please don't tell me that room was full of the same psycofantic babble that goes on here...
    Certainly not. There was most definitely some luv floating around for the Z10, but a lot of folks (including myself) were not hesitant to tell them what we didn't like what we wanted to see, what the competition offered that blackberry wasn't offering. It was a cool discussion forum.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-23-13 10:35 PM
    CrackBerry is a fan site. BlackBerry has its own official blogs where their employees do post. It's a lot like tv shows/actors that have their Official Sites, where you can watch full episodes/buy stuff/leave comments, but then of course their are fan sites made by fans, where other fans gather in a more "underground" atmosphere than the one managed by the PR team of the actor or whoever.

That's the thing about when Kevin interviews Thorsten Heins or Alec Saunders.. it's cool because no one would think that people that high up would take time to talk to a blog (as big as CrackBerry may seem, it's still a blog/ fan site).

If I were a BlackBerry employee though, I'd be on CrackBerry listening for sure. This is the place that people come to talk about the product nonstop, at all hours of the day. People don't talk about BlackBerry on BlackBerry's site as much as they do on CrackBerry. But would I comment and announce that I'm an employee and I'm listening? Definitely not..
    I agree, a BlackBerry employee would never get anything useful done if they identified themselves. They would just get bombarded by " I want this" "Why didn't you do it this way (my way), etc., etc.
    04-23-13 10:51 PM
    Started a while ago. Perhaps time to post the link here. Please vote. Do you really think BlackBerry is listening?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...tomers-796968/
    04-23-13 11:01 PM
    Sadly CrackBerry has become a propaganda machine for BlackBerry instead of a champion of the BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Sorry but I see it as both and I think that is how it should be. People should broadcast what they like o it will stick around and others may find joy in it as well. I also feel that people need a place to vent, find help and give support. CrackBerry is that place for those of us who feel at home with BlackBerry. Don't get me wrong there are issues here like other forums, but that's the nature of the wide range of people here.
    04-23-13 11:18 PM
    Sorry but I see it as both and I think that is how it should be. People should broadcast what they like o it will stick around and others may find joy in it as well. I also feel that people need a place to vent, find help and give support. CrackBerry is that place for those of us who feel at home with BlackBerry. Don't get me wrong there are issues here like other forums, but that's the nature of the wide range of people here.
    I was referring to CrackBerry, the corporate entity including its editorial staff.

04-23-13 11:45 PM
    There is also an immense amount of proven trolls or people with a history of bashing or contradictory posts. That's the reason you see a lot of this behavior. I also think that if the complaints are phrased politely the answers will be polite more of the time. There will always be some people shouting troll.
    It's not the community that is to be blamed but rather what's happened to it ranging from legitimate trolls to media coverage on BlackBerry that was blatantly unfair and propagated even in these forums by said trolls.

Posted via CB10
    I�m curious�what is a �proven troll�? Simply someone who disagrees with you?

And please don�t answer this with the tired old �everyone knows that the competitors plant people on Crackberry to badmouth the brand��that just doesn�t fly. And saying it a bunch of times doesn�t make it true, even if a weak-minded few adopt it as their own mantra. The simple reality is that Apple, Samsung, HTC�whoever�are not paying people to surf Crackberry. Why would they? In every single thread which has a criticism of Blackberry or one of its products, guaranteed someone will respond with �why would you come on here, a fan site, and badmouth Blackberry?� And they�d be right to make that statement. This is a fan site. Nobody is coming here to decide on what phone they want to buy. Nobody. If they were, the other thread mainstay (namely, �sorry you can�t figure out Blackberry�maybe you better stick with Apple�) would drive such people away. So if we accept that Crackberry has utility only to Blackberry enthusiasts, then you�ll agree that there�s no point in Apple, Samsung, HTC�whoever�sending in their �sleepers�. Oh�and no proof (which returns us to my original question).

Uh oh�I just realized I created a dilemma. The typical response to everything I�ve just written would be to call me a �troll�. But that would sort of prove my point, wouldn�t it?
    04-25-13 05:42 PM
    Same old RIM.

(I know it's BlackBerry now)

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 05:57 PM
    Same old RIM.

(I know it's BlackBerry now)
    If it wasn't the fact that I got myself a Z10 (which I'm partially hitting myself for) I would've jumped ship. I've been a Blackberry user for 10ish years now (since the 7000 series) but honestly what does the Z10 do that an Android phone won't. The HTC One and Samsung S4 is (almost) out and with carrier/manufacturer discounts offer at least a $100 right-off-the-bat cost savings to the Z10. (HTC One has $100 TIV promo on Telus, Samsung S4 pre-orders offered $100 if they agree to receive the device later in May) add to that a plethora of features from a mature OS.

If I wanted HDR camera with "lack of app" complaints, I wouldn't have bought a Z10. I don't buy into the "lack of apps" because everyone knows full well this is completely new OS and you can't expect developers to drop everything to support a platform that has very few users relative to iOS/Android.

What I DO smack Blackberry for, is that the BB10 experience while rich, almost completely ignores what legacy OS developers have been doing for over 10 years. It's the new kid who thinks they know everything and doesn't need the wisdom and years of experience of the older folk who paved their path.

It's been almost 3 months since launch and I know I'm not the only person wanting power user OS7 features in BB10. Who was in the BB10 development focus groups? Instagrammers and hipsters?! Hub++ tries to tackle many of the OS7 features lacking (profiles, alerts, filters, etc.) but if BB is depending on 3rd party developers to address these shortcomings (limited to what the API offers) then it's shortsighted and Blackberry deserves to fail. If Blackberry can't capture current BB users, how do they expect the masses to drop their beloved iPhones and Androids?

I WANT TO BELIEVE... but it's like Blackberry wants me to leave. The BB support staff is incredible and I've gotten phone calls a week after to followup on issues I've had. But they're simply a cog in the BB wheel - I can't blame them for any failures.
    ihys likes this.
    04-25-13 07:01 PM
    Sadly CrackBerry has become a propaganda machine for BlackBerry instead of a champion of the BlackBerry user.

And thats a fact Jack!!!
    04-25-13 07:07 PM
34 12