Just wondering around bored at work, so I come across the front and I see some guy buying a new phone.... a z10!!! got me excited so I went over and told him great choice and he explained his love for BlackBerry and pulled out his old curve. So whatever I went on with my own business but I still kinda payed attention. Sad thing I heard is the sales Rep didn't really know how to use the z10 :| he got the phone started put his contacts in and sent him off? Can't do that!!!! I pulled him to the side and showed him all the neat gestures and explained how the hub works even set up his email (which rep should have done) it's cool he got the phone but I feel like the T-Mobile stores don't even bother know the phone they are selling... at least in the US. Didn't even have it on display.. had to ask for demo!!! USA does not want BlackBerry to succeed, that's how I feel.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 11:16 AM
    The T-Mobile stores around here (Philly) do have it on display an the reps are trained. I guess it's all in where you go and who manages the shop.
    05-30-13 11:24 AM
    i agree.. thank god i know how to use the Z10 and im a Crackberry user , because the T-Mobile rep didn't show me ANYTHING (literally NOT 1 thing) about the phone. i dont think the words Blackberry came across his lips to be honest. i was very surprised. little did he know i've worked at and with Verizon Wireless and Sprint for 8+ years... worst experience purchasing a phone in-store ever !!!
    05-30-13 11:46 AM
    The 2 T-Mobile stores next to me have dummy z10's on display , both locations claim that the phones were stolen from display, and both stores are 27 miles apart,not sure if it's bs or not.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:09 PM
    TMO store here in The Netherlands (city of Nijmegen) not a single BB on the display, neither in the stock. I have asked - why? - Nobody wants them,- was the answer. Sales rep told me that some stores in the country (!!!) have them in the stock and asked if i would like him to find out for me which.... Presence of BB here in the NL is close to none.
    But then again it's not like i really care if anybody wants BB or not, i have my Z10 and i love it.
    alanselewa likes this.
    05-30-13 12:21 PM
    It is not just T-Mobile. My local ATT store did not have a display at all and the Z10 was in the far back corner of the store. My rep was nice but did not know anything about the phone
    PrettiiBadOne419 likes this.
    05-30-13 12:23 PM
    The 2 T-Mobile stores next to me have dummy z10's on display , both locations claim that the phones were stolen from display, and both stores are 27 miles apart,not sure if it's bs or not.

Posted via CB10
    All the display phones are dummies in the T-Mobile stores in my area because they do have a huge theft problem. If you ask the salesperson to show you a live phone, they usually have them hidden behind the counter. It's sad, but thats the world we live in now.

Most the stores around my area are all pro iPhone5 and Android, most feel Blackberry has taken to long to get a new product to the market here in the USA and the their app store is way behind the competition and that's a huge selling point for any smartphone sold here in the USA. Like it or not that's just the way the market is here and Blackberry is going to have to lure their older clients back and that's going to take time.
    alanselewa likes this.
    05-30-13 12:23 PM
    All the display phones are dummies in the T-Mobile stores in my area because they do have a huge theft problem. If you ask the salesperson to show you a live phone, they usually have them hidden behind the counter. It's sad, but thats the world we live in now.

Most the stores around my area are all pro iPhone5 and Android, most feel Blackberry has taken to long to get a new product to the market here in the USA and the their app store is way behind the competition and that's a huge selling point for any smartphone sold here in the USA. Like it or not that's just the way the market is here and Blackberry is going to have to lure their older clients back and that's going to take time.
    Very true. People who never owned a blackberry in the life are very unlikely to go buy a z10. They're eyes are stuck on iPhone & galaxy. Need are old clientele back.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:33 PM

But what I don't understand is why the z10 is the only one with a dummy display. IPhone 5 has a huge corner to itself with a live display, and the other phones are all live displays.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:32 PM
    Fear not. The girl who sold me my Z10 here in Ontario at Rogers knew nothing about the Z10. In fact, she asked my why I wasn't getting a Samsung like "like everyone else".

Really depends on the staff and the store.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:41 PM
    Fear not. The girl who sold me my Z10 here in Ontario at Rogers knew nothing about the Z10. In fact, she asked my why I wasn't getting a Samsung like "like everyone else".

Posted via CB10
    That's just disrespectful

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:25 PM
    True and true

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:28 PM
    T-Mobile employees rarely know anything about new BlackBerrys. They probably don't even know when the Q10 is coming.

Good job helping that person though. That was nice of you

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-30-13 06:01 PM
    Sad state of affairs in T-Mobile US retail stores when T-Mobile call customer service is excellent. I have called them two times since I bought the z10. Both times the CSRs knew the issues and how to find effective work arounds, where available. In both cases they shared operational info I didn't have that I have used. Love the z10, warts and all.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 06:50 PM
    Someone give the OP a cookie.
    05-30-13 06:52 PM
    "Walked in to T-Mobile store." You should be more careful!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 06:55 PM
    US carriers are (I feel) the biggest waste of space and buzz kill BlackBerry has going for them right now. I'm not saying we have better representation up here in Canada because I'm sure some Canadians have run into this same scenario. What I can tell you is when I was an in-store consultant for one of the big 3, I knew as much as I possibly could about everything we sold. We made commission on everything we could sell, why would I not line my pockets with potential income, because I didn't learn the product? So when I hear story's like this, I go crazy thinking about how much potential commission these reps are losing for themselves and how much companies like T-Mobile are not having their consultants maximize on every person that walks through their doors.

That being said, if US carriers aren't paying any commissions to their employees then of course there is no incentive for a consultant to learn anything they sell in the store on minimum wages. They'll simply sell what they already know and are comfortable with.
    05-30-13 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    When the z10 first came out, the Bell girls near me couldn't put it down.

They also jacked my LE for a while when they saw it lol.

For Wind Mobile they were excited about the z10. But also took my LE to play with it (two different stores).

All locations have been respectful though and had working z10s on display. But in Canada we seem to care a bit more for bbry for some reason on average.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:50 PM
    US carriers are (I feel) the biggest waste of space and buzz kill BlackBerry has going for them right now. I'm not saying we have better representation up here in Canada because I'm sure some Canadians have run into this same scenario. What I can tell you is when I was an in-store consultant for one of the big 3, I knew as much as I possibly could about everything we sold. We made commission on everything we could sell, why would I not line my pockets with potential income, because I didn't learn the product? So when I hear story's like this, I go crazy thinking about how much potential commission these reps are losing for themselves and how much companies like T-Mobile are not having their consultants maximize on every person that walks through their doors.

That being said, if US carriers aren't paying any commissions to their employees then of course there is no incentive for a consultant to learn anything they sell in the store on minimum wages. They'll simply sell what they already know and are comfortable with.
    Carriers are made up of 1000s of employees and with those employees come bias. Because BlackBerry has been out of the picture for so long you have to realize it will take time to get some respect back.

My advice for Crackberry nation is to educate people and to BlackBerry employees - keep doing what you are doing and keep those apps coming!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:33 PM
    But then again it's not like i really care if anybody wants BB or not, i have my Z10 and i love it.
    =) Man, I SO feel you on that!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:36 PM
    Yeah not T-Mobile. But when we bought my wife her Z10 the rep was trying to set it up. (he had an iPhone). I was like.. "um thanks but I will handle it". The guy obviously had not used one at all and he was one of the senior employees at this VZW store. I let him activate the SIM then we got the heck out of there.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-30-13 08:38 PM
    Yeah not T-Mobile. But when we bought my wife her Z10 the rep was trying to set it up. (he had an iPhone). I was like.. "um thanks but I will handle it". The guy obviously had not used one at all and he was one of the senior employees at this VZW store. I let him activate the SIM then we got the heck out of there.
    Lolollolo made me laugh! Get that s*** and go!!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:31 PM
    When I went to Tmo a couple weeks before the Z10 launched, they told me that mgmt had just attended a big shindig about the phone and were really excited about it. Then on launch day they didn't have any demo units yet, but both of the reps were very interested as they helped set it up.

When it comes to carriers, and think lack of enthusiasm results from lack of communication, lack of caring (low paying jobs, kids just wanting to get through the day), and a catch 22 situation. Reps see the public not really taking notice of the phone so they don't push it, but the public might not take notice because they don't hear the reps talking it up.

My wish is that actual BlackBerry reps would go to carrier stores and demo the phones for awhile. When they leave they need to make sure the reps have mastered the device and can talk it up and know how to troubleshoot.
    bungaboy and alanselewa like this.
    05-30-13 09:37 PM
    My sister is planning to get a Z10 this weekend. We are going to the Montebello Town Center store. I hope that the sales rep that helped me buy mine two months ago will be there. He was knowledgeable and helped set me up, so I'd like him to get the commission.
    05-30-13 11:20 PM
    When I went to Tmo a couple weeks before the Z10 launched, they told me that mgmt had just attended a big shindig about the phone and were really excited about it. Then on launch day they didn't have any demo units yet, but both of the reps were very interested as they helped set it up.

When it comes to carriers, and think lack of enthusiasm results from lack of communication, lack of caring (low paying jobs, kids just wanting to get through the day), and a catch 22 situation. Reps see the public not really taking notice of the phone so they don't push it, but the public might not take notice because they don't hear the reps talking it up.

My wish is that actual BlackBerry reps would go to carrier stores and demo the phones for awhile. When they leave they need to make sure the reps have mastered the device and can talk it up and know how to troubleshoot.
    Smart idea with the BlackBerry reps at stores but it would never happen. If it did, it wouldn't be BlackBerry it would be Samsung with the "Samsung Experience" they are coming out with.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:22 AM
28 12