My wish is that actual BlackBerry reps would go to carrier stores and demo the phones for awhile. When they leave they need to make sure the reps have mastered the device and can talk it up and know how to troubleshoot.
    Your point resonates with me. I was in a TMo store the other day just trolling for BB accessories (of which, they had NONE, nada, nothing). The store was clearly being remodelled / reconfigured, and all phones were lined along one wall on their displays, no ryme or reason to it. Looked like a tornado went thru the place.

I asked "what's going on, you moving?" (the whole center of the store was like a pool table, just open space. They said, "no, no, Apple will be in next week and we will be setting up all the displays for the iphone, and they are all going there", pointing to the empty part of the store (90% of the floor space) and waving his hand in a circular motion....

BB: It's called marketing, BRANDING and customer/retailer support (!)
    Branding appears to be a foreign, or 4-letter word, at BB right this moment. They ain't got none. The "customer" in this contxt being the CARRIER. IF Apple views the carriers as their CUSTOMERS, and BB views the carriers as their "OUTLET", that may be what's contributing to this issue we look at as "a lack of respect for BB" or "purposly trying to tank BB" ---- the latter of which I do NOT believe.

It's all touch-time with the folks selling it. If BB sent an army of folks into a retail market, helped set up the displays and demanded standards for their displays, this may probably change quickly.

Back to acessories. Do you think for one minute that this TMo store won't have every and any iphone accessory on the market when this remodel is done in the store? Heck, TMo didn't even have ONE forking case or holster or other BB accessory anywhere in the store. I was told I could order it on-line (no-$hit, but I am HERE in front of you, buddy).

All I'm saying is, I think there is blame to distribute, and BOTH have to share a piece of of that pie. TMo for not taking it seriously, or not caring, and BB for not having a better marketing/sales and launch strategy and MAKING them care. I mean, how many posts have there been from US customers (and some overseas customers) about the train-wreck that was called the Z10 launch? I got my Z10 on lauch day at my local TMo store, and the guy had to go in the back and see if he had one. He came back, saying, "wow we actually have one, must have come in today --- didn't see it until now". I mean, really?

Some years ago, when nav systems were all the rage, before smartphones became a viable alternative to the GPS device, TomTom went theu a similiar issue in the US, and lost it. I was looking for a particular TomTom model. Went into three stores, all saying we don't have it, don't know if we're going to get it, and heck, haven even talked to a TomTom rep in months. The Garmin guys are thru here 3-4x per week. BTW, have you considered a Garmin?

I did get the TomTom I wanted, but, there you have it. Let's not pile on the carriers exclusively, there IS another variable, or two, in this equation. Just sayin.
    alanselewa likes this.
    05-31-13 10:53 AM
    When I purchased my Z10 at TMO in El Paso, TX the rep was knowledgeable, but since I'm a Crackberry member I already knew what to do. I was surprised he knew what he was doing because they didn't go all out in promoting the Z10. He. Said they received three initially and I was getting the 3rd one.
    05-31-13 09:18 PM
    When I purchased my Z10 at TMO in El Paso, TX the rep was knowledgeable, but since I'm a Crackberry member I already knew what to do. I was surprised he knew what he was doing because they didn't go all out in promoting the Z10. He. Said they received three initially and I was getting the 3rd one.
    Only 3 got shipped in? Is that what you mean?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:30 PM
28 12