Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What 'surprise' feature would you like to see?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • PayPass style NFC payment capability (Visa/Mastercard compatible).

11 34.38%
  • Proximity based screen sharing, file sharing capabilities between devices.

14 43.75%
  • True global LTE (single model compatible with all global LTE bands).

8 25.00%
  • Group video calling through BBM.

14 43.75%
  • Full voice command system (rival to Siri).

10 31.25%
  • A keyboard case accessory similar to Microsoft's touchcover for Surface.

4 12.50%
  • Microsoft Office native on device.

11 34.38%
  • DNLA/WiDi or similar wireless TV connection (stream video direct to TV).

11 34.38%
  • Exclusive launch games (Angry Birds special edition etc).

13 40.63%
  • Something else? (Leave a comment!).

7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cfx_will
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What surprises are you hoping to see for BB10 launch?

Ok guys, let your minds run wild. What surprises would you LOVE to see for BB10 launch.

Consider it a dreamy wish list. We probably won't see many of these at all, but hey! We can dream!

If you think of something that's not on the list, mention in the comments!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE0379B

a surprise that would surprise people, aka something we didnt think about, or never heard about
    BB Q10 / BB Z10 / BB P'9981 / BB Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Something that really makes BB10 stand out like no other phone remotely come close to having. The Time Warp function is cool but its not necessity. people can always get by with take another picture. Besides, I'm still worried for the quality of BB10's camera compared to Iphone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC and Sony. which all have quite amazing Cameras.
    AT_Nepal likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by cfx_will View Post
    Something that really makes BB10 stand out like no other phone remotely come close to having. The Time Warp function is cool but its not necessity. people can always get by with take another picture. Besides, I'm still worried for the quality of BB10's camera compared to Iphone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC and Sony. which all have quite amazing Cameras.
    Maybe you don't have your cam set up correctly. I have a 9850 and most of my friends have iphones. The quality of the pics I take compared to their pics with their iphones, blows them out the water, and I don't have any pic apps running or anything. Stock camera. I was just curious, because actually I hear this a lot
    CrackBerry User

I want something that will really blow competition out of the water, and be a revolution. I really want BB to succeed (I have stocks

Here are the MUST haves:
    a. amazing camera with great night-time photos
    b. great apps and eco-system, and most importantly: exclusive apps
    c. new random technology that has no true functionality but shows that they are innovating (like completely useless Siri, or augmented reality)
    d. Some cool useful features, like 920's screen that you can use with gloves
    e. One GROUND-breaking feature that will set the world on fire: like some mini-projector or something like that built into it.

Here are the Good to have:
    . not scratchable, and very durable
    . Syncing and communication with QNX in cars: like starting your car with your phone (without purchasing anything extra).

I understand the intuitive UI and everything with no buttons, but really bb has got to think out of the box here! all the best RIM!

Global Posts
    19,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by DJM626 View Post
    Maybe you don't have your cam set up correctly. I have a 9850 and most of my friends have iphones. The quality of the pics I take compared to their pics with their iphones, blows them out the water, and I don't have any pic apps running or anything. Stock camera. I was just curious, because actually I hear this a lot
    I think it's your friends with old iPhone devices or they aren't good at taking pics, because I have and use all devices, including an LG Optimus G (Sprint version, 13mp... which I know doesn't mean it's a good camera) and the quality looks better than the 9850. Yes, I've had the 9930 and 9850 as well.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback

Global Posts
    19,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

The loading clock =P

I'm hoping to see everything I enjoy from all the platforms I use, BlackBerry, iOS, Android, WP and WebOS.

Surprise... launch of BBM on all platforms. Of course it doesn't have to be as full in features as the BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry Master

Maybe I just have a good 9850 because it smokes most of my friends iphone 4S. Don't know how it would do up against a 5 but people are amazed at the quality of my pics on my phone compared to theirs. Then again, it's all subjective to what one considers good. I know it would not outperform a device with a 13 mega pixel cam of course but to me it's better then the iphone 4's that I have seen. This is just my opinion.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AT_Nepal View Post
    I want something that will really blow competition out of the water, and be a revolution. I really want BB to succeed (I have stocks

Here are the MUST haves:
    c. new random technology that has no true functionality but shows that they are innovating (like completely useless Siri, or augmented reality)
    e. One GROUND-breaking feature that will set the world on fire: like some mini-projector or something like that built into it.

Here are the Good to have:
    . not scratchable, and very durable
    . Syncing and communication with QNX in cars: like starting your car with your phone (without purchasing anything extra).

I understand the intuitive UI and everything with no buttons, but really bb has got to think out of the box here! all the best RIM!
    Let me answer this:
    You mean with low light capability for the camera right? On London, you can take a picture at club, and you can see from the picture, which part of room is heavy smoke, moderate, even clear one.

When you get BB10, what I found in London, you get full version of Doc To Go (create, edit, view .docx, xlsx, ppt). Adobe reader, Story Maker (makes your pictures comes to HD Video with backsound in it). At Music and Video, you can get connected to your PC by using BlackberryLink (same as iTunes Does) (that's too bad, since BlackberryLink page is taken down by RIM right now, perhaps it will be alive again when Jan 30). Facebook, twitter, linkedin, foursquare already build in London even integrated on Hub.

There is a Voice Control, not like SIRI, but perhaps it can be modified or enhanced as SIRI.

I don't know what you mean. But I think and feel, that all features at Blackberry 10 makes my daily life will be more simple than before.

DLNA? I don't know. But maybe on the next generation of Blackberry 10
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    Thanked by:
    AT_Nepal (12-05-2012)