Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What is the vibe in the US regarding Z10?

Please write your city/state and share if people are excited about the Z10/Q10.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Frederick, MD.... And it's non-existent. I posted the comments below on a related thread:

"You got lucky. I went to Best Buy hoping to finally try one, but all the associate could give me was a dummy demo phone. There was no signage or a spot for it, and he didn't even know the price (I guess they don't spend time perusing their website--- can't blame them).

Went to a VZW corporate store (I'm a VZW customer), saw that same sign, but when I asked the 'greeter, he said they did not have any demo units, and he didn't know when the devices would be in or the pre-orders would ship (guess he also does not view his company's site).

Finally stopped at a small-ish AT&T store, and they had nothing they could show me. Again one guy didn't know when they would be available and the other thought, maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Needless to say... I returned home feeling a tad bit sad at the uniform lack of awareness. :/"

Probably not the best location to serve as an indicator.... Or at least I hope it isn't...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,186 Global Posts

NYC. . .People aren't necessarily "excited" . . .I'm just happy people know about it without hearing it from me! I'd say people are "optimistically curious" but that just my small circle of influence. . .
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f

Much like Afro above here in NYC there isn't much, if any, buzz going around. My friends keep giving me **** for being a "bb loyalist". I know they'll back off once they see the Z10. Some people are interested but tons of people I know have iPhones and that it. I bought my 4s knowing that it would be a placeholder until my bb10 phone arrived... it just took a few months longer then I thought! My Curve still gives me my BB fix for work though.

I can't wait till the 28th and can show off the new hardware.

I changed my Facebook cover art to a BB10 image and captioned it "the king has returned to reclaim the throne". Gotta do what we can for the brand!!
    Thanked by:
    R Field (03-20-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

I'm in NYC as well and did some checks at Best Buy and AT&T the last few days. All reported a lot of people calling about the Z10, so the interest is definitely there - we just don't see it because well, this is a huge city and there's more going on than just a cell phone.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

I live in Michigan and I have been to a couple of T-mobile stores and I have showed my z10 to the sales folks there and there is excitement about the new Blackberry. The main issue here is these carriers here are dragging their feet getting the z10 launched and are not providing any information to the stores. You have to realize that Google and Apple have changed the way people think here about smart phones and have the resources to back it up.

These are no longer just devices to get your emails and contacts. They have become your laptop, tv and social hub. Forget about how things where 2-3 years ago, this is 2013 and the market has changed, I just hope that Blackberry can adapt quickly enough. I have stressed in my many post on the CB z10 forums, the app availability is going to be crucial here, I do not mean to offend any of the BB fateful, but going to websites using the browser and side loading apps is NOT an option.

The application pedestal has been set here in the USA by the big two and has been embedded into the smart phone culture here. Goto any store here i.e. best buy, t-mobile, at&t or wal-mart and try to introduce a new smart phone to a customer, the first question out of his/her mouth is going to be, does this phone have the apps I use on my iPhone or Android device? You tell me how to answer the question? Thats just the way it is, like it or not.

PS; I really wish some of the "core" apps i.e. eBay, Navigation & Banking would show up in the BB world 'before" the official launch so the folks who have received their business z10 phones could show it to future customers which would really be a boost for the official consumer z10 launch day. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-21-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

I've gone to quite a few places and I've noticed that there is more excitement about my phone than there is prep and information from most employees
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lol they have sold out of handsets OR they don't even know what it is, what's going on over there

Posted via CB10
    I don't drink anymore.......... or any less, "double scotch on the rocks please"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

I'm in a small city in South Jersey...I've called Best Buys in the area..people have been preordering the phone..i haven't seen any signing or anything at any of the locations. Even stopped by the at&t store..no signs..no test unit. I asked about the phone and they knew about it. They didn't attempt to sell me one though.

I'd say there's a quiet hum about the phone, but people won't be lining up to grab one.
    Z30 Owner...it's about time
    Twitter: @ToyaKnowsBest
    Instagram: @ToyaKnowsBest
    BBM Channel: C000CE90E

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask

Told my friend to check out the Z10. So she went to a Verizon store and was told not to buy it because it lacked apps. Seriously how many fart apps does everyone need?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 19GhostRider71 View Post
    Told my friend to check out the Z10. So she went to a Verizon store and was told not to buy it because it lacked apps. Seriously how many fart apps does everyone need?
    It's NOT about the fart apps, it's about the CORE apps. Folks here in the USA are a different market and have been seduced by the big two with apps that save them time in their everyday task. That's just the way it is here. They are also not willing to change to system when they have invested allot on money into their current platform unless their is a "wow" factor.

It will take a while and once the z10 is put into the hands of folks who understand it's real value, things will change. I know I have since I have bought mine, I just keep spreading the word and most of the folks I have showed my new z10 to, get it.
    Wayne Hessel likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by 19GhostRider71 View Post
    I dont have one fart app on my iPhone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Chattanooga, TN - people have at least heard of it. Don't think they are going to rush out and buy it, but I will be letting everybody that I know try it.
    Visit my contemporary glamour photography channel ~ C0011B779
    Do not wait until all the conditions are perfect for you to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.~ Alan Cohen
    CrackBerry User

Don't forget that most BB people don't care about apps as much as isheep and Android users. If we did, we would have ditched the platform years ago. Dude, not everybody cares about apps. I am a pretty sharp guy and have about 6 apps on my new Z10 that I have had since January 30th. I don't need a million available apps, I am a business person, not a teenage girl.
    jrdba likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Tampa, FL. A lot of excitement here. Well for the company I keep.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

I was at a store in Charleston sc at 9 am and bought 2 and 1 guy came in and bought 1 also. There was a small sign over the blackberry and I phone 4 that said something about it being smooth. Everybody I showed it to likes it but never heard of it

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Do you think the vibe is SLOWLY turning positive?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

Germantown, Md, mixed reactions. Stores are Ok although my corporate store did not have any live units
    Showed it to one of our E.R docs and she was impressed. Friend on iOs liked it,impressed with the design but just got a 2 year contract with Sprint. Another friend with an older Curve is holding out for the Q10....

Posted via CB10
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Mid sized town in TX everyone I have showed had been impressed. At our best buy, Verizon, and AT&T all of the sales associates have been very excited about the new blackberry. All of our local Verizon employees went to a training on the z10 and several are now using the z10. Most places have sold several units but no sell outs.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Amarillo, TX - My neighborhood AT&T store had sold some at launch, including mine, but none of the associates were carrying one (Mostly Android loyalists), and I have not seen another in the wild.

The biggest problem is perception, and prior to the Zed, even I was guilty of perpetuating that among my peers and coworkers. I'm the tech guy, and I told people the same things the media says: BlackBerry is circling the drain and they could not compete with modern smartphones. The only way to change this perception is to evangelize.

I'm at two weeks, which is roughly my average for owning any phone, and I have no intention of switching. If my mind can be changed, then so can the average consumer's.

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Chicago, IL

Depends on which part of the city you're at. In Hyde Park, there's actually considerable buzz at the carrier stores. I've noticed that a lot of employees really like the phone, which is good. The problem is that in the northern parts of the city (Lincoln Park, especially) there is no buzz at all. I find that a little weird because that's where I saw those BB experience trucks or whatever parked.
    CrackBerry Addict

Boise, ID and the vibe is good here but small. I spread the word to whoever I can and show the phone off whenever I can. I think it will be slow but definitely pickup as far as excitement goes.

Posted via CB10
    FLIDOW
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,044 Global Posts

Virginia just outside Washington, DC. The vibe is nonexistent. Those very few who know about in my circle of acquaintances know because I told them. There is zero interest in it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

Phoenix AZ, T-Mobile rep was excited about it and they had just gotten back from training. T-Mobile has outsourced their stores here in North Phoenix, and most reps are young and don't get the latest phones because they can't afford them. That makes them a lot less knowledgeable about the latest phones. The last store I visited, there was a rep that asked if I currently had a blackberry and said that they really weren't into them. That was kinda negative, but the positive side is that I bought their last Z10.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by venious; 04-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

Charleston, WV and there is no vibe for the Z10 or BlackBerry in general. Most people I see with a phone are typically using iOS or android devices. As for me, I proudly display my Z10 every chance I get.

Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast