I would like to buy the Q10 but only if Gmail works flawlessly on it.What is Gmail like on the Z10 so far?

Do contacts sync wirelessly? Is there 2 way email sync? Do you have access to all your email labels?
    03-14-13 03:50 AM
    Perfect on the latest software.
    I am on a bes 10 server (exchange) as well as gmail and outlook.com. Email works fine with the basic setup.

Yes, contacts sync 2 way. I don't use labels so have not tested it.

Bes10 with balance and work drives is really great!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-14-13 04:02 AM
    I set up my GMAIL using the standard email setup and so far, the email two way sync has worked fine. You are stuck using push which I can live with because this is the same method my IPhone 5 used.

For those of you reading those post about using MS Active Sync, forget it. It will give you an error because Microsoft has dropped support for all non app paying GMAIL accounts and all new devices and even if you where using it on your previous device like me, the z10 will be considered a new device and it won't work. You are stuck using IMAP, but I can live with that for now.

One issue I do have is that by using the standard email setup (IMAP), there is no option to sync 30 days like the MS Active Sync method provides which sucks and needs to be changed in a future update.

All my labels show up and I can move emails to them which is great, but it will only show you the emails for the past couple of days and you have no option to show all of them.

Yes there are shortcomings but compared to the older BlackBerry GMAIL method, this is off to a good start.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:46 AM
    Thanks guys for all your replies! Sounds promising! Not as good an experience as on an Android but this is the best it has ever been on a Blackberry for Gmail.
    03-14-13 04:57 AM
    Thanks guys for all your replies! Sounds promising! Not as good an experience as on an Android but this is the best it has ever been on a Blackberry for Gmail.
    It's hard to compare GMail against Android since it's built around the Google platform, being a former BB user years ago and coming back from both the Android and Apple platforms, this is a HUGE improvement compared to the older Blackberry GMail experience, which is the main reason I left BB years ago. The Z10 and the new OS10 has sparked my intrest in Blackberry again and so far, it's been very promising.
    03-14-13 05:47 AM
    I have 3 gmail accounts and they work perfectly for me. All my contacts synced and 4 calendars synced.

When I scan something from our printer to my email I hear my phone chime before I can walk away from the printer. I don't know why some people are only getting their mail every 15 minutes. Mine is instantaneous. No special set up. Straight imap.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:51 AM
    I have both Gmail and Google apps (Gmail for business) working flawlessly, I would say even better than android due to:

1. Hub (quick access to central inbox and flag mails)
    2. Contacts & calendar integration (meeting requests/calendar requests with mail history if the topic. And easy view of the participants)
    3. Quick view if your mail account name instead of different preset colour from android mail (maybe insignificant to some, but the colour coding is meaningless and when you have 3 corporate accounts and 2 personal)

although on Android I don't use the Gmail app since I wanted all my mail account to be centrally managed by the "Mail" app from stock for various reasons

Overall its better Os rather than better app per say.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:09 AM
    I'm very happy with the email. My only complaint is deleting which takes 2 taps instead of 1 if are just deleting 1 email. This should be fixed.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:17 AM
    One issue I do have is that by using the standard email setup (IMAP), there is no option to sync 30 days like the MS Active Sync method provides which sucks and needs to be changed in a future update.

....it will only show you the emails for the past couple of days and you have no option to show all of them.
    Hello, could I just get a clarification on this? Others have been complaining about the fact that they are only able to see 30 days worth of past emails on their Z10. But you're saying you can only see the past couple of days?

I am by no means a techie but I understand that for Push email, I need to use IMAP, not POP. So you're using IMAP and you can only have two days worth of email visible on the device?

Also, can you search the server for any Gmail going back xx months or last year for example?

Really need to understand this before buying. Thanks.
    03-14-13 07:51 AM
    I'm very happy with the email. My only complaint is deleting which takes 2 taps instead of 1 if are just deleting 1 email. This should be fixed.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    You can change that setting.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-14-13 08:03 AM
    Hello, could I just get a clarification on this? Others have been complaining about the fact that they are only able to see 30 days worth of past emails on their Z10. But you're saying you can only see the past couple of days?

I am by no means a techie but I understand that for Push email, I need to use IMAP, not POP. So you're using IMAP and you can only have two days worth of email visible on the device?

Also, can you search the server for any Gmail going back xx months or last year for example?

Really need to understand this before buying. Thanks.
    You can set it to see 30 days, but i hope that's changed to a much higher number in the future. I'm using imap. You can't search the server and see older emails, you would have to use Gmail in the browser for that.

03-14-13 08:09 AM
    All great!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:13 AM
    You can set it to see 30 days, but i hope that's changed to a much higher number in the future. I'm using imap. You can't search the server and see older emails, you would have to use Gmail in the browser for that.

I am also using IMAP and there is NO option in the GMail setting for seeing 30 days worth of emails, only the push option data is available? The only time I have seen the 30 day option is in MS Active Sync and that's useless on a new device. Maybe I am missing something?

I can live with this for right now because I am never away from my PC for more then a day, but if would be nice to have this option so if a client asked me about a email they sent me two weeks ago, I could view it and give them an answer.

This is still a HUGE improvement over the older blackberry I had using GMail. So hats off to the BB OS10 team for giving us GMail users something to look forward to.
    03-14-13 08:14 AM
    I have both Gmail and Google apps (Gmail for business) working flawlessly, I would say even better than android due to:

1. Hub (quick access to central inbox and flag mails)
    2. Contacts & calendar integration (meeting requests/calendar requests with mail history if the topic. And easy view of the participants)
    3. Quick view if your mail account name instead of different preset colour from android mail (maybe insignificant to some, but the colour coding is meaningless and when you have 3 corporate accounts and 2 personal)

although on Android I don't use the Gmail app since I wanted all my mail account to be centrally managed by the "Mail" app from stock for various reasons

Overall its better Os rather than better app per say.

Posted via CB10

I agree with you a 100%, I am a former Blackberry user who left because the older Blackberrys and GMail sucked. I came back because of the Z10 and I love the BB Hub for my Gmail. I also think it is easier to move emails into my labels with the BB Hub menu then checking and unchecking them in Android. So far this is a step in the right direction for us GMail users and I hope the Z10 takes off here in the USA.
    03-14-13 08:25 AM
    It's been great for me. No problems. Did freak out when I first deleted emails on my Z10, when I couldn't find them on my desktop. Only to be advised by members here that they have been archived, and all I need to do is click All Mail.
    03-14-13 08:43 AM
    Email labels - I don't use. But all my Gmail folders appear on the Z10.

Yes, contacts can be sync-ed wirelessly. You do this in your Blackberry Gmail setup. Yes, it is a 2-way email sync; I tried saving emails in folders and the same happened on my desktop; when I delete email, they disappear from my Inbox and go into Achive.

I sync my Calendar too.
    I would like to buy the Q10 but only if Gmail works flawlessly on it.What is Gmail like on the Z10 so far?

Do contacts sync wirelessly? Is there 2 way email sync? Do you have access to all your email labels?
    03-14-13 08:49 AM
    You can set it to see 30 days
    there is NO option in the GMail setting for seeing 30 days worth of emails
    Okay, two diametrically opposite opinions.

Can we have a tiebreaker please? Can you or can you not set it to load and view 30 days worth of past emails at a time when set to Push email?
    03-14-13 08:56 AM
    The current max is up to 30 days prior.

So users have asked for larger email prepop which may be implemented in future software release

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:02 AM

So users have asked for larger email prepop which may be implemented in future software release

Posted via CB10
    Is this 30 days using POP or 30 days using IMAP?

Am I correct in stating that 'instant' Push email can only be done with IMAP?
    03-14-13 09:07 AM
    how different is it compared to using gmail on the Playbook?
    03-14-13 09:11 AM
    30 days, protocol does not matter.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:04 AM
    Okay, two diametrically opposite opinions.

Can we have a tiebreaker please? Can you or can you not set it to load and view 30 days worth of past emails at a time when set to Push email?
    Imap Gmail there is no option for amount of days to sync.. confirmed.
    03-14-13 10:09 AM
    30 days, protocol does not matter.

Posted via CB10
    Imap Gmail there is no option for amount of days to sync.. confirmed.
    I'll go with dejanh's confirmation that you can load and view up to 30 days worth of email no matter the protocol. This squares with what I was reading earlier in February, I just wanted to make absolutely sure.
    03-14-13 10:16 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Hmmm.....This could be a deal breaker for me. 30 emails could be....3 or 4 days for me.
    I'm waiting for the Z10 AT&T release. Could also be waiting for OS upgrades as well
    03-14-13 10:16 AM
    Folks, this is inaccurate. You can't set it from the phone because this setting is controlled from the Gmail side. Look at your Gmail settings (on Gmail, not the phone) and you'll see that you can configure how much email to make available via IMAP.
    agp101 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:22 AM
52 123