Z10 was acting terribly. It was to the point where I had to restart the phone everyday. It would freeze and even calls couldn't be made. I was starting to regret getting the phone.

Finally I backed everything up yesterday and did a factory reset and loaded back everything. Everything took about 2 hours. So far looking good. Things are much stable. I lost all side loaded android apps including Netflix. But I T's not really bothering me. Hadn't used it in months. I just want a working phone and now I think it's okay. I have to say the z10 has been the most buggy blackberry I've owned. Rim needs to do better.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:59 PM
    I start fresh every 6 months or so. No big deal.
    awindsr likes this.
    11-28-13 06:04 PM
    Depends if it all goes smoothly. Some people have problems with it. I don't see why a stable platform would have to require the consumer to that. I still enjoy the phone but have to be honest here.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 06:10 PM
    Depends if it all goes smoothly. Some people have problems with it. I don't see why a stable platform would have to require the consumer to that. I still enjoy the phone but have to be honest here.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as a counter to that.. I can't think of a device that doesn't work better after a fresh reinstall anyway. I don't think it has much to do with the stability of the platforms at all. I have iOS devices, I have Android devices and I have Windows Phone 8 devices. They all get 'gummed' up around 6 mnths of usage in one way or another, it's just that some people don't notice as much through their daily use.

I'd even argue that some folks reset their devices more often than what they generally think they do as well considering that's the number one troubleshooting step when something goes wrong. Practically every problem that arises, someone suggests resetting their device back to factory or wiping it.

They just do it, it fixes the issue and they move on never really thinking about it.
    awindsr likes this.
    11-28-13 06:38 PM
    and while your at it download 10.2 OS that should really make your Z10 rock solid! No more buggy OS LOL
    11-28-13 06:59 PM
    Well, as a counter to that.. I can't think of a device that doesn't work better after a fresh reinstall anyway. I don't think it has much to do with the stability of the platforms at all. I have iOS devices, I have Android devices and I have Windows Phone 8 devices. They all get 'gummed' up around 6 mnths of usage in one way or another, it's just that some people don't notice as much through their daily use.

I'd even argue that some folks reset their devices more often than what they generally think they do as well considering that's the number one troubleshooting step when something goes wrong. Practically every problem that arises, someone suggests resetting their device back to factory or wiping it.

They just do it, it fixes the issue and they move on never really thinking about it.
    One of the nice things about installing leaks is that your phone gets that "fresh start" because the autoloader wipe the device. I had not really thought about it until I read what you posted Bla1ze. At first I thought that to wipe and reload every 6 months is a lot of bother, but then I have been doing that a lot more frequently through leak installation.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-28-13 08:56 PM
    One of the nice things about installing leaks is that your phone gets that "fresh start" because the autoloader wipe the device. I had not really thought about it until I read what you posted Bla1ze. At first I thought that to wipe and reload every 6 months is a lot of bother, but then I have been doing that a lot more frequently through leak installation.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Exactly, people do it all the time and it just doesn't 'click'.. cause they don't really consider it a problem as it fixes whatever the REAL problem is, in your case it's upgrading your OS and it's not just on BlackBerry either, it's across the board.
    jerryeight likes this.
    11-29-13 03:45 PM