To me, good battery life means only having to charge it when I go to bed at night.
    this is me as well. but unfortunately, in the first 2 days that i've had my z10, this hasn't been the case. taken off the charger at 7 30 in the morning, and i pretty much have to get it back on the charger when i get home from work around 6 pm. this is with moderate use - probably 20 or so texts, 40-50 bbm messages, and around 10 emails, with sparsed browsing throughout the day. i was able to get home from work everyday under the same conditions with my 9810 with at least 40% battery, but i understand that the z10 is 5 times as powerful and consumes a lot more battery. it's a bit of a transition period to say the least. i'm hoping though that the battery "wears in", as kevin has said his z10 lasts for quite a long time, and as such i'm hoping my battery isn't a defect of some sort..
    02-08-13 11:50 PM
    this is me as well. but unfortunately, in the first 2 days that i've had my z10, this hasn't been the case. taken off the charger at 7 30 in the morning, and i pretty much have to get it back on the charger when i get home from work around 6 pm. this is with moderate use - probably 20 or so texts, 40-50 bbm messages, and around 10 emails, with sparsed browsing throughout the day. i was able to get home from work everyday under the same conditions with my 9810 with at least 40% battery, but i understand that the z10 is 5 times as powerful and consumes a lot more battery. it's a bit of a transition period to say the least. i'm hoping though that the battery "wears in", as kevin has said his z10 lasts for quite a long time, and as such i'm hoping my battery isn't a defect of some sort..
    My useage sounds similar to yours with more emails and I'm finding the the battery life the same. So perhaps it's just the "break in" period and not a defect of your phone (or mine). Hopefully it improves.
    02-09-13 12:05 PM
    I'd like to not have to charge for a full work shift and still have say 40% or more when I get home. I understand right now that I am using the z10 a lot and showing a lot of people the features. So hopefully when the novelty phase wears off the battery life improves.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 02:12 PM
    So what would you want your "screen on" time to be during a day?
    If you mean how many hours will I bee looking at my screen doing things then it's atleast 4 hrs daily. But that has gone done since I got a playbook in November.
    02-09-13 02:26 PM
    Like others said. 14-16 is "good" battery life.

That's generally a day for most people. That's how long I'd want my battery to last. I've noticed 12 hours isn't enough.

I want my 9700 battery life back
    02-10-13 03:08 AM
    Helpful thread!! Coming from the 9900 takes some adjusting. I remember having poor battery life on my 9900 because it didn't last a full 18 hour day! I've been getting from 5-8 hours and on a couple days have gone through 3 batteries (2 batteries but recharging one a second time). In fairness--new device=constant usage/playing.

I think most of the complaints/issues are probably mostly around the major jump compared to what we've been used to ... when I see the reviews saying that this is more or less in line with the iphone/S3 -- makes me realize that we're joining the rest of the crowd now.

Except that the battery can be replaced! I could not remotely imagine trying this type of battery life on any device without being able to replace battery on the go... I now get why Iphone users are always looking for charging spots--always see them at the airport plugged in... never paid it much attention....
    02-10-13 07:42 AM
31 12