Hello all,

Big Blackberry fan and interested in Z10 when contractually able to move on but discouraged by the recent hands on review from Cnet. I understand there is some comedic bashing of devices on the show but in a challenge to use the phone to get around a foreign city and perform common tasks they turned away from the phone for help and really found it hard to use.

So... for those of you with the phone, was the review true to life? was the learning curve that steep? I had the storm when it came out and really regretted it (used it but had to work hard to make it a useful tool and the daily battery pulls were killer). Is this another Storm or should I expect greatness? It look really good from reviews here but this community is a bit biased.
    03-20-13 01:21 PM
    I didn't watch the review. But if it's about the "Learning Curve" then watch the instructional videos when you start the device for the first time if you struggle, watch them again.

It all feels very nature after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:24 PM
    I don't bother with the CNET pablum so I didn't see the review. I've been using a Z10 for 5 weeks and find it a very useful tool. Some complain the supplied maps app doesn't have a public transportation layer and that is true. But I'm smart enough to figure out the public transit in any city if I need to. Anyway, there are plenty of useful travel app already in BlackBerry World--at least here in the USA.
    03-20-13 01:27 PM
    It's called look at the source and do not bother....
    03-20-13 01:39 PM
    Hello all,

Big Blackberry fan and interested in Z10 when contractually able to move on but discouraged by the recent hands on review from Cnet. I understand there is some comedic bashing of devices on the show but in a challenge to use the phone to get around a foreign city and perform common tasks they turned away from the phone for help and really found it hard to use.

So... for those of you with the phone, was the review true to life? was the learning curve that steep? I had the storm when it came out and really regretted it (used it but had to work hard to make it a useful tool and the daily battery pulls were killer). Is this another Storm or should I expect greatness? It look really good from reviews here but this community is a bit biased.
    The Z10 is NOTHING like the storm.

CNET have a bias against BlackBerry and it's pretty obvious.

There are tons or articles here posting real life experience s from former BB, iphone 4,5 android users. Spend some time to read through them and you can take a more informed decision.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:40 PM
    I didn't find it hard to get used to at all. Literally within an hour I was using it like I've had it for months (or maybe it was because I followed the BlackBerry 10 OS through Crackberry since the dev alpha came out =P) . Either way, it isn't hard at all, people are looking for simply stupid to use and compare it to the z10 learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:48 PM
    I try not to think of CNET - at all. Notoriously brutal against anything BlackBerry.
    03-20-13 01:54 PM
    I have had mine for a few days now. While I have not put many features through their paces I have no issue with the phone and like the larger screen and especially the keyboard. The hub is a great feature and really makes the Z10 what it is. I have been a BlackBerry person for many years and see great advances beyond the competition where it counts. I now enjoy being a blackberry user.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 07:42 PM
    yeah, whats with cnet and blackberry anyway. z10 is a great device, even for a new OS. looking forward for new feature and bug fixes to make it even greater.
    03-20-13 11:54 PM
    Cnet is about as objective as Gizmodo....

Need an example, real news agencies will backtrack on incorrect news. Others are too busy being biased.
    03-21-13 12:41 AM
    CNET is like Fox News

Batberry Z10
    03-21-13 01:22 AM