View Poll Results: Would you like to see keyboard speed dial and shortcuts in the Z10 Homescreen virtual keyboard?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES that would be really Cool... BB bring it NOW

4 80.00%
  • That would be ok... not really looking forward to that

1 20.00%
  • Not my cup of tea...not going to use it anyway

0 0%
  • That would suck, no way Jose...

0 0%
    Hi!
    With all the Q10 specs and info coming out (eg The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com) I though we started a poll to see how some hardware qwerty functions being transferred to the Z10 touch keyboard would look like an idea to users in the forum.

Swipe up from the bottom of the screen in the home screen, brings up the kayboard in the Z10. But this keyboard there is not useful for anything... no input can be made.

So I was thinking, maybe if in the home screen we could for example bring up the keyboard and prolong tap "C" could make a key speed dial to one of our contacts, or if we wrote "email cb" it could give the command to initiate an email directed to "cb" contact etc...

Since the keyboard in the home screen is not used for anything and these would be imo great added value and productivity features, I would like to ask:\
    Would you guys like to see that in the z10 happening? Yes? No?.... lets make a poll and take it to BB if enough people in here think that this would be cool!!

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails What about Keyboard speed dial and  Shortcuts on the Z10 Home screen-img_00000978.png  
    04-28-13 01:36 PM
    I Just tap the magnifying glass at the bottom.

What about Keyboard speed dial and  Shortcuts on the Z10 Home screen-img_00000406.png
    04-28-13 01:38 PM
    Very bad idea

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:38 PM
    I actually thought that we would be able to do this on the Z10 after the new update. I hope we see this soon on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:39 PM
    Very bad idea

Posted via CB10
    Please enlighten me on why it is a VERY BAD idea?
    So you would not like to be able to prolong tap and speed dial someone from the home screen directly?
    04-28-13 01:41 PM
    So you would not like to be able to prolong tap and speed dial someone from the home screen directly?
    You can do it by pressing the search icon right beside the phone, as someone else already posted.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:42 PM
    I Just tap the magnifying glass at the bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000406.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	155910
    Yeah I see your point, but for example the speed dial is not there and I thought it would be very useful. I am an ex qwerty physical keyboard BB user and one of the things I mostly miss on the Z is the speed dial feature. I would love to see that coming to the Z personally and I do not see me spending another 700USD to get my hands on a Q just for that obviously.

Thanks for your input.
    04-28-13 01:44 PM
    yeah but this is not a speed dial feature. If you have used a physical keyboard bb and really used this feature in the past, you can certainly understand the difference between the two processes.

Thanks for your input!
    04-28-13 01:45 PM