I have started 2 threads requesting legitimate help with no response. Seems like people only respond to the so called "Troll" threads.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:39 PM
    Should have linked those threads in this one and maybe someone would help.

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    03-26-13 09:43 PM
    What's your question? I'll try and help

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:46 PM
    Well the first question is regarding pdf files. I use to be able to do a word search in a pdf file but not sure how to on the z10. Second question is regarding twitter. Initially when I got the z10 and I would use the @ symbol in twitter, it would automatically bring up all my contacts. Recently the app had an update in blackberry world and it no longer does this. Am I missing something or is there another way to do this? I realize these are simple questions but aby help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:54 PM
    Wow, you've got me stumped. Wish I could help. I've got 0 contacts on twitter and don't use pdf files often enough. I do hope somebody responds though. Good luck.

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    03-26-13 10:08 PM
    I have started 2 threads requesting legitimate help with no response
    Link the threads you started.
    03-26-13 10:16 PM
    Don't think they have a word search feature in the adobe Reader unfortunately you should email them to add it in an update don't think it should be too hard. Maybe in the search app?

With twitter searches you can include the @ symbol or just search the handle then select the people tab and it should show your search results.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-26-13 10:21 PM
    Thank you for the help.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:23 PM
    I have started 2 threads requesting legitimate help with no response. Seems like people only respond to the so called "Troll" threads.

Posted via CB10
    Not a valid excuse, but sometimes you really have to draw attention to your questions and time of day can also be a factor. Use bold letters and capitals for your queries.

And because of the volume of threads, yes also started by "Those that will remain nameless", threads started late at night can be lost quite easily and pushed down.

We'll try better, but within an hour, a newly started thread can wind up on page 5 and thus go unnoticed.
    03-26-13 10:37 PM
    I updated twitter today and the behavior is only slightly different. The contact list no longer pops up after typing "@" but once you start to type the username it gives you those options. ie @b shows me @BlackBerry, @BenThePCGuy and others I follow that start with a b. As far as Adobe Reader goes it looks like they haven't made searching an option at this point.
    03-26-13 10:43 PM
    Here are all of his threads: http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=3863403

I don't think you can search a PDF the way you would a website for a word. This would be nice functionality for a future update. Of course, it will depend how the PDF was created too.

Freezing or rebooting has only happened a few times for me. Not sure why. Probably wont be an issue we will be stuck with for ever and probably nothing we can do about it yet.

The twitter mentions are now done by tapping the @ button and then you start typing the persons name or twitter handle. A quick list will populate below the message and you can tap who you want. If you don't have someone in mind and just want to browse through your twitter contacts and find one to tweet, probably best to go into contacts and filter by twitter.
    susan_f likes this.
    03-26-13 10:46 PM
    Thanks a lot guys. Very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:13 PM
    I just tried the adobe Reader and opened a few pdf files. As above posts mentioned there is no search functionality yet. Just thought I'd post that I did try it.

As for twitter I don't use it.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-26-13 11:22 PM
    As others have mentioned, the Adobe Reader app lacks search functionality (no idea why that was not incorporated into the app). You can sideload an android pdf reader app that has search functionality.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:25 PM
    Sorry don't use twitter but I did try out a the pdf reader and wasn't able to select either

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:31 PM
    Magic, which android app? I could use one as well.

Thanks
    03-26-13 11:43 PM
    Try changing your name to a girl's name, and remember to put "your pic" in the avatar. Done and done. :P
    03-27-13 12:11 AM
    03-28-13 11:24 AM
    Ok, there was an Adobe Reader update today, and they have added search functionality!

I've avoided using this native pdf reader app because it lacked search capabilities.

I've tried an android pdf reader, but it doesn't run smoothly, so I am glad that BlackBerry updated the native app.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:44 PM
    Well the first question is regarding pdf files. I use to be able to do a word search in a pdf file but not sure how to on the z10. Second question is regarding twitter. Initially when I got the z10 and I would use the @ symbol in twitter, it would automatically bring up all my contacts. Recently the app had an update in blackberry world and it no longer does this. Am I missing something or is there another way to do this? I realize these are simple questions but aby help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Adobe Reader as a search function, it's called: FIND.

When the document is open, hit the screen and select the 3 dots on the right hand side. Select Find and make you request.

As for Twitter, sorry I don't use it.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:58 PM
    There is an application in BlackBerry World called UniReader which allows searching within a PDF document. Adobe Reader is garbage and shows that BlackBerry OS 10 is a low priority for Adobe just as with the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 07:26 PM
    A new update to the Adobe Reader was just released. It appears to have search, but not sure about the integration.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:37 PM