I was given an assignment by my teacher in my technologies class. We are to give a short presentation on a tool/app that is on our smartphone. I am the only one in my class who has a BB10 phone (and I am not ashamed). What app/tool would you recommend me present?
    11-18-13 10:49 AM
    show them BlackBerry express
    apps for presentation

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 10:51 AM
    If you have the latest leak, android runtime. If not, the hub.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:26 AM
    If possible, connect the HDMI output to a monitor or TV so people can see what you are doing on your phone.

Do your presentation on the phone itself using BlackBerry Express or a PowerPoint in Documents To Go. There are some nice slide transitions in the sample presentation document provided with Documents To Go.

Try and show something that your classmates may not be able to show on their devices. The cool things you can show are the hub and keyboard word swipe, and maybe add some words about the QNX operating system which is a the heart of BB10 devices. Do some background reading to see where QNX is used e.g. cars, nuclear power stations, military equipment, space shuttle laser camera system, medical electronics etc etc.

Another nice experiment would be to show how NFC works... see if you can get your hands on a cheap NFC tag and program it with your phone. Then you can talk about how such technology can be used for touch pairing of devices over Bluetooth or performing contactless payments.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbtino; 11-18-13 at 11:38 AM.
    11-18-13 11:27 AM
    Holy Cow man cross platform BBM!! A+ :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:39 AM
    If possible, connect the HDMI output to a monitor or TV so people can see what you are doing on your phone.

Do your presentation on the phone itself using BlackBerry Express or a PowerPoint in Documents To Go. There are some nice slide transitions in the sample presentation document provided with Documents To Go.

Try and show something that your classmates may not be able to show on their devices. The cool things you can show are the hub and keyboard, and maybe add some words about the QNX operating system which is a the heart of BB10 devices. Do some background reading to see where QNX is used e.g. cars, nuclear power stations, military equipment, space shuttle laser camera system, medical electronics etc etc.

Another nice experiment would be to show how NFC works... see if you can get your hands on a cheap NFC tag and program it with your phone. Then you can talk about how such technology can be used for touch pairing of devices over Bluetooth or performing contactless payments.

Posted via CB10
    Don't try to sell them on BlackBerry or bore them with any "history of".

BlackBerry Express is pretty cool and makes a great presentation tool.

BlackBerry Remember is a very neat tool that works along with other apps to keep you organized.

BlackBerry LINK and remote file access.

Coolest thing I have seen is BBM Video with Screen Share... but you'll need to find someone else that can help you with a live demo of that.

Go to BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101 for some ideas
    bbtino likes this.
    11-18-13 11:41 AM
    Definitely BBM. I'm sure someone in here would be more than happy to assist with the screen share.. But I strongly suggest you do NOT talk about Link. It is a POS and still needs a TON of work. Actually, I like the idea of hooking up your hdmi port and giving a presentation about BBM while using Blackberry Express. It actually is a pretty slick presentation app.
    11-18-13 12:04 PM
    What age group are you? I'm not sure if the point of your presentation is to showcase a cool app (boring) or actually illustrate some useful technology or social benefit that your smartphone brings to you or society in general.

If you want to be a real techno geek you can show how you can run another application written for a different phone on yours BlackBerry... aka Android sideloading. This demonstrates the concept of emulation and virtual machines.

You can show off DLNA if you have a computer, small TV or audio system that can support it.

Or one final suggestion is an augmented reality demo with the ARKICK application. This is a very interesting subject area.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:31 PM
    Download, install, and run an Android app.
    Demonstrate NFC
    Show off HDMI & Docs to Go by having the next/last student send you their presentation at the time and put it up on screen.
    11-18-13 01:55 PM