So, sitting here in the airport waiting for my flight. Reading Crackberry, WSJ on the browser, my times most emailed, bombing my bro who is in another country, doing my corporate email....

Three iPhone users around me to the left and the right :

1. Some jewel game
    2. Another writing an AOL with one finger, hunting and pecking.
    3. Instagram and texting

Android guy across the way playing some shoot Em up game so loud the whole place can hear him.

When you see I phones what are they doing?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 10:21 AM

When you see I phones what are they doing?

Posted via CB10
    Still waiting for my Z10, but while I'm still on my Bold, I could care less.

But they're probably researching the Z10.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 03-04-13 at 11:13 AM.
    R Field, DarkOwnage and lcgoldman like this.
    03-04-13 10:25 AM
    to play devils advocate: maybe theyre about to go on holiday/coming back from it/going on a trip to see friends or family - something social/break and dont want to be writing out emails or work in their spare time

why are they being looked down upon for doing something relaxing or social? i bet you would sometimes browse instagram or another media site on the go or have a quick game of something if you were bored as would most people

and why isnt the android guy being picked on as "what are these unproductive people doing?" (how the thread reads)

im not a blackberry hater as people would assume from my low post count (been here a while) but its annoying to see people start threads along the lines of looking down on another platform and assuming thats how someone always manages their phone and work in their spare time
    03-04-13 10:29 AM
    Most are glued to 4pics1word game..... At least until they finish it.

Looks like a fun app...okay it is fun, play it on the kids 5's.
    03-04-13 10:30 AM
    Folks, not looking down on them. We want lots of games, social media, etc on our BB10 devices too.

What I am trying to find out, is what is so special about these other platforms that everyone says BlackBerry has no chance.

From what I see - nothing. That is the point.

Apple has the media and the pundits mesmerized. They got nothing special anymore. BlackBerry is as viable as anything else. BB needs awareness and positive sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    AbsoluteT23 and wasabiGT like this.
    03-04-13 10:52 AM
    Most are glued to 4pics1word game..... At least until they finish it.

Looks like a fun app...okay it is fun, play it on the kids 5's.
    4P1W also runs very well sideloaded on the PB.
    03-04-13 10:55 AM
    Dunno..... I usually see them typing or looking or playing something. I don't think you can paint other platforms users as non work folks. Most of the guys I work with use iPhone, so I know they spend a significant amount of time sending emails and text messages.... I also know half of them hate typing on their iPhone as well thou. LOL (just wanted to throw that last part in as I smile the whole time typing this post )

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-04-13 10:59 AM
    Ok, I will play. My primary phone is currently an iPhone 5. I am constantly traveling for work. At airport now. Facetime'd with my daughter before she left for school, watched an episode of "The Walking Dead", did a review of my weekly tasks (using Omnifocus), and now I'm playing Real Racing 3. I also carry a Nexus 4, but dont really love it. Will also be trying the Z10 when available.
    03-04-13 11:00 AM
    They definitely aren't waiting for the phone to boot up after a battery pull
    Alzaeem_502 likes this.
    03-04-13 11:00 AM
    Looks like he never did the update

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:08 AM
    How can one do so many things with such a battery life? I get about 10 minutes of fun at the airport with my Z10 before I have to plug in the spare battery. None at the end of the day as both batteries are flat.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:13 AM
    Sounds to me like the iPhone users already got their work done and are just playing games.
    03-04-13 11:13 AM
    Folks, not looking down on them. We want lots of games, social media, etc on our BB10 devices too.

What I am trying to find out, is what is so special about these other platforms that everyone says BlackBerry has no chance.

From what I see - nothing. That is the point.

Apple has the media and the pundits mesmerized. They got nothing special anymore. BlackBerry is as viable as anything else. BB needs awareness and positive sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    There isn't anything special, the iOS is easy and efficient for everyone. I have had an iPhone and it was not a bad thing but the phone felt souless and was a app player in my eyes. I wanted my go to device, my trusted device. I wanted my BlackBerry back.

People are comfortable with their os. Its easy. They have the old BlackBerryin their heads. They cannot accept the challenge of the new face and experience that is BlackBerry 10
    03-04-13 11:17 AM
    There isn't anything special, the iOS is easy and efficient for everyone. I have had an iPhone and it was not a bad thing but the phone felt souless and was a app player in my eyes. I wanted my go to device, my trusted device. I wanted my BlackBerry back.

People are comfortable with their os. Its easy. They have the old BlackBerryin their heads. They cannot accept the challenge of the new face and experience that is BlackBerry 10
    yes, iOS is basically an app switcher, but the quality of the apps is extremely high. I often find myself using iOS apps over using a similar desktop app (or website). For example, I now do all my banking on my iPhone (the experience is just better for me than using the website on my laptop). While the BB10 OS might be great for multitasking and app switching, if there are few good apps to use, there is very little reason to use the device.
    03-04-13 11:32 AM
    How can one do so many things with such a battery life? I get about 10 minutes of fun at the airport with my Z10 before I have to plug in the spare battery. None at the end of the day as both batteries are flat.

Posted via CB10
    Best take that back and get a new Battery. Mine last allllll day with strong usage.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    03-04-13 11:52 AM
    iPhone users around me do... a variety of things. The one thing I see them do more often than owners of other phones is cry about how they're low on battery and don't have a spare charger, while us BB/Android/WP folks smugly grin as we have access to very cheap micro USB cables.

I used to observe that iPhone users played the most games, but since Android 4.0 and its improved hardware acceleration released, I think Android users play just as many games too.
    03-04-13 11:56 AM
    Currently have a guy on his S3 to my left, 4S to my right

Stock Market trading on the S3
    Some bubble popping game on the 4S

And here I am playing chimpact and attracting their peripheral visions

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 12:02 PM
    Best take that back and get a new Battery. Mine last allllll day with strong usage.
    I already have a second one. No better.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 12:30 PM
    Still waiting for my Z10, but while I'm still on my Bold, I could care less.

But they're probably researching the Z10.
    MTS?
    03-04-13 12:34 PM
    MTS?
    Yup. Waited 16 years for our Jets. Hope I don't have to wait as long for the Z10.
    03-04-13 12:46 PM
    With my iPhones, I'm doing the same than on my BlackBerries: phoning, sms, mms, emails, web browsing

but also (because BB app are not existing or not good):
    - SSH management of my servers
    - remote managing (e.g. VNC) for demonstration on some client computer
    - Plex server remote

and (because not possible under BB)
    - VPN access (only device compatible with L2TP)
    - mail, CalDAV, CardDAV with OpenDirectory database via kerberos identification

CU
    jdhooghe likes this.
    03-04-13 01:08 PM
    Well if its me, I'm probably playing Ski Safari or Words / Scramble with friends.. because they don't exist on the Z10
    03-04-13 01:10 PM
    Really does not matter "what" anyone does on whatever smartphone... as long as it is working for them... who are we to judge????
    jdhooghe and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-04-13 01:14 PM
    They are probably using apps that BB won't have. I wish that one day apps can just be worldwide and available on every platform from the moment of their conception and release. I also wish for world peace. ;-)
    03-04-13 01:17 PM
    iPhone users are doing a lot of things, but I bet furtively staring at what other people are doing with their phones isn't one of them.
    CrownIsle and Acidwire like this.
    03-04-13 01:20 PM
34 12