I just realized that my pocket has been dialing many many clients. My phone is always locked and is even set to lock after 30 seconds. It seems though the voice button between the volume still works, and the voice recognition somehow hears that pocket rustling means call "insert client here".

Isn't phone lock supposed to lock everything or is there a setting I didn't see?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:30 AM
    try use a device password, and a good case
    06-26-13 10:35 AM
    Go to settings/display and turn off Allow Gestures when Locked
    06-26-13 10:36 AM
    Allow gestures has been off since I got the phone to save battery.

As for the case, it's in a gel case but my pocket still does a good job of pressing all 3 buttons which activates the voice command

Lastly I have device password on, though it's 3 minutes. Typing in a password on blackberries is a chore at the best of times because the keys are so small and blackberry doesn't seem to understand that people want landscape... Grrrrr, sorry for the rant!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:42 AM
    Same thing happened with me as well in the beginning. I bought a leather pouch and since then nothing of this sort has happened.
    06-26-13 10:48 AM
    So I should chalk this up as another blackberry issue and not a user issue? I can't seem to find any solutions without going out and spending more money...

My list of grievances is growing out of control with no fixes in sight to any of them

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:56 AM
    Turn off the swipe to unlock feature. Make it so you have to press the lock button the swipe up rather then being able to just swipe up on a black screen

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:04 PM
    i have noticed several thread on this recently and am thinking there is a bug allowing this to happen in some of the newer builds
    06-26-13 12:04 PM
    Turn off the swipe to unlock feature. Make it so you have to press the lock button the swipe up rather then being able to just swipe up on a black screen

Posted via CB10
    Lol, you didn't even try to recreate the problem? As I mentioned above, "allow gestures when locked" is off... phone is locked down yet the voice command still activates.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:09 PM
    i have noticed several thread on this recently and am thinking there is a bug allowing this to happen in some of the newer builds
    Ya I'm thinking the same.. hopefully there's a fix before I really look foolish to my customers

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:12 PM
    If you can tap your password while the phone is in your pocket the next step would be a good case yes.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:12 PM
    Password comes on after 3 minutes... screen lockout is 30 seconds

My procedure is this... I end call, press button on top to lock screen and buttons and slide phone into pocket. I don't think my pocket is capable of typing a password. I have a hard time typing in a password in portrait mode because I have big hands.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    06-26-13 01:39 PM
    Password comes on after 3 minutes... screen lockout is 30 seconds

My procedure is this... I end call, press button on top to lock screen and buttons and slide phone into pocket. I don't think my pocket is capable of typing a password. I have a hard time typing in a password in portrait mode because I have big hands.

Posted via CB10
    Press the top button until the lock icon is displayed at the bottom of your screen, then tap that icon to disable the side keys. This will prevent the activation of the voice control, which is normally activated when locked by pressing and holding the center side key.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:00 PM