My Torch 9800 was a real workhorse when it came to tweaking BIS. Handling nuisance emails or text messages simply required tossing up the firewall for a week. Problem solved. I did find the settings on the Z10 to overt protection, yet I received an advisement via text today thru T-Mobile.

Question: What encryption email is available that is equal to my old BIS account? In the old days, I was able to block these bottom feeders who prey on spams by throwing up the firewall for a couple of days.. Fee paid or free, suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you. I love the new phone BTW. Just haven’t figured out which email to replace my disfuntional tmo.blackberry.net account.

Look forward to your feedback.
    03-28-13 07:57 PM
    What do you mean by encryption to replace BIS? BIS did not encrypt email.

To stop spamming you just need a good email provider. I manage my own and use a combination of black listing and grey listing, but Gmail is quite good at filtering spam.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:40 PM
    What do you mean by encryption to replace BIS? BIS did not encrypt email.

To stop spamming you just need a good email provider. I manage my own and use a combination of black listing and grey listing, but Gmail is quite good at filtering spam.

Agree with everything Richard wrote. The spam problem is your email provider's problem, it's not feasible to try to filter it on your side. And this urban legend about how BIS 'encrypted everything' is not true. In some cases it 'obscured' content, but in a way that a determined/knowledgeable snooper could easily circumvent.
    04-01-13 05:21 PM