Well Blackberry is coming through. It took a week to sort out and an email with pics of the crack and the Blackberry case but Blackberry has agreed to replace the screen at no charge.
    03-27-13 03:09 PM
    Well Blackberry is coming through. It took a week to sort out and an email with pics of the crack and the Blackberry case but Blackberry has agreed to replace the screen at no charge.
    Customer Care is awesome, they also replaced my PlayBook for free once. Wasn't even under warranty.

Thanks for the headsup. That's one less option on my list for Z10 protection.
    03-27-13 03:41 PM
    I use the INCIPIO OVRMLD case and its comes on and off very easily and offers great protection and the same time.
    03-27-13 04:09 PM
    Hello all,
    I have my z10 covered with Nillkin flip case, i accidently dropped it this morning and now the loudspeaker is dead. Can't hear any incoming calls, no sound on video and no keyboard clicks. But i can still make phone calls and everything else works. Sadly, i'm in indonesia. I used to have bad experience with blackberry customer service. I will try to contact them again this time and find out what they will say about it. I'm very disappointed with how fragile my z10 is. It was dropped from about 50cm high and the case was closed face down

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:33 AM
    Regarding the flip case,
    I really like it, I know what you mean about the tightness,
    I got around this by very carefully filing the two right hand side lip corners, on the inside if you know what I mean.
    It doesn't need a lot of filing. And the phone is still very secure in the case but also very easy to take out.
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:44 AM
    I'm using skinomo carbon fiber protection.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:55 AM
    Sorry I don't agree with you on this. No one else has had this happen, you're the only one, so it's not an issue with weak screen corners or anything like that. I and everyone else puts and takes off covers everyday with not problem. Even though you were very careful you must has done something wrong, pushed on the glass or something like that. I don't see why your are blaming Blackberry for your accident.

If you can get Bell or Blackberry to replace it, go of it, no harm in trying, but i don't think you should blame them.
    04-24-13 01:37 PM
    Cheers to that
    My old nexus one slid off more airplane cowlings and wings than I can remember
    04-24-13 01:50 PM
    Warning on this case, or others. I have has this case for a few weeks. I was just taking my BB out of the case and lightly pushing down on the tip left corner to flip the edge off the bottom right. Hear a pop and looked at the BB. The top right corner of the screen is now cracked, a full triangle from about a thumb width down the side across to between the speaker and light. The entire top of the BB is now dead to the touch and I can not access any swipe down menus. Be very careful when removing the BB from the case, I have done so many times with no issue and I was not pressing hard at all.

I am going to fight this one out with Bell and Blackberry as removing from an OEM case should not crack the screen from light thumb pressure.
    I have the flip case and it is a tight fit which I see as a good thing, you can loosen it up a bit with use. I would have recommended against pushing down on the screen with your thumb. I always pushed on the top and bottom bezels.
    04-24-13 02:09 PM
    Ah crap, that sucks my friend. Good luck, sounds like you're entitled to a swap out, hope they don't give you a hard time. If Bell gives you a hard time, I would definitely call Blackberry. You have a warranty, remember!
    Warranties don't cover physical breakage only manufacturer defects. That's what insurance is for.
    04-24-13 02:13 PM
    The roughness and toughness of past blackberries seems to be gone.
    The Q10 is a more traditional BB form factor I would expect that one to have the same great build quality that BB is known for.

In terms of the Z10, it certainly doesn't feel like a cheap handset. At least its not made of glass.
    04-24-13 02:19 PM
    Just received my leather PDair case which protects my Z10 nicely. The Z10 slides down into the case length ways, so all I need to do to get it out of the case is to gently push it up. This puts no stress or strain on the screen at all.
    Which one did you pick up exactly? I see several designs on their site.
    04-24-13 02:21 PM
    Ouuuchhh I was about to buy one looks like I'm going naked for a bit

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-24-13 04:42 PM
38 12