In the sidebar, there is a pushpin icon. What is that supposed to do?

Thanks
    02-17-13 11:42 PM
    That is to lock the task bar you see and if u unoin it it will hide it, i leave it pinned as its is a pain at times to get it to come back up exspecially when your texting or posting from phone and need to peek back to the hub.
    02-18-13 12:03 AM
    Oh you mean when your on a website?

Or

Using CB10?
    02-18-13 12:03 AM
    i read in the phone that when you are using cloud storage and you pin a file that it will show in your phone even if you are offline
    02-18-13 12:08 AM
    i read in the phone that when you are using cloud storage and you pin a file that it will show in your phone even if you are offline
    Ah thats what he is talking about, ok when you pin dropbox and then you will see all your files and folders have a little pin on them and if you click on the image or file it will download them to your phones internal storage, not really much difference if you click on the files or image separately as they will download anyways to your phone.
    02-18-13 12:19 AM
    If you select the option to "Pin Dropbox" that it syncs all of your Dropbox files to the device which is awesome as it really speeds up the time required to access the files.

And as for a single folder or file just press and hold on a folder and the option will appear.
    allwi likes this.
    02-18-13 12:23 AM
    So if I pin the files or folders that means the actual files will be on both the phone and my Dropbox?

If I don't pin it then I can save space on my BlackBerry and just view and download the file as I need right?

So to save space I just have to use the file manager to move the files from my BlackBerry to drop box?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:29 AM
    So if I pin the files or folders that means the actual files will be on both the phone and my Dropbox?

If I don't pin it then I can save space on my BlackBerry and just view and download the file as I need right?

So to save space I just have to use the file manager to move the files from my BlackBerry to drop box?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Yes so make sure you don't have auto sync on as all files will sync to all your devices.

So say your at a friends place and upload a file to your dropbox as soon as you open your phone and go to dropbox icon and login and choose the file it will automatically download to the phone, Pinning is a good option if you want to save time and download all the stuff at once to the phone.

So if u upload the file from where ever, jusy don't click on it from your phone or pin it as it will sunc to the phone.

If you upload the files from your phone and delete from your phone and yeah u can leave them in dropbox space forever and ever and once you want them back you can sync it back either by Pinning or click on the file or images one at a time, very simple to use.
    02-18-13 12:52 AM
    So pinning and then hitting sync will bring back the files from Dropbox to my phone then.

Is there any way to automatically make Dropbox back up my photos and videos I take with the BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 01:15 AM