Nope, I have to agree with "some big marketing today. They officially announced they were up for sale" comment. Blackberry is on the block ... I smelled a rat when they were so weak in their marketing/ad campaign. They were playing the strong potential for this angle (ie, sale) from early this year, if not from "Thors inception."

YES, now I see today a couple more announcements (released yesterday) of other players joining the action. BB may be exploring all options, or some options but the vultures smell a fresh kill. This dog don't hunt ... anymore. The monkey on the back from poor BB10 unit sales has now become a fat gorilla. Where there's heavy smoke there's definitely a fire burning. BB indeed is being forced to pursue all options but only a matter of short time if they don't sell the 15-20+mm units (spoken of from near Day 1) in very short order. June was a crippler; if poor results announced in September that will be the no return and killer.

The announcement of private equity and public companies reviewing BB for sale/acquisition by major news outlets is a bad advertisement for the independent future of BB. These announcements as/if they grow will inarguably unravel the few good ads finally released by BB in the past 30 days--even if there may be some short-term plays in the BB equity pricing.

Now, let's see how things shake the next month
    08-13-13 08:03 AM
    Well that's good; about time! Hopefully we'll see a few more. Haven't seen too many in the states. I see the occasional commercial for Verizon/AT&T/Sprint but that's all. They need to step up a notch in there marketing strategy. BB10 is a great platform with great features that needs to be recognized. Sure it would be nice to have the plethora of apps that the iPhone/Android have but we'll get there. Who the hell wants an iPhone that every time your in an app and get a message you have to click the little button and then click on your messages icon. Wouldn't EVERYONE want to easily swipe up from the bottom and boom you see what you have. From there it's your call - disregard because you know it's not important or go ahead and swipe that finger all the way over to the right and do your business. No button clicking or anything. But hey, who am I to say that's something everyone would like.
    08-13-13 08:30 AM
    I just made an observation...now live with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:21 PM
    But it isn't about seeing a LOT of them. I might only see 1 diamond, but then see 100 piles of dog doo. Just because I saw MORE dog doo doesn't mean I'll want IT
    I know so many people that would argue with that.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:24 PM
    This commercial pops into my head at least once a week...

Clever? YES!!
    This commercial is hilarious!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:03 PM
    Calm down people. Increased ad presence doesn't necessarily translate to more sales. Otherwise everyone would have a Snuggie by now.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    Omg. I wish I invented the snuggie
    More role have them than you realize and the creator is almost as rich as TH!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:01 PM
    Blackberry needs to remind the OG (people with money) that they invented the smartphone, and have leaped over today's competition with performance, security, and usability (can't think of a better word right now) with BB10. And stress that you don't need special hardware to charge your phone, interface with WifFi, etc etc. Right now I think their target competitior is the Iphone. The Z10 is a beautiful phone asthetically. I've used all, blackberry, Iphone, various Android, and of course going back in time, yadayadayada.

Being the amatuer marketer (with a psych degree LOL) stress the beauty, function, and slick technology. Just sayin'.
    08-20-13 12:00 AM
    They need to play up their strengths. BlackBerry Hub is one of them.

We need to remember phones weren't meant to replace computers. BlackBerry is by far the best communication device out there. Start acting like it.

News media need to take a neutral approach on blackberry too... too much negativity and fear. it doesn't help

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:03 AM
    This commercial pops into my head at least once a week...

Clever? YES!!
    I want my 30 seconds of life back now please.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    08-20-13 01:39 AM
84 ... 234