We are all in the same boat: Loving the Z10, but needing something up-to-date. Suggestions please?!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:56 AM
    I dunno, a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:58 AM
    I'm not interested in paying money for an older device, when I can get so many devices free/less expensive with a new contract. I've been with BlackBerry forever, but am willing to take a break until they release something new AND up-to-date.

The question is what to get...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:01 AM
    New full touch BlackBerry or up to date BlackBerry, pick one.

I went for the second and got a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    05-27-15 02:02 AM
    For now go to android. When slider releases buy it...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:15 AM
    I'm not interested in paying money for an older device, when I can get so many devices free/less expensive with a new contract. I've been with BlackBerry forever, but am willing to take a break until they release something new AND up-to-date.

The question is what to get...

Posted via CB10
    You can get the Z30 for around $200 off contract. It is a noticeable upgrade in performance over the Z10 and has very nice build quality. It has a larger screen and is only slightly larger in size compared to the Z10.

Standout features include stereo speakers, paratek antenna, faster processor, at least a full day of battery life, and a nice display. While it is an "old" device. It's still competitive with the 10.3.1 OS.

Not to mention that carriers will discount you $15-$25/month for bringing your own device. I get $15 off every month on AT&T. If you have a higher data plan you get more.

If you want something new and up to date get the Passport. It is a beast. Not much more to say other than it is the best device on the market in my opinion. I use both the Passport and the Z30.

If you want to leave BlackBerry 10 get a GS6/Edge. I find it cheap feeling similar to the iPhone 6. Personally, if all of the sudden my BlackBerry devices shut off and BlackBerry closed shop I'd wait and get the GS6 Active as it will likely have a more solid build which I am used to with BlackBerry and I believe a better battery as well as being waterproof (to an extent). Wouldn't appreciate the lack of any privacy or security, but you asked and I answered.

There's your best three options.

All my opinion of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:28 AM
    S6 or lg g4 or iPhone 6 or wait another year

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:30 AM
    Wow, thanks for all that info!

Decisions, decisions...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:36 AM
    I had the exact same problem about my Z10. Didn't wanna get a Z30 simply because it was old, but I did just a week ago and I have no regrets at all.

It's insanely cheap for a quality smartphone so I don't see much of a consequence if you don't like it.

Either way, I haven't seen any news about an all-touch BlackBerry device outperforming the Z30 any time soon.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.1.2558
    lift, devin266 and engmessam like this.
    05-27-15 07:59 AM
    I went from a Z10 to a Q10 and now I no longer like pure touch screens. xD
    05-27-15 09:26 AM
    Z30, Leap. There are two phones for these people. Or just do like many of us did and get a passport!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 09:43 AM
    We are all in the same boat: Loving the Z10, but needing something up-to-date. Suggestions please?!

Posted via CB10
    I dunno, i think an updated OS on the Z10 is perfectly up to date. If you dont mind a slightly heftier phone the Z30 is pretty nice.
    05-27-15 09:19 PM
    An LG G4.
    05-27-15 09:32 PM
    For me, the Z30 is just too bland and dull looking compared to the Z10. Plus, I'm on AT&T and the Z30 doesn't have all of AT&Ts LTE bands that are used in my area.

And, the Leap is a step back in actual provided hardware and nearly the same performance-wise. Besides, I use the speakerphone aspect a lot, and having the speaker on the back where it's covered most of the time that I'd use it is just absolutely idiotic... what moron at BlackBerry/Foxconn thought that was a good idea?

I'm sticking with my Z10 for as long as I can stand it; and, so far, it's still working for me.

I'll keep an eye on the slider when it comes out. That could be my next phone should it turn out as nice and well made as I hope. It doesn't have to be super thin - the iPhone 6 is way too thin for my comfort. So something a bit thicker than that is okay with me.

Otherwise, I'll be looking at a Windows phone in about a years time.

I don't want to be stalked by Google's ads or stuck with their email, and I don't believe in Apple's corporate philosophy towards their customers.

Posted via CB10
    lift, Strikkie and fadi.alsaidi like this.
    05-27-15 09:54 PM
    The Nexus 4 on 5.1.1 runs great, which is technically old hardware but with the latest software. Also, the Lumia 640 (the sub-100 Walmart phone) looks like a decent way to see what WP has to offer without breaking the bank; and when you do replace it with another Berry, it can be a great GPS device with offline Here Maps.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    05-28-15 02:27 AM
    Another one?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:02 AM
    The Z10 is actually a top mobile phone which was at first sold at a high price

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:33 PM
    ... and which was only taken down because BlackBerry was in trouble. The Z10 has some features which not every BlackBerry has. For instance NFC, HDMI-socket and one or two other. So don't assess it too low. I like it. It is very "handy" and fits into all of my pockets very easily.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:38 PM
    I'm keeping my Z10

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche, tjseaman and Powdah like this.
    05-28-15 04:19 PM
    Uh.. yep

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-28-15 08:34 PM
    I guess I'm in a different boat. Z10 still works great for me, just loaded 10.3.2.680.

What benefit would I get from spending $$$ for an "up-to-date phone" other than the perception strangers might have when they see me holding it?
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 05-28-15 at 08:51 PM.
    ominaxe likes this.
    05-28-15 08:39 PM
    I love my z, but i am about let go...

I've been with bb for well over a decade and I have come to realization that it will never be same. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Where are my OS upgrades? Where is bbm money? Where are my banking apps? Where do I fit into the "new" business plan?

The plain truth is, we here in the states, don't fit into it. Otherwise we wouldn't be over two years in with no viable options.

The model of making phones that nobody wants and then make lesser versions of them for "emerging markets", is clearly not going to keep those of us still here, here. A slider? Really?

And please do not come at me with this notion that are targeting business people. I own my own business and every day I am falling further and further behind other platforms. Corporate people are not the same as business people. I need quick books and other tools at my disposal and i really need them to reliable, not transfered and tricked into thinking they are on a native device.

As for the security comment; unless you are paying for enterprise, you are fooling yourself into thinking your phone is any more secure than other phones.

Ok, I'm done for now.

Frustrated BlackBerry hanger-on-er.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:00 PM
    Hello,

I will keep my Z10 until something new comes out. I know the Z30 is a great device but I'm not crazy about the design. The Leap is basically a Z10 with better battery and I almost bought it but change my mind.
    I'm not a fan of the slider so in my case I think I will have to wait a little longer for something to replace my Z10.
    Perfect device for me would be a Z10 with better processor and battery. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Best regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2744/CB10
    meltbox360 likes this.
    05-28-15 09:47 PM
    I have a Z10 as well. But I love the damn device too much to give it up for something else right now including a Z30. Need a very crisp looking screen like my Z10. Waiting for the slider and will make a decision then. Specs are looking pretty sick on that baby. Until then I'm willing to wait, my Z10 has served me well.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    05-28-15 09:55 PM
    The Z10 is actually a top mobile phone which was at first sold at a high price

Posted via CB10
    "Top" by price, nit by reliability, it's way too much unreliable now at least for me(stl 01)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:03 PM
58 123