What do the BB10 users complain most about?
- So far I heard the lack of BIS (cannot push POP e-mail, isn't it time to get hosted exchange for like $30-$40/yr or ask your company?)
- Minimum interval to check for new e-mails is 15 minutes (see 1 above, this won't apply to push e-mail)
- E-Mail on device is limited to 30 days (can't you search on server with Exchange/AS, this is bad if not..)
- No option to delete on device-only while keeping on server (can you move e-mails to another folder, or hide them?)
- Lack of customization (most people complain about this, but what do they actually want to customize? fonts? Wallpaper?)
- No keyboard shortcuts (i know this is a big one, I really wish we could pull out the on-screen keyboard on demand and just apply shortcuts!)
Not being able to text new numbers from call log, *Solution and all sort of changes applied to call screen/call log and capabilities thereof.
- Bridge is broken (hopefully will be fixed soon)
- Lack of apps, no google maps (we all just have to keep bugging the devs, MS and Google is just playing hard to get, being all MS and Google.. for maps I saw bunch of alternatives, even a few premiums ones offered as free, also try sideloading, but still no skype)
- Problems with cut-paste (sadly, issue with most touch-screen phones, no way to more easily select and manipulate text)
- Auto on-off (I assume this is there, the person who complained may have missed it, is it really missing?)
- Learning curve (this is not a major con, just take your time and be patient)
- Random battery life issues (maybe there should be a 2G, 3G, LTE switches to activate individually to save battery)
- Speaker is not as good as older BB's.. (While some stated it was still pretty good)
- No charging pod
- Some people are not happy with notifications
- No panorama in camera.
- Some people are unhappy that phone is not quad core (this cannot be a valid complaint, come on!)
- Keyboard Shortcuts! You can bring the keyboard with two fingers on any screen, but the keyboard shortcuts are not there.. Why wouldn't BB add shortcuts if keyboard can be displayed at any screen?
Can you add more? What are the most frequently mentioned complaints about BB10 (not just Z10 as hardware, but together with BB10). I am sure long time BB users with BES must have other complaints, just wanted to hear more so users can know what to expect, most can do away with majority of the complaints, but if they all know what to expect, and potential fixes to those issues, it would be nice.
Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 03-26-13 at 01:25 AM.
- CrackBerry User
03-25-13, 01:55 AM #2
- 12 Posts
HI there!! I just wrote this out, along with much more on my post "3rd day with Z10.....", so I'm just copying and pasting the things I wrote there
concerns/not so good things/problems/things I actually miss from OS7:
- Physical keyboard (YES, I know- the Q10 will be coming out soon... anyone know an official AT&T date???)
- back button and trackball/pad (that was blackberry classic!!)
- being able to determine how long the vibrate for text/bbm/emails/phone calls/etc
- APPS, APPS, APPS.... I just don't understand why so many apps from OS7 aren't there!! (BBuzz, Skype, Point, Shazam, Google Maps [not the blackberry version, but the regular google maps], and BBVA Compass Bank mobile banking were the ones that I HAD, but no longer would have on the Z10) <-- when developers ask what apps people want, well... simple.. GO LOOK AT WHAT iPhone IS DOING!
- facebook SUCKS on the new OS, and, well, it sucked on OS7 too, which is why I only used the 'mobile site'... now the BB10 mobile site sucks!! :/// I've only been able to check facebook from my computer except when I get updates!
- ACTIVE FRAMES!! WTF is that??? I had to purchase an LED/vibrate notifications app, but it only works if it's running in the active frames........ hate that... with a passion
- phone contacts and facebook contacts are merged and i hate that too!!! Ive tried all different ways to no avail to get that option off
- text messages, BBM, contacts, and 'reminders' lag
- the HUB and having everything consolidated... not a fan of that at all. I want email with email, texts with texts, and facebook with facebook. Maybe I'm paranoid, but consolidation scares me
- battery life is NOT very good, even though they tout the battery being the biggest yet
- I miss the way photos were categorized with BB7, and the whole media application was better on 7
- what happened to voice notes and voice notes recorder??
- I wish the 'memo pad' was back instead of it being called 'reminders' on BB10
- I feel like BB7 was just easier to use then BB10
- gestures, albeit being an awesome feature, is really hard to get used to. I want the back button and trackpad back!! made life SO much easier
*this too isn't a fully extensive list, BUT, because of most of these things, I am returning the Z10 tomorrow.*
- 03-25-13, 02:08 AM #3
I've had mine about 3 weeks now and the few complaints I have with it are extremely minor. The wifi disabling itself is extremely annoying (after three tries without connecting, it disables that profile), as I prefer to save on my data plan and use the wifi in my res and the uni buildings when I can. I get pretty sick of having to go into the settings and manually enabling it every time I want to connect. That's pretty much the biggest gripe I have with it. The keyboards amazing, I never thought I'd be able to type as fast as I do on a touch screen. Same with the browser, lightning quick and easy to use. Lack of apps doesn't bother me, the main ones I use are there and there is always interesting ones popping up on BlackBerry World (although I do admit this isn't the same for everyone). That's my two cents, I suppose.
Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
- CrackBerry User
03-25-13, 07:58 AM #9
- 81 Posts
Only two on my side:
1. Ability to file "sent" emails (the feature doesn't show up in the menu for "sent" emails)
2. Lack of auto-adjustments for timezones (even if there is a button that gives you the option, it doesn't work...and sometimes, the time may show up properly but the calendar doesn't adjust accordingly).
A wish: Make the airplane button readily available in the swipe down menu like WiFi and Bluetooth.
So when are you are at home working over wifi, you leave and come back 2 hrs later, it won't re-connect just because BB thinks it is not worth trying to re-connect? That's not nice at all.. Why would it just disable that profile? A lot of people us wifi+4G and most phones would just keep trying to connect to wifi and make it priority for sending/receiving data where available, this means you cannot rely on Wifi, and you would have to make sure you actually disable mobile data! I am surprised that BB had all these years to come up with the new system, yet some of the basic functions are still broken. What did all those alpha users do with their devices? Play brickbreaker? Oh wait, that's not even on BB10 anymore.. I should have added this to the list!!!
- CrackBerry User
03-25-13, 12:02 PM #12
- 12 Posts
- CrackBerry Genius
03-25-13, 12:14 PM #13
- 4,048 Posts
As for active frames?? what do you mean WTF is that about??. Its a list of your running apps that are sitting on your homescreen so are easily accessible and can be minimised/closed if need be. Compared to the iphone or Android where you have to press the home button or an onscreen capactive button in order to get to your running apps. So ease of use is what the BB10 does compared to iphone and Android, where it can take up to 2-3 clicks to get into a list of your running apps.
And as for moaning about buying an app which allows you to change led colours and vibration alerts, did you not read the developers notes on the app??. I bought hub++ in which the developer explicitly states that the app NEEDS to be running in the background due to limited API's that are available to developers at the moment. BUT headless apps ie apps that can run in the background will be made available soon to developers.
If the developer didnt mention that in his description of the app then thats something he/she should have done and i dont blame you for being a bit angry. But again at the moment the only apps that can be run in the background are the native apps built by Blackberry. BTW what led app are you using??, like i said hub++ explicitly states that the app needs to run as an active frame in order for it to work...the dev has stated this a few times in his posts on this forum and even on the app description in BB world.
Anyhow if you do decide to return the Z10 then i hope you find something that fits your needs and wants. Next time i suggest you do some proper research before spending your hard earned pennies on a device, especially one that is so brand new.
- 03-25-13, 12:17 PM #14
Doesn't store emails messages over 30days. I had no idea about this until I purchased the unit and tried to switch my old bb emails and data. Everything else transferred perfectly - txt, contacts, photos, music, ringtones, apps ... but no email from my old device, plus it wouldn't keep anything older than 30 days (even if filed, saved, or stored as a note in "Remember".
This caught me by surprise - I constantly search my email history. Isn't BB all about the email!?
PS: I also miss the trackpad to backspace while I'm writing an email.
Backspace should not be an issue, swiping back from right to left should do the same thing, did you find any difficulty doing that?
- 03-25-13, 04:44 PM #16
Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
I think that decision should be left with end user, if I want to save battery I would just turn off wifi manually, BB should not make that decision. There should be no major difference between keeping WiFi on vs disabling a certain connection. (I assume it does not completely turn off wifi, but disables that particular AP). What about the others in the area? If you move from AP to AP, it means it will never connect to anything at all.. Almost as good as simply turning off wifi. Sounds like a mess..
- 03-25-13, 05:44 PM #18
I find it too hard to unlock from time to time. Also missing the option to chose from different galleries when adding a new pic to a contact. It is just possible to chose from camera folder. That is it so far. So happy with my Z10
- CrackBerry User
03-25-13, 07:26 PM #19
- 53 Posts
So far my only issue besides a few listed here is using the BlackBerry Link software.. at 1st it had problems syncing. After I got it to sync the photos or music will not open some error 10 for music and a little thumbnail that the photo is corrupted. If I restart the phone it works again shortly after it happens again. I have tried to uninstall the link software and reinstall it and format the memory card..
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Newbie
03-25-13, 08:30 PM #21
- 3 Posts
36 hour user here. So far, quite amazing device! Even has a comma for the attorneys among us!
I am sorely missing the delete text function (as opposed to true backspace), which I accessed by holding down the alt key and then hitting the delete key - this erased text to the right of the cursor. I can't find a shortcut for this yet....
Is there one?
Posted via CB10
- 03-25-13, 09:12 PM #22
- 03-25-13, 09:17 PM #23
I have had this phone for a month now. At first it was meh but now I'm totally comfortable with mine. All the concerns over emails. I just don't get it. I have 3 emails set up. 2 Hotmail and 1 Gmail. The emails get to me pretty instantly. Maybe it's different networks or locations.
I am very happy with mine. I have a the apps I use and I need. I don't want a lot of useless apps. Where I'd download it and never use it.
Posted via a toaster.
- 03-25-13, 09:21 PM #24
My 3 main complains :
1. Deleting 1 email should not take 2 taps.
2. Battery life is inconsistent. Good some days and not so good others even if I down shift to 4G from LTE,
3. Apps. I don't need a lot but a it would be nice to have Instagram, Skype and a few more big name games. I think they will come, have to be patient.
- 03-25-13, 09:46 PM #25
Backspace should not be an issue, swiping back from right to left should do the same thing, did you find any difficulty doing that?[/QUOTE]
"backspace" was the wrong word ... I meant that I often write stuff, then want to insert or alter txt towards the beginning of the paragraph. So I don't want it to erase, but sometimes stabbing my finger at the spot doesn't accurately get me to where i'd like to insert. Even though I have a touchscreen on the torch, I always used the trackpad.
- By phil_d1111 in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 40Last Post: 07-12-14, 03:37 AM
- By leejayh in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 33Last Post: 03-04-13, 04:32 PM
- By jstray in forum AT&TReplies: 8Last Post: 11-23-10, 06:48 PM
- By lady_capricorn in forum Other PlatformsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-06-09, 11:22 AM
- By newjerseyjohn in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 26Last Post: 12-22-08, 01:20 PM