I was browsing Blackberry World (the website) from my PC, and decided I wanted one of the apps I was looking at. I also noticed a "download" button, so I clicked it and expected it to ask me to plug in my device as it used to with previous Blackberrys. HOWEVER, i was pleasantly surprised when it said "we've sent a message to your device, your download should start soon" and I look at my Z10, and low and behold, it opened Blackberry World on it's own, and began downloading that app!

This is one feature I was really into with my brief experience with Android. Google Plays ability to send apps from the website to my device was just great, and I am SUPREMELY happy to learn that I can do this with BB10 now too!

This might not be news to all of you, but I didn't know I could do this, so maybe a lot of you out there didn't either. It sure is handy!
    03-27-13 11:10 PM
    Good to know, thanks for sharing!
    03-27-13 11:12 PM
    Yes, I loved that feature on android and the first time i tried appworld on a PC I read that message and thought it has just sent a link to my Z10.
    For a moment I regretted buying the Z10 there.

But then I pick up my Z10 and see that it has already installed those apps ! Was so relieved.
    03-27-13 11:17 PM
    Didn't know that. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:18 PM
    Don't forget the QR code on the app web page. Just scan it with your phone and it will bring up the app on Blackberry world.
    03-27-13 11:22 PM
    You used to be able to install a browser plug in and download apps from the browser directly to your phone. I guess the feature you're talking about replaces this?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:22 PM
    I was browsing Blackberry World (the website) from my PC, and decided I wanted one of the apps I was looking at. I also noticed a "download" button, so I clicked it and expected it to ask me to plug in my device as it used to with previous Blackberrys. HOWEVER, i was pleasantly surprised when it said "we've sent a message to your device, your download should start soon" and I look at my Z10, and low and behold, it opened Blackberry World on it's own, and began downloading that app!

This is one feature I was really into with my brief experience with Android. Google Plays ability to send apps from the website to my device was just great, and I am SUPREMELY happy to learn that I can do this with BB10 now too!

This might not be news to all of you, but I didn't know I could do this, so maybe a lot of you out there didn't either. It sure is handy!
    never hurts to share info like that. regardless of who knows, some don't. The whole idea behind forums! PS: it can be miserable searching for preciously posted tidbits! keep it up!

From Z to U via CB10
    03-27-13 11:24 PM
    Thanks nice to know
    03-27-13 11:27 PM
    Good info

How does it handle multiple devices (like two Z10s one one account? I can select which device, right?
    03-27-13 11:30 PM
    Good info

How does it handle multiple devices (like two Z10s one one account? I can select which device, right?
    Yeah, there is a button up top that you can choose device. I have my playbook, Z10, and my old 9*** device in the list for example.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-27-13 11:32 PM

Did not know that. That is really cool
    03-27-13 11:34 PM
    Very cool. Multiple options! Thanks for sharing
    03-28-13 12:06 AM
    Yup, very cool option. Now BlackBerry needs to support BlackBerry gift cards.

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:08 AM
    My cousin has a blackberry Z10...and I have a playbook,she was calling me from her z10 using video chat. My playbook said I have a incoming call she was able to get my info from my pin I gave. Her from my bb 9850! The. Z10 gave her my contact info she was very impressed! She was going to update her phone to an iphone 5.....she loves her bb z10.
    03-28-13 12:13 AM
    My cousin has a blackberry Z10...and I have a playbook,she was calling me from her z10 using video chat. My playbook said I have a incoming call she was able to get my info from my pin I gave. Her from my bb 9850! The. Z10 gave her my contact info she was very impressed! She was going to update her phone to an iphone 5.....she loves her bb z10.
    this... i don't.... what?!
    03-28-13 12:24 AM
    Neat.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-28-13 12:44 AM