So my secondary phone, my Z10, was outside with me one sunny day as I was washing the car so I carefully placed it behind the garage which is covered by some sort of green fabric. Long story short, my dad decided to wash the garage fabric by hosing it down which resulted in my Z10 being soaked with water + the mud that came off the garage mesh on the other side.

I Immediately took out the battery and dried it up and left it for a couple of days. Turned it back on and everything is fine. Now, my phone has a very rare occasional restart when it's idle, but I can easily force it to restart simply by shaking the device! So I'm a bit confused here.

The phone is in excellent condition and has been more or less my "home" phone which I use to surf, email, social media, etc. It's not the end of the world if it's done, but I'd hate to see it go. I'm ready to open it up, any ideas or am I out of luck?
    09-22-14 11:34 AM
    Hi. Did you put in rice or anything? It could have damaged something but you can try the card trick with the battery to make it more snug in the compartment.
    09-22-14 11:42 AM
    Hi. Did you put in rice or anything? It could have damaged something but you can try the card trick with the battery to make it more snug in the compartment.
    Honestly no I didn't do the rice trick, just left it hanging. I have a spare battery which I used and the phone still restarts. Also tried pushing down on the battery to prevent it from restarting which didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:31 PM
    Maybe clean the contacts? Both battery and phone?
    Vector-SS likes this.
    09-22-14 03:27 PM
    Maybe clean the contacts? Both battery and phone?
    Just cleaned the contacts on both with some rubbing alcohol. Shake shake and the phone hasn't restarted yet. Hopefully the problem is as simple as that.

Just as a precaution, i've put it in a bag of rice and will leave it there a few days.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-23-14 04:44 AM

Just as a precaution, i've put it in a bag of rice and will leave it there a few days.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully off with the battery out. Unlikely to do any good at this point as any damage would have been done. But it won't hurt, so worth doing.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-23-14 08:43 AM
    It's refreshing and indexing, this will happen for about a week then should be fine

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:49 PM
    Hopefully off with the battery out. Unlikely to do any good at this point as any damage would have been done. But it won't hurt, so worth doing.
    It was without the battery

It's refreshing and indexing, this will happen for about a week then should be fine

Posted via CB10
    The phone after the water damage you mean?

Well the phone seems to be acting normally now, no more restarts that I've noticed in the past 24 hours or so and hopefully it stays that way. I will be back if it starts restarting again

Thanks everyone!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-24-14 02:15 PM