Luckily this week, my blackberry z10 is going to be finally arriving in the mail!

I was wondering what are some useful tips on what to do when you first get your z10 battery wise?

I've been reading a lot of different methods to prolong battery life when you first get the phone. Many people have said fully draining your battery then charging it helps. Others have said fully charging it before any usage aids as well.

I'm curious to know, what is the best thing for me to do when I first get my z10 concerning the battery? I'm also curious as too what you guys did when you first got your z10?

Thanks
    02-18-13 03:02 AM
    Luckily this week, my blackberry z10 is going to be finally arriving in the mail!

I was wondering what are some useful tips on what to do when you first get your z10 battery wise?

I've been reading a lot of different methods to prolong battery life when you first get the phone. Many people have said fully draining your battery then charging it helps. Others have said fully charging it before any usage aids as well.

I'm curious to know, what is the best thing for me to do when I first get my z10 concerning the battery? I'm also curious as too what you guys did when you first got your z10?

Thanks
    Well, you could lower the screen resolution.
    Only put on LTE when you need to.
    And sometimes only have few apps running in background.
    Also, you could buy the battery-charger bundle add on.
    Thanks for reading!
    02-18-13 03:04 AM
    Well, you could lower the screen resolution.
    Only put on LTE when you need to.
    And sometimes only have few apps running in background.
    Also, you could buy the battery-charger bundle add on.
    Thanks for reading!
    Thank you for the tips! When I first get the phone, should I let it drain out, charge it fully before I turn it on or does it not matter at all?
    02-18-13 03:08 AM
    put the battery in the phone

but yeah turn wifi Bluetooth and nfc off when not in use. lower screen brightness. turn off 4g as it isnt needed all the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 03:44 AM
    People are going to say I'm wrong but fully charging/discharging your battery has negligible effect on your battery in any way. Don't bother doing it.

There are a few things you can do that will have a small impact on your battery life:
    - turn off BT when not being used
    - turn off NFC when not being used
    - turn off WiFi when not being used
    - turn on WiFi when it is available
    - turn off "Allow gestures while locked"
    - lower brightness

And one thing you can do that will have a Large impact on your battery life:
    - turn off LTE (I really resisted crippling my phone like this but I finally gave in and did it. All 3 of my Z10s now get triple the battery life they were getting before)
    Novaone likes this.
    02-18-13 03:55 AM
    Day 1 (31/1/2013) collected the phone at 9am. Battery was at 1/4 full and I had to get on with work. Using maps and making note while playing with the phone while I could. I was micro -charging where I could until I got home.

Got home and used the PB charger so I could charge quick and play hard

Day 3 (2/02/2013)

Drained battery in the evening to fully charge over night with the supplied charger (battery life was poor) repeated ever since.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 04:31 AM
    First I will unbox it

Then I will insert my sim, battery and sdcard, and after that its turn on time, and plugging to charger at the same time.
    02-18-13 04:38 AM
    Day 1 (31/1/2013) collected the phone at 9am. Battery was at 1/4 full and I had to get on with work. Using maps and making note while playing with the phone while I could. I was micro -charging where I could until I got home.

Got home and used the PB charger so I could charge quick and play hard

Day 3 (2/02/2013)

Drained battery in the evening to fully charge over night with the supplied charger (battery life was poor) repeated ever since.

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't let the battery to go empty every day. It won't be good for the battery.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-18-13 04:39 AM
    You shouldn't let the battery to go empty every day. It won't be good for the battery.
    Personally I do much like what he does, except I turn data off at 15%, and never let it drop below 10 if at all possible.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 04:48 AM
    When you first get it. Charge it fully without using it. Then... use the phone as normally as you would when you get a new phone, and try to get it to around 10% before charging it -fully- again. It is seemingly recommended to turn off gestures when the phone is in stand-by, as the phone can think it moving around in your pocket is an attempt at a gesture (wasting battery life). After the initial cycle, don't worry about it.. just charge as you would any other phone, on the hoof... overnight...at the office, whatever.

You should only really turn off features if you don't need them, or need them rarely, otherwise you are ruining your experience of a phone and causing yourself a headache.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-18-13 04:56 AM

Thanks
    I have owned 50 BB devices and most arrive with enough power to get through the day so I just use them out of the box. At the end of the day I put it on charge while I sleep. Repeat daily!

Nothing you can do that will change how your battery is to any extent no matter how many tales you hear in this forum. You are already starting to worry too much. Just relax and enjoy!

If you have to turn all your services off like some say then the device is no good to begin with. BB used to be known for good battery but not after the 9900
    02-18-13 05:14 AM
    When you first get it. Charge it fully without using it. Then... use the phone as normally as you would when you get a new phone, and try to get it to around 10% before charging it -fully- again. It is seemingly recommended to turn off gestures when the phone is in stand-by, as the phone can think it moving around in your pocket is an attempt at a gesture (wasting battery life). After the initial cycle, don't worry about it.. just charge as you would any other phone, on the hoof... overnight...at the office, whatever.

You should only really turn off features if you don't need them, or need them rarely, otherwise you are ruining your experience of a phone and causing yourself a headache.
    No need to charge it full without using...that is a myth that has been with the old technical batteries. Just put it on charger, you can use your phone while it charges
    02-18-13 05:43 AM
    Thank you for the tips! When I first get the phone, should I let it drain out, charge it fully before I turn it on or does it not matter at all?
    Wsll, this is not from experience, but my friends ( and family) have said always to drain the battery first, reason for this, I don't know, but apparently the battery will last longer if you use it, drain it, then charge it, but ultimately it, its really your choice.
    Thanks!
    02-18-13 01:15 PM