I've just received a secondhand Z10 that I bought through a "popular internet auction site".
    The phone itself is in near mint condition (the seller told me that it was an insurance replacement and was less than a month old), and overall I'm very pleased with it.
    I already have a Z10 and a Z30, so I am fairly familiar with them.

What's odd is that after carrying out a full security wipe (which takes much longer than on my other Z10), the phone will reboot and go straight to the desktop, without first taking me through the initial setup and welcome wizards. The phone defaults to US language and Reykjavik time zone, 12h format.
    I've also noticed that during boot-up there's a blue LED which stays on until the phone is fully started and the Hub is loaded.

This is also exactly the same if I try the 10.3.0.1154 autoloader, even if I do a Security Wipe after completing the 1154 installation.
    It's also the same if I do a full restore via BB Link.

I'm baffled! I know it's not a deal-breaker - the phone works perfectly in every other respect - but I'm curious as to why it's behaving differently to my other Z10 and Z30.

Can anyone offer any clues?
    10-03-14 07:55 AM
    Maybe a pre-production version and not an insurance replacement?

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.632
    10-03-14 08:22 AM
    Maybe a pre-production version and not an insurance replacement?

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.632
    How would I determine that? The only pre-production Z10 I've ever seen before was on a Blackberry training seminar pre-launch and was a lot more square in the corners. This is a white STL100-2 and aside from the colour, appears identical in every way to my black Z10.
    10-03-14 09:33 AM
    Try to use autoloader, maybe there be any problem in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:55 AM
    Try to use autoloader, maybe there be any problem in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I did, used the 10.3.0.1154 version. Still the same. :-/
    10-03-14 11:19 AM
    In my country (Vietnam) there aree many complains and rumors about this. But in 99% of the case you've bought a bad phone. How bad you may ask? Well I had a chance to go to an open market in china near VN-china border and you know what, z10s and q10s were sold by kilograms! I mean literally those are parts that make up the z10 and q10, they just put it all over the place, then somebody will buy it and assemble the device themselves. That way it will be much much cheaper, and some retailers in our country trick people to think their z10s are real, but actually it all came from china. For your case, i recommand not to panic, because all the pieces that make up a fake phone is genuine, well, or most of them. Just the flash chip is the most usual thing to be swapped with chinese fake, for security reason I dont know. As a result you see the led lights every time you boot and there is no welcome screen. Finally after a really loooooong post, my advice is that you stick with it, it is still a z10, not genuine but usable, and do not try to load rom too much or it will fry up your flash chip

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:34 AM
    That's a terrifying prospect! Is there any way I can tell for certain if it's a Chinese copy or a genuine BlackBerry product?
    10-03-14 12:58 PM
    It's a refurbished phone. Search for Verizon z30 refurbs with blue led.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:05 PM
    OK, I've discovered a big problem now. Having spent most of the afternoon setting the phone up with all the accounts, apps etc. I decided to pull the battery. When the phone booted back up it was back in default! Everything I set up was gone and the phone was completely wiped!
    Think I might have to send it back.
    Disappointed doesn't even come close...
    10-03-14 01:44 PM