I want to see in Blackberry OS 10.2 for my BB Z10, more fun apps like WeChat, Viber, Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:39 PM
    Programmable convenience key with one option that allows the user to go back to the home screen when pressed.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:41 PM
    I want to see app tray come back..Like from Legacy BlackBerries and PlayBook.. Have the ability to hide all apps or most, and with a gesture or flick bring up the tray with all apps.

Then later down the road, customization active-frame sizes and placement, like widgets.

Then even later down the road, full on Inter-active frames... or widgets..
    Last edited by Dirkmyer; 06-12-13 at 01:57 PM.
    outlib likes this.
    06-12-13 01:41 PM
    Couple practical things :
    - different profile settings for in holster and out of holster
    - battery percentage (even in 5% increments, so I don't have to use an app or go in settings to see the exact battery level
    For now only these...may remember more

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:43 PM
    Just two pressing ones for me... custom notification profiles like we had in the old BBOS, and true SmartCase text substitution like we had before. I really miss both features.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-12-13 01:45 PM
    Armenian Language Support, fonts for some application.
    06-12-13 01:46 PM
    Better graphics :!
    faster app opening!
    Should be smooth, it becomes laggy when too many files are stored!
    More colours!
    Better music player! With equalizer!
    Battery life improvements, while playing a game like asphalt 7 the battery drains fast! It doesn't happen on an iPhone!
    More apps! I see the same apps in the bbb world everyday! No new apps are made! Looks boring too!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:48 PM
    A proper email client made for business:
    • Email identities
    • Encryption
    • BBOS Shortcuts
    • Colours/Labels
    • Filters
    • Spam folder access via IMAP
    • A hub manager which actually works
    • Accounts grouping in the hub

A more powerful task manager
    • Nested folders
    • Encrypted notes
    • WebDAV support
    • Assign contact to note
    • Assign location to note

A desktop like browser experience
    • Extensions won't be there until 11.0 or 12.0, so at least password, forms and bookmarks API so that apps can manage our data
    • Custom search engine

And...
    • Support for common VPN protocols
    • Both black and white themes for all devices and let us choose which app uses which via app settings. Texting outside with the black theme just doesn't work, thanks to the oled screen
    • Home shortcuts as an alternative to type and go
    RevyRah likes this.
    06-12-13 01:55 PM
    just remembered two more:
    - capability to change BBM contact picture to something else (like picture from own contacts)
    - the green blinking status LED would be really nice ( I realize it adds to the battery drain, but it used to be an option one could turn on or off)

I'm sure I'll remember few more...
    06-12-13 01:57 PM
    Introduced 5 new apps during the launch that's it nothing more the BlackBerry people are doing! So annoying!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:59 PM
    One thing I miss from my Bold 9900 is the option to mark all emails as read. I Don't like the fact that I have to select all unread emails in order to mark them as read. I have the Z10 now and would like 10.2 to give the camera ap more features, such as panoramic view. Would also like to see the Pictures taken be more vibrant in color. As for the lock screen, weather and stock options view capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:00 PM
    A better option for password lock.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:08 PM
    better screen rotation... As in desktop going to landscape like my previous blackberry and playbook. How hard could this be

posted via cb10
    +100000

~stv
    Noooo. If you want to put a number in then put a number in. Don't limit us.
    why can't we have both... just another option.

0. Improved text editing tools, Headless apps and improved Android compatibility
    - Bubble needs to be improved, maybe it should magnify text underneath, sometimes text gets hidden under thumb, and magnification of where exactly bubble is will help with that; Also, bubble does not show up in all screens. In some apps, bubble doesn't work. It needs to consistently available wherever needed throughout the OS.

- Improved text 'selection' tools - currently very inconsistent and don't work everywhere. Improved selection markers and improved copy-paste will help a lot (that, in fact, is suppose to be a core competency of BBRY; specially on QWRETY Q10 device). Currently, I am even unable to copy/paste from webpages (copy/paste selection markers dont show up)

- Headless apps, updated Android supporting even more Android APIs to ensure wider app-compatibility. Along with task-manager and permission-editor to ensure we can see what's running in background and change permissions as necessary.

1. Q10 UI should be optimized for screen size. Lots of space is wasted with large blue bars (in pretty much all apps), unnecessary indentation and design elements (in BBM, WhatsApp etc. conversations.), large spacing (in contacts screen, for instance).

2. Custom/Advanced profiles (also related Developer API in Cascades etc. for changing related settings) and more (BB7 styled) ring tones.

3. Outgoing email-attachment (specially images) should have ability to be scaled down. BB7 and other phones like iPHone etc. auto scale 1mb image down to 100KB. Also, ability to delete emails only on device.

4. Allow outgoing phone calls even if phone is locked (like in previous BBs)

5. Pattern lock or pin based locking/unlocking. A button or app for password-locking the phone quickly.

6. Balance feature even without a BES account.

7. Support for Bluetooth codec APT-X for streaming high quality music via compatible bluetooth headsets. In addition to WIDi/MiraCast/Screen mirroring (that has already been announced)

8. Ability to set multiple alarms in calendar with ability to specify recurring pattern - weekdays, weekends etc. (like in previous BB7).

9. Ability to see next few events/tasks from lock screen.

10. Improved media player (it even plays ringtones right now!) or maybe ringtones should not get saved in that folder at all.

11. Quick settings menu should also show -
    - hot spot option (on/off)
    - nfc
    - toggle between multiple ringer profiles Right now it only toggles between two profile types.

12. BB Protect should backup and restore some stuff like contacts etc - right now, BB protect is not even close to BB7 BB Protect functionality.

13. Contacts - ability to filter "phone" only contacts. Right now, I can filter LinkedIn contacts, Twitter contacts but not "phone" contacts. Sure, I can turn everything off in settings, but I am talking about phone-contacts-filter.

14. HTML emails should appear in one screen (no need for horizontal email). Currently, HTML emails do not word-wrap. Horizontal scrolling is required. Other phones (iPhone/Android) are able to display such emails just fine. But BlackBerry 10 devices require horizontal scrolling.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 06-15-13 at 12:11 PM.
    PatrickMJS and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-12-13 02:11 PM
    I want the old vibration functions back. The vibration for messages such as BBM is way too long. And of course more notifications on the lock screen are more than welcome.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:13 PM
    More apps. More nfc productivity please

JuniorD
    06-12-13 02:13 PM
    Pop up notifications from the lock screen
    More options in control panel
    Music access from the lock screen
    More notification options

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:18 PM
    The ability to toggle the notifications between normal, vibrate and silent or more from the pull down shortcut, not just the last setting and normal mode. It is a PITA having to go to the settings menu to change from vibrate to silent every time.
    06-12-13 02:18 PM
    I would like to see:

Calendar, instead of showing the app title "calendar", can we make it interactive like showing the day of the week?

Like: the date number and then, the day of the week.... and no more calendar showing.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:21 PM
    I would like to see:

Calendar, instead of showing the app title "calendar", can we make it interactive like showing the day of the week?

Like: the date number and then, the day of the week.... and no more "calendar" word showing.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:22 PM
    Much improved calendar please. Present one is a poor relation to previous incarnations in terms of features, ui and display.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-12-13 02:24 PM
    Translit russian

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:25 PM
    Would love to see the inconsistencies ironed out. For example when sharing files, say to BBM, I cannot swipe back to the previous screen, I have to use the back button on the bottom left corner. This only happens in some apps, where in others I can quickly swipe. Also it seems the general action of swiping down from the top bezel shows the settings icon for the particular app you are in. Not all apps work this way, some apps like the browser have no swipe down settings icon, but when you swipe left the side menu gives several settings options.

I would love to see...
    -Ability to pin active frames
    -A built in flashlight app set right on the lock screen that you can long press like the camera icon to enable the phones light in a hurry
    -would like to see the system settings tab drop down all the way, full screen and add in more functionality like a minimized music manager, airport mode, screen brightness, etc.
    -would love to have apples new iOS7 app switcher ( which is really a repackaged PlayBook app switcher! ) I love that carousel design with the flick up to close.
    -creating personal calendars!!!!!! With no limit on how many personal calendars we can create and the ability to assign a color to each calendar with a larger selection of colors. (think iOS 5/6 calendar)
    -Update maps so that you can search directions from any two locations, not just from your current location.
    -update remember so that more than one email can be attached to a remember note.
    -update pictures so that users have the ability to decide the default view upon opening the app. I would rather it defaulted to my albums rather than "recent photos"
    -Update music app - I can search my library by artist, album, and genre but not by song!?!? Seriously?
    -more than one upcoming calendar app. Displayed on lock screen. Should display next 3 events regardless of their date on both the lock screen and calendar active frame.
    -either MSG previews or actionable notifications on the lock screen. Think iOS but give it a new BlackBerry OS10 feel

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ingris; 06-12-13 at 03:04 PM.
    microfoneman likes this.
    06-12-13 02:31 PM
    Agreed, but maybe a compromise would be the hex keypad (or whatever comes up when entering a PIN)... I think that would be nice
    Agreed. No matter what, I would just like an easier way to input password. I get that using alphanumeric password is more secure than a 4 pin password, but on full touch devices, it takes actual concentration to input accurately on a full virtual qwerty keyboard. So much so that I know people who don't use it because its so slow to input. On a physical keyboard that isn't a big deal, but on a full touch keyboard, it is.

I don't think a 4 pin number is the answer, but pattern lock for example can be a great, easy and better way to do it. Or the way windows 8 does it. No matter, just make it easier.
    06-12-13 02:32 PM
970 ... 7891011 ...