Almost everyday in my commute to and from work I ran into BlackBerry users on OS7. When I do have a chat with them and pull out my Z10 regardless of the logo they do not even think to ask if this is a BlackBerry till I put in their face jokingly (Zoom in...Zoom out).

Leacy users: "wow! I did not know there was a new Blackberry available..." The education begins...it continues...user seems interested. I do not mind being an ambassador but Mr. Chen & Co. I need help.

I am aware that the new strategy is to make the company profitable through MDM, but we need to keep the marketing of the new devices alive... at least something. Are BES10 sales coupled with BB10 devices at a low target price?

Guys, What are your thoughts with marketing to come? I know marketing has been discussed several times, but something needs to be done. Any Ad for the upcoming Superbowl event?
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    01-21-14 11:23 PM
    Almost everyday in my commute to and from work I ran into BlackBerry users on OS7. When I do have a chat with them and pull out my Z10 regardless of the logo they do not even think to ask if this is a BlackBerry till I put in their face jokingly (Zoom in...Zoom out).

Leacy users: "wow! I did not know there was a new Blackberry available..." The education begins...it continues...user seems interested. I do not mind being an ambassador but Mr. Chen & Co. I need help.

I am aware that the new strategy is to make the company profitable through MDM, but we need to keep the marketing of the new devices alive... at least something. Are BES10 sales coupled with BB10 devices at a low target price?

Guys, What are your thoughts with marketing to come? I know marketing has been discussed several times, but something needs to be done. Any Ad for the upcoming Superbowl event?
    I don't really think they have any money left in the budget to fund a marketing campaign just about now.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:25 PM
    Keep spreading word!!
    01-21-14 11:36 PM
    Keep spreading word!!
    Yup! Show your phone off Show them how we communicate with style!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:37 PM
    Exact same thing happens to me whenever I whip out my sexy Q10. With the background, the gesture moves, and having a fully-lit, beautifully crafted keyboard I got me some serious eye candy. I offer people to feel it up if they like to get a good grasp literally of the device. Once it's in their hands, their all putty :P.

BB10 is just too sleek, too easy to use, and incredibly efficient not to win notable praise.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-22-14 08:49 AM
    One thing I don't get and why BlackBerry did so is, the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of the screen in the Z10 don't hit you right in the face i.e it's not very visible unless you hold the phone at a certain angle for light to reflect on it to shine.
    It's bad imo and also the back just has the BlackBerry sign right in the middle and mostly covered by the users hand when the phone is in use. Anyone sees you using it and automatically think you're talking on an iPhone.
    I'm saying that future phones show very "in your face" branding.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:25 AM
    I just did the same thing with an acquaintance. She has a Torch, but it is getting long in the tooth, and she was not even aware that BB10 phones existed. I let her play with my Z10, and she is now getting ready to upgrade. I told her that the Q10 had a physical keyboard, and that the Z30 was bigger yet... she got that kid in the candy store look about which one to choose from...

Now if her phone company doesn't try to talk her out of it...
    01-26-14 06:21 PM
    One thing I don't get and why BlackBerry did so is, the BlackBerry logo at the bottom of the screen in the Z10 don't hit you right in the face i.e it's not very visible unless you hold the phone at a certain angle for light to reflect on it to shine.
    It's bad imo and also the back just has the BlackBerry sign right in the middle and mostly covered by the users hand when the phone is in use. Anyone sees you using it and automatically think you're talking on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with every single word you wrote, especially when it comes to having the logo in the middle of the phone being obstructed by your hand! I was a blogger and continue to maintain social media accounts where most people just assume I have an iPhone. It's only when people get up really close they can tell it's really not one... I definitely think BB should've made their logo more prominent and just above where it's currently positioned right now.

I do like educating people on the BB10 devices but at the same time they should be doing their part as well instead of relying on their loyal fans. Carriers do a really horrible job of not selling people on these devices as well, probably due to lack of education from BB's side.
    eldricho likes this.
    01-26-14 06:34 PM
    I wish ppl will stop asking for BlackBerry or hoping for BlackBerry to spend some odd $10 million US for a superb owl ad that will get replayed on the Web for a week until it's forgotten!

Forget it, give it up! They, BlackBerry doesn't have an effective message to market yet, not with that stupid open ended ad "keep moving". I mean Keep Moving where to?, how?, are you playing dodge ball? Is there a purpose to Keep Moving? On BB10 you're moving about but with a purpose not a continuance which is implied by that tag line. First BlackBerry needs to get an effective efficient and powerful ad campaign that properly embodies ALL Their business and consumer end products and services. Something that embodies Getting Things done, right the first time!! There is no bonus no job, no praise for second best. There is no saving the first opportune moment.

Once BlackBerry gets that fixed, then and ONLY then even if the have the money to burn should they even bother listening or thinking about a Tool move to spend so much for a SuperBowl ad. PS: don't ever use elephant themes again, ever!

Also I feel BlackBerry can start using the ad sensibilities now featured in their main BlackBerry Channels PIN for Print ad. Why?! Their main target market that still purchases products and services - the corporate and government clientele and their employees STILL read print ads: Time Magazine, The New Yorker, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Reuters (both make their own magazines as well), Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, etc etc across the globe. It's cheap, and VERY effective - it focuses on brand name recognition and could help swing it I to the positive. Especially of placed in line with articles favorable about BlackBerry like what we've seen across the net all last week.

Marketing and press teams really need to work closely together with Inside BlackBerry too ... carefully lining up recent deals, partnerships, acquisitions and statements from top brass. Place them in print, on the Web, and to the wire carefully spaced out. Say every two days. Some might see this as a way to manipulate stock perception or brand perception but it's NOT, I repeat NOT illegal - if it is Apple has been getting away with it for almost 20yrs now.

Limited edition devices with better performance than their common production kin, maybe limited edition production run products - to evoke premium emotions inviting premium clientele (like the Porsche P'99xx devices, bit direct from BlackBerry and Foxcon) would help immensely! Of course better materials deducted and say 2/3yr warranty would be standard. Keep one under signed NDA to never sell nor damage it publicly or on purpose or if not liked to return it, no secondary or more ownership, reserved for the most revered media BlackBerry hater! Imagine if a blog or press entry leaks about such an endeavor, and moreso if the hater LOVES it!!

Work closer to getting BB10 native apps out there from the hold outs, this seems to already be happening since early December.

Get a HIGH profile auto manufacturer to sign a deal to use QNX Cloud!! And I use the marketing team to market the crap out of that!! Get Mercedes to show how it's using it in F1!! (that is if they are, if not somebody at BlackBerry should be smacked for not working with them to implement it last season: a trial product was announced by Sept last year)

No more using cartoons to show effectiveness of how their products are used, or marketed. Apple gets my upmost respect for USING and SHOWING OFF the use of their own products! This is key because it shows potential buyers and partners of your products and services that you TRUST what you offer, what your selling and what your talking about - it's called walking the walk vs talking it!!

Has anyone seen or been able to find a picture of Mr Chen using a BlackBerry or holding it in his hands at Any conference?!? What about the other execs?! I have with Google (except chairman of the board there), and Apple. Again another subtle yet powerful action that affects brand perception. It's so subtle it's not even conscious for most of you until it's brought up.

There is so much more that should be happening.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-26-14 08:03 PM
    The IT guy where I work was like "Blackberry still makes phones?" I then showed him all the droid apps I have on it and he was a bit more impressed. He bitches about his iphone a lot.
    01-26-14 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    The logo seems to attract plenty of attention with my Z10. This one lady would not step out of way and asked gazillion questions about my phone. Her timing was awful tho. Seems like the users are the marketing team for BlackBerry, at the moment.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-26-14 08:40 PM
    ... When I do have a chat with them and pull out my Z10 regardless of the logo they do not even think to ask if this is a BlackBerry till I put in their face jokingly (Zoom in...Zoom out).

Leacy users: "wow! I did not know there was a new Blackberry available..." The education begins...it continues...user seems interested....but we need to keep the marketing of the new devices alive... at least something. Are BES10 sales coupled with BB10 devices at a low target price?

I would not be surprise @ all.
    When it comes to advertising and marketing, BB cannot afford to spend more in recent years due to the current sorry state of the financial situation in the organization.
    Mine is slightly different than what you had encountered. Most of the colleagues in the company have only strong impressions of BB device with QWERTY keyboard, but no touch screen produce. So when I pulled out my Z10, they popped the question,
    "Where did you managed to get the White HTC ONE? I've been looking..."
    I was like huh????
    01-26-14 09:01 PM
    Almost a year with a Z10, have yet to run into, see, or know someone with a BlackBerry. Here in the US, having a BlackBerry is like having an STD, they don't want it! Even when I do impress people with what the phone can do, people won't give it a chance because of the BlackBerry name. Put an Apple symbol on it and it would be the #1 phone hands down.

BlackBerry marketing is still a fail and still haven't learned a thing from the past. Look at the commercial they played during the super bowl. What's up with images of different people and different backgrounds. The Z10 should have been in the shot the entire 30 seconds. They're supposed to steer people from thinking that BlackBerry is still making 2007 phones.

10.2.1 may help as consumers can install Droid apps directly but until they market that, people won't bite.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-14 09:06 PM
    One thing that drives me nuts is seeing BB10 media stories using photos of the old phones. CBC in Canada shows an old bald man sitting on a park bench using an old bb legacy device in many of their articles to this day.
    Not sure what Mr. Chen can do to educate consumers, but it's a must no matter what moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:27 PM
    Yeah it's really too bad. We all have absolutely BEAUTIFUL devices, and all we see and hear is people who assume it's the same old BlackBerry. Iphone5 users just laugh and say that their phone is the best, when clearly the Z10 and Z30 would wipe the floor with the iphone.

Nearly every review you see from ACTUAL users is 5 stars, a lot more than any other phone can say, yet reviews from tech sites give them 3 stars just because it's BlackBerry. That's the world we live in, the Iphone5s is 1,2,3 on nearly every list, but the Z10 and Z30 aren't even in the top 10?!!! How is that possible...seriously?!! The answer...Marketing and perception is a powerful tool, and right now BB doesn't have it.

All we can do is appreciate the fact that we have a wonderful device and show others the way! BlackBerry has to focus on $$ right now, so BB10 may never really get the recognition it deserves. Hopefully going forward we will continue to see top quality devices and EVENTUALLY the rest of the world will see it too!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    01-26-14 10:44 PM
    Why not do a crowd sourced media campaign! :O like people get paid to refer people have BlackBerry devices! I'm sure that would work

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:43 PM
    DO NOT waste more money on a super bowl ad. Last year's was awful. Too long, terrible plot, and everyone is hammered and being loud and not watching/ listening to a blackberry commercial

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-28-14 12:28 AM