I had never seriously considered the Z30 because it was just so close to the Z10... is the performance difference really that noticeable?

I am so very temped to get the passport, but for those that say size doesn't matter, or that you get used to it..... size matters..... being able to fit a phone in your jean pocket, matters.
    09-26-15 11:06 AM
    I need a new phone. My z10 is on it's last wheels.

I need BB10... I don't want Android. I don't like android, and frankly if I was going to get Android, I would have just gotten it a while back. It sucks at this point to have remained loyal to Blackberry.

So now I've been waiting for this damn phone to be released so I can finally upgrade, and there isn't a BB10 option.... this is pretty much the worst news ever.

I need a new phone, and have no options to upgrade to because they haven't bothered making anything to upgrade over the Z10.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? I need a new phone. What do I get?

Do we have ANY IDEA if Blackberry is releasing a flagship phone with BB10 in the coming months? (something that will fit in my pocket and isn't huge like the passport)
    I agree except I don't have any regret in remaining loyal to BlackBerry. I've had the only real smart phone since 2007. No regrets at all. Best OS. Best Hardware.
    09-26-15 11:13 AM
    Ultimately, the choice of of platform is up to you. I have been using a variant of Blackberry since 2001 ( I believe a 7100t was my first Blackberry). I have used Apple and variants of Android over the years, but find that Blackberry best suits my needs for communication and productivity. On my current device I have added the popular apps that were missing from the Blackberry offerings and am very satisfied with my choice of device and platform. It works for my needs, and I really don't care if folks continue to say "Blackberry still makes phones? " . When I show them why I made this device my choice ( features, hub, android apps, battery life) they have no response other than "that's pretty cool".

There is not a perfect mobile OS at this point, but for me BB10 is pretty close. Has Blackberry struggled over the past few years? Absolutely, but it is moving in the right direction regardless of what the Priv and Android means for the company. Blackberry owners tend to keep their devices longer than other platforms. This is another part of the evolution. Let's hope that by offering the Android Ecosystem along with some of the great features of BB10, enough revenue is generated to keep the BB10 OS current and viable.

Choose your device and platform based on your needs. I love my Passport. All the thrashing and gnashing of teeth over the potential future of BB10 is totally out of my control.

Passport. It will take you places.
    09-26-15 11:54 AM
    @ jhimmel

1. VERY limited options.
    -A z30 which is already outdated
    -A classic/q10, which has a tiny screen
    -A Leap.... which is just a re-packaged and re-released Z10
    -A passport... which is HUGE

I am tempted to get the passport, but it is so huge.

I have to say todays news made me consider moving to another platform for the 1st time.
    Dude, those are the choices. Pick one if you want to continue using BB10, or move on. It is that simple.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 12:13 PM
    I had never seriously considered the Z30 because it was just so close to the Z10... is the performance difference really that noticeable?

I am so very temped to get the passport, but for those that say size doesn't matter, or that you get used to it..... size matters..... being able to fit a phone in your jean pocket, matters.
    Yes the performance difference is noticeable... top end dual core while Z10 was midrange. You also get better battery life and amazing speakers.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-26-15 12:15 PM
    Dude, those are the choices. Pick one if you want to continue using BB10, or move on. It is that simple.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's what I tried to tell him. The drama is pointless.
    09-26-15 12:49 PM
    Choose your device and platform based on your needs. I love my Passport. All the thrashing and gnashing of teeth over the potential future of BB10 is totally out of my control.

I totally agree with everything you said. I laugh when people question my choice to have a blackberry and then see what my blackberry can do.

I agree that BB10 is pretty close to perfect.... WHICH IS WHY I want to continue using BB10 and I am frustrated by my lack of choices.
    09-26-15 04:04 PM
32 12