Warning on this case, or others. I have has this case for a few weeks. I was just taking my BB out of the case and lightly pushing down on the tip left corner to flip the edge off the bottom right. Hear a pop and looked at the BB. The top right corner of the screen is now cracked, a full triangle from about a thumb width down the side across to between the speaker and light. The entire top of the BB is now dead to the touch and I can not access any swipe down menus. Be very careful when removing the BB from the case, I have done so many times with no issue and I was not pressing hard at all.

I am going to fight this one out with Bell and Blackberry as removing from an OEM case should not crack the screen from light thumb pressure.
    robkd, diegonei, root and 3 others like this.
    03-17-13 12:43 PM
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Hopefully the manufacturer can help you out.

...one more reason to go naked.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:46 PM
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Hopefully the manufacturer can help you out.

...one more reason to go naked.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100% on going naked.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:49 PM
    Ah crap, that sucks my friend. Good luck, sounds like you're entitled to a swap out, hope they don't give you a hard time. If Bell gives you a hard time, I would definitely call Blackberry. You have a warranty, remember!
    03-17-13 01:17 PM
    Ouch that sucks man. Hopefully you will get something out of all this.

I recently sidelined my casemate barely there shell because it was way too tight and it was a struggle to take off the phone from it as I felt I was going to snap something.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:21 PM
    That's why I'm seriously thinking of going with a Phantom Skinz cover

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:25 PM
    Faaack!!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-13 01:31 PM
    Good luck! Hope bell or BlackBerry will play ball with you.

I returned my flip case after 24 hours when I had to use a butter knife to get my phone out. I have the oem keyboard and case for my PlayBook and thought it would be the same - gentle press on the bottom corner to get it to pop out.

Now I just use the pouch for traveling and trust to a screen protector for the rest. Hope to heck I don't drop it. I think the Z10 is likely not as forgiving as my curve was.

Posted via CB10
    04TNCobra likes this.
    03-17-13 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the well wishes on a replacement. I am sure bell or blackberry will step up to the plate. I manage our corporate devices and mine is the first of a possible 50+ phones. The corporate contract is also due in a month so I have a bit of weight to discourage being brushed off. I do know that normally any screen damage is 'non warranty' but in this case the screen damage is a direct result of the OEM case. I will post some pics later.

The interesting thing is once you cracked the glass, any part above the crack becomes dead to the touch. This is because the digitizer and glass are a single panel. Iphones and Samsung are two panels so if the glass breaks the digitizer will continue to work.

Posted via Z10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    03-17-13 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the warning. I have a flip case too, but awaiting on a leather PDair case to arrive to protect it better. May just go naked until the new case arrives if there is a possibility of my Z10 getting damaged taking it out of the case!

Good luck with you battle. Blackberry should cover this as they designed both the phone & the case.
    03-17-13 03:46 PM
    Yeah, the flip case is really tight. I thought I would scuff the corners trying to release it. I didn't imagine it would break the screen though.

Since then, I returned the flip case and got the transform case instead. It's a lot more loose and easy to take off.
    03-17-13 03:53 PM
    Agree 100% on going naked.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible for everyone, such as a mechanic. Maybe with a pouch I guess..

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:00 PM
    OP - Sucks. Please keep us updated as to how you are treated, I think we all want to know.

I've been going naked a lot recently too. I like the extra protection of the case, but I don't like the feel or the bulk. When I'm traveling a lot I use the case, but when I'm at work I take it out.

(I use the black 2-piece hard plastic CaseMate case)

Good luck!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:13 PM
    Not possible for everyone, such as a mechanic. Maybe with a pouch I guess..

Posted via CB10
    I was a mechanic for years, I would leave my iphone on the workbench. Only way to keep it safe! I dropped it into an engine one day, and it landed face down on a stud! Punched a hole straight through the hard screen protector I had - I don't know how my screen survived!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:15 PM
    I put mine in and take it out of its flip case every day. It gets a little easier with time and you have to sort of work it out by pressing/freeing each corner just a little before pulling on the phone from above.
    03-17-13 04:19 PM
    I was a mechanic for years, I would leave my iphone on the workbench. Only way to keep it safe! I dropped it into an engine one day, and it landed face down on a stud! Punched a hole straight through the hard screen protector I had - I don't know how my screen survived!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I leave mine on my box.

Posted via CB10
    RowdyGinger likes this.
    03-17-13 04:20 PM
    problem is they might have a hard time believing the case did it and not you accidentally dropping it.
    03-17-13 05:05 PM
    As a side note and likely another forum issue... but on a glass related matter... My fingers are scrolling and must be holding too long as I am randomly liking posts on this CB10 app. Anyone find the glass too sensitive at times?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-17-13 06:23 PM
    As a side note and likely another forum issue... but on a glass related matter... My fingers are scrolling and must be holding too long as I am randomly liking posts on this CB10 app. Anyone find the glass too sensitive at times?

Posted via CB10
    I do that too. Lol. You can remove it from the computer but not from the app.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:54 PM
    My question would be, why are you taking it out of the case so much? Are you having to do battery pulls? Phones/cases are made for the phone to be put in and left alone. I am waiting for my phone but I have the flip case and OtterBox Defender, most likely I will use the OtterBox.
    03-17-13 07:08 PM
    My question would be, why are you taking it out of the case so much? Are you having to do battery pulls? Phones/cases are made for the phone to be put in and left alone. I am waiting for my phone but I have the flip case and OtterBox Defender, most likely I will use the OtterBox.
    I don't take it out of the case a lot. To be honest I normally do not use a case and only a screen protector. In this instance I was taking the BB out of the OEM case in order to switch cases. I work for an industrial manufacturing company and as such I need to review and and decide which cases will roll out with the Z10 to employees based on their position. IE flip case for sales reps vs Otter for plant foremen. I also have to test the reliability and the ruggedness of the phones. We are more likely to be rolling out Q10 and Z10 based on position as the Z10 just seems to be 'more breakable' due to the large surface area of the screen. The roughness and toughness of past blackberries seems to be gone. I can't tell you the condition of some working blackberries I have seen over the years. I am also aware that in the plant we have 3 out of 4 bolds with cracked screens but the touch panels still work. This is going to be a big difference if it means a cracked screen is a dead screen and there is no other way to navigate the device such as a track pad.
    03-18-13 09:58 AM
    Warning on this case, or others. I have has this case for a few weeks. I was just taking my BB out of the case and lightly pushing down on the tip left corner to flip the edge off the bottom right. Hear a pop and looked at the BB. The top right corner of the screen is now cracked, a full triangle from about a thumb width down the side across to between the speaker and light. The entire top of the BB is now dead to the touch and I can not access any swipe down menus. Be very careful when removing the BB from the case, I have done so many times with no issue and I was not pressing hard at all.

I am going to fight this one out with Bell and Blackberry as removing from an OEM case should not crack the screen from light thumb pressure.
    100% right. Though Flip case is nice, but removing the phone out from the case is not easy. I am always scared it might hurt the phone. I wish the flip case was better, easy to remove and there was some sort of a lock for the door as it easily opens by itself.
    03-18-13 10:02 AM
    I've been trying to decide on a case since the announcement back in January. I looked again after I pre-ordered last week and I can't seem to find one I like. I'd been thinking either transform or flip but I really don't like the way either of them look. I don't want to go non-OEM but it appears I would be better off. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.
    03-18-13 10:11 AM
    I've been trying to decide on a case since the announcement back in January. I looked again after I pre-ordered last week and I can't seem to find one I like. I'd been thinking either transform or flip but I really don't like the way either of them look. I don't want to go non-OEM but it appears I would be better off. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.
    If you're all right with using the phone without a case on it (the battery door is very grippable if you're using the black one), then I'd recommend the leather pouch. Keeps it safe when you're not using it, and lets you show off the phone's beauty when you are.

JB
    03-18-13 10:14 AM
    Just received my leather PDair case which protects my Z10 nicely. The Z10 slides down into the case length ways, so all I need to do to get it out of the case is to gently push it up. This puts no stress or strain on the screen at all.

Now I can ditch my flip case which I never really liked too much anyway.

Edit : forgot to mention I also took off my screen protector. Gasp!!

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    Last edited by knighty2112; 03-18-13 at 11:50 AM.
    03-18-13 10:57 AM
38 12