The fact is many Z10s are. Most of my friends and colleagues are all experiencing one issue or another. Besides battery times between 2-6 hrs, random rebooting is back with the latest Telus update. Microphones have stopped working and all kinds of screen errors like the one below. Literally I'm doing a battery pull now twice a day because it freezes or certain apps like the phone app fails to work. Myself alongside an office of about 100 Z10s now 15 months old are wondering what to do... Will there be another device this year or not? Should we even wait on blackberry after being guinea pigs for the last 8 years? Is it worth it to jump ship to Android and come back after BB10 has gotten it's act together? What are the rest of you thinking who are experiencing problems?
    We don't care if your phone has no problems-img_20140617_092400.png
    We don't care if your phone has no problems-img_20140525_123417.png
    puttermann likes this.
    06-17-14 05:20 PM
    Have you tried a reset?

By reset I mean wipe your whole phone and start again, I know it's a b*tch but that could help stop 'System' using so much battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:25 PM
    Really wish the Z10 had released with a bigger battery... Oh well, can't turn back time and change that.

I will tell you one thing: Don't battery pull on BB10!
    This isn't legacy BBOS. Like many electronics, you should power BB10 down properly before removing the battery. (Maybe this is what you're doing; I wasn't sure from your post.)

The BB10 equivalent of a battery pull is the hard reset. This is NOT the same as a Restart.
    Hold down the top key and do not release it. Ignore all onscreen options.
    After the red LED flashes on then off, release the top button.

There's no downside to a hard reset, so virtually always use that when necessary.

EDIT:
    I am not using the word "reset" in same way as post above mine. I believe he is referring to either Security Wipe via device and/or Reload Software via Link.
    PatrickMJS and jpvj like this.
    06-17-14 05:28 PM
    Determining how widespread a problem is can be an important part of troubleshooting.
    06-17-14 05:35 PM
    As far as plans for the future, I can tell you the Z30 is much more stable to use than the Z10. While this is unfortunate for Z10 owners, it is a good sign of things to come from BlackBerry imo.

Really wish we had something firmer on release dates for next all-touch flagship!
    (Fingers crossed for some hints to be dropped at BBRY AGM this week...)
    Perhaps the "we" in the title should be changed to "I". Generally, I tend to care about the frequency of problems (since all phones will have problems) and not just that problems occur...

I agree that the Z10 battery could last longer. I think I averaged around 7 hours. I have a Z30 now, so Z10 is relegated to backup.

Posted via CB10
    Oh two things. Could Folder unavailable be memory card related?

And as for instability, within my house the Z10 on BES had a couple of issues while the "consumer" Z10 did not. it's anecdotal of course, and I have no idea why that would be the case.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:40 PM
    My phone hasn't had any problems. I love BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    cbeeches, tjseaman and Breezygirl8 like this.
    06-17-14 05:40 PM
    My phone hasn't had any problems. I love BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Lol I guess every thread will get some like you. I've loved blackberry too that's why I started in 2004 with my first and haven't strayed yet.... As for the phone now, well the random restarts are bugging me( I never had them between feb 2013 and may 2015). I also have 3 batteries to get me through the day so I can get by with that. The phone is literally freezing up now and not only mine, quite a few around me. I know about the volume buttons reset and the top button but when the phone goes wonky, nothing works. Today it was the phone app which loaded but was blank. I would close and reopen and still blank..

I know every phone has issues but I think it's the OS more then the phone. A few million Z10s and quite a few problems. A few hundred million samsungs and all I hear from everyone is how much they love them and no issues. I'm thinking after a year and a half that bb10 is progressing slower then expected.
    06-17-14 05:52 PM
    Yea, my Q10 is working flawlessly, too. BlackBerry 10 / Q10 = best phone ever.
    06-17-14 05:53 PM
    EDIT:
    I am not using the word "reset" in same way as post above mine. I believe he is referring to either Security Wipe via device and/or Reload Software via Link.
    Yes I was, sorry if I caused any confusion

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-17-14 05:54 PM
    Perhaps the "we" in the title should be changed to "I". Generally, I tend to care about the frequency of problems (since all phones will have problems) and not just that problems occur...

I agree that the Z10 battery could last longer. I think I averaged around 7 hours. I have a Z30 now, so Z10 is relegated to backup.

Posted via CB10
    Don't blast me please. I'm responsible for more Z10 sales than most sales reps. My condo floor has 11 Z10s thanks to me. My gf, sister and best friends are sporting one because of me. My office of 100 Z10s are because I played a good role in introducing bb10 to the guy that buys them for the fleet. I'm not a BlackBerry sheep but I have entrusted BlackBerry up till now and am more tech savvy then 80% of the users. So if I can't figure something after spending hours of research, then I know it's not an easy thing to grasp.. ie how 'contacts' is handled
    06-17-14 06:01 PM
    I know every phone has issues but I think it's the OS more then the phone. A few million Z10s and quite a few problems. A few hundred million samsungs and all I hear from everyone is how much they love them and no issues. .
    I guess every forum has someone like you that apparently doesn't go to other forums. The simplest of Google searches will provide tons of hits disproving this theory.
    bungaboy and bennelong like this.
    06-17-14 06:10 PM
    OK I came across wrong.. I know the others have issues. I still tell people to buy BlackBerry. I also am realistic when it comes to OS issues one over another. IOS is pretty solid, I have a 4s as well I've played with for work (I'm in home automation and need to test apps for customers. Android is what it is.. it's stable but open source and comes with its own problems depending on the hardware manufacturer. WP is still new and even though has some issues. It offers a lot to the "guy next door" that helps sell it when it comes to integration with other home hardware. Back to BlackBerry, I'm using one and things like the latest bbm update bug me a bit. Guys, I own two play books! I'm not here to toss back and forth who knows more about what. I'm here to see some cool comments like the first few from realistic people who understand and can share their stories.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-14 06:29 PM
    First of all, sorry to hear about the problems with the Z10.

The only reason why I bought my first Blackberry last October was because of all the issues I was having with my various Samsung phones. I know it is only a small sample, but all three Samsung phones I owned had problems, one of them had to be sent away for repairs twice. Very inconvenient. I am only bringing this up because of statements to the contrary made earlier.

9 months and 3 blackberries later, no issues with Blackberry, including the Z10. I know you don't care if others don't have problems with BB, but that is the case for some of us.

I hope some of the experts on here can help you.
    06-17-14 06:40 PM
    It sounds like you're a savvy user, but at the same time, it doesn't sound like you're well read on how to fix BB10 issues...

From the images you're posting, you're accessing a desktop folder that isn't available? Maybe the laptop is offline?

You have Snap installed. Perhaps some app installed via Snap is draining the battery? Are you using Taskmanager (free in BlackBerry World) to remove lingering Android apps?

If you're doing battery pulls to fix freezing issues, are you not aware that you're potentially corrupting the system with each pull, causing more problems down the line? Instead, are you doing what #3 suggests?

Perhaps the greatest problem to BB10 is legacy BlackBerry users who have found certain ways to "fix" things and have stuck with the same solutions to "fix" BB10 issues.
    06-17-14 06:51 PM
    Stop pulling the battery on your Z10!!!
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    06-17-14 08:43 PM
    My first Z10 had microphone problems. In about 30 percent of the calls I received the caller could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Replacement Z10 worked well for a few weeks, then it had random boot issues. It would reboot once a day.

Then I got the Q10 and loved it, until it would also reboot when I put it on my desk. I figured it was a loose battery conector and put a small piece of paper between the cover and battery. That worked for awhile, but the rebooting returned just not as frequently.

I finally got a new z10 from BlackBerry when they had the $100 off promotion on their website. So far it's been working good. It has only rebooted twice. Sigh.

I haven't left BlackBerry because I'm hopeful for their new devices coming later this year. And I really like BB10; I prefer it over Android or iOS. The flow of BB10 is perfect for me. I like the gestures and options. Email is a breeze to use. The HUB is easy to use. But if the same problems persist with the new devices, I just don't know... I don't want to make the decision to leave BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:09 PM
    As far as plans for the future, I can tell you the Z30 is much more stable to use than the Z10. While this is unfortunate for Z10 owners, it is a good sign of things to come from BlackBerry imo.

Really wish we had something firmer on release dates for next all-touch flagship!
    (Fingers crossed for some hints to be dropped at BBRY AGM this week...)
    I agree with this. One friend's company will only issue Z30 or Q10 for stability reasons.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 05:50 AM
    I've had the Z10 since it came out, and had maybe one or two reboots during the 8 months I had it. This was most likely a software issue with 10.1, like a lot of other people here, since it was fixed in 10.2. The battery could have been better, but it was lasting through the work day, and I had a spare battery/power supply in my pocket at all time.

After Z30 came out, my Z10 went to my brother in South Korea, and he absolutely loved the phone. He had some speaker problem one day, but it lasted maybe a week and was working as before afterward. They are obviously big Android users over there, so he installed a couple of Android apps, and it's absolutely burning through his battery with like 2 W drain, similar to yours, and empty in like 2-3 hours. He's now more conscious of what Android apps to install, and if he needs them, he would also need a charger for prolonged use. Except that, the phone works perfectly. No battery pulls, no reboots.

If you are comfortable enough, I would try an OS wipe with your phone, just to see if it fixes your freeze problems. But for power consumption, maybe you could indeed check your Android apps; several work in background and continue draining battery even if their Active Frame isn't opened.

Overall, I'm sure there's something you can do to fix at least some of your problems.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-18-14 07:14 AM
    Any problem with a z10 was fixed with a security wipe for me. Some hardware issues like the loose battery on the other hand were fixed by getting the phones warrantied. Eventually this lead to complaining enough that I was sent a z30.

Good luck. Sounds like you are out of warranty though which always sucks
    06-18-14 09:14 AM
    Lol I guess every thread will get some like you. I've loved blackberry too that's why I started in 2004 with my first and haven't strayed yet.... As for the phone now, well the random restarts are bugging me( I never had them between feb 2013 and may 2015). I also have 3 batteries to get me through the day so I can get by with that. The phone is literally freezing up now and not only mine, quite a few around me. I know about the volume buttons reset and the top button but when the phone goes wonky, nothing works. Today it was the phone app which loaded but was blank. I would close and reopen and still blank..

I know every phone has issues but I think it's the OS more then the phone. A few million Z10s and quite a few problems. A few hundred million samsungs and all I hear from everyone is how much they love them and no issues. I'm thinking after a year and a half that bb10 is progressing slower then expected.
    Samsung has no issues? Really? My son's S4 is back with the carrier for repairs for the THIRD time in less than a year. Don't let anyone sell you a bill of goods. Do some research and be better informed.

Posted via CB10
    cbeeches likes this.
    06-18-14 09:31 AM
    What OS are you running? and "latest Telus update" doesn't tell us anything. What is the OS version and Software Release?

You mentioned that you have been having issues since the latest Telus update, is it possible that the update got corrupted somehow? Have you tried, as others have suggested, doing a security wipe and reinstalling the OS? Corrupted updates do happen.

Also, as others have mentioned, it appears that you are trying to access a folder on a linked Laptop. Is it possible that the laptop is not online or that something has happened in BB Link on your laptop which is causing the issue?

As another posted pointed out, the BES connected Z10 in her house had issues recently while the non- BES Z10 was working fine. Is it just the Z10's in your office that are having these issues or are your gf's, sisters and best friends Z10's also experiencing issues?

What issues are you having with the latest BBM update that bug you?
    06-18-14 09:41 AM
    No problems here. Lol

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-18-14 11:07 AM
    My first Z10 had microphone problems. In about 30 percent of the calls I received the caller could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Replacement Z10 worked well for a few weeks, then it had random boot issues. It would reboot once a day.

Then I got the Q10 and loved it, until it would also reboot when I put it on my desk. I figured it was a loose battery conector and put a small piece of paper between the cover and battery. That worked for awhile, but the rebooting returned just not as frequently.

I finally got a new z10 from BlackBerry when they had the $100 off promotion on their website. So far it's been working good. It has only rebooted twice. Sigh.

I haven't left BlackBerry because I'm hopeful for their new devices coming later this year. And I really like BB10; I prefer it over Android or iOS. The flow of BB10 is perfect for me. I like the gestures and options. Email is a breeze to use. The HUB is easy to use. But if the same problems persist with the new devices, I just don't know... I don't want to make the decision to leave BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't read the whole thread but, had to comment on this. The new BlackBerry will have issues too. All phones have issues. Maybe in 2114 you might find a phone without issues but, you will have issues with the communication device they implant into ur head. But, you will be able to wait for the next implant. I know this sounds sarcastic but, I'm just trying to put realism into your waiting and other platform comments.
    06-18-14 11:11 PM
37 12