have to rename my phone and call it Ichigo!
    01-09-13 10:07 PM
    They just need to change the name, it sounds so cheesy. Like I need to grow a mullet, listen to SkidRow while driving an IROC Z Camaro! Anything would have been better, BB10 touch, BB10 QNX1, BB10 mother$?@+ing iPhone killer! The point is z10 sounds ridiculous.

Not going to stop me from getting one, l'll just have to rename my phone and call it Ichigo!
    I agree, and don't care for the name much either but will surely buy one.
    01-09-13 11:11 PM
    would love to see a z10 with Sharp's new display technology IGZO IGZO
    04-28-13 06:34 PM
36 12