• Ghost Glass

2 14.29%
  • Martin Fields

0 0%
  • Zagg

3 21.43%
  • Other

8 57.14%
    Just picked up a Z10 and wanted to get a sense of what people think is the best screen protector available.
    08-27-13 01:21 PM
    NAKED feels best!
    08-27-13 01:25 PM
    Zagg.

Because he's worth it.
    08-27-13 01:27 PM
    MIME Ghost Glass

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:31 PM
    MIME Ghost Glass

Posted via CB10
    You forgot to vote for it in the poll.
    08-27-13 01:38 PM
    You forgot to vote for it in the poll.
    Dam CB10. Y U nooooooo let me see poll..

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:45 PM
    Clearplex. It will stop a small caliber bullet.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    potatoguy likes this.
    08-27-13 02:38 PM
    Clearplex - feels like the original glass and is virtually invisible. My daughter saw it on my phone and instantly wanted to change her protector.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and R Field like this.
    08-27-13 03:38 PM
    I went with something called Fosmon clear.
    08-27-13 03:41 PM
    Had a bunch of generic ebay note 2 protectors lying around. Cut to fit the z. Works perfect. Paid 5 bucks shipped for 5

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:43 PM
    I have the ulra clear from Clarivue, really nice, feels like it isn't even on... Blackberry Z10 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector from Clarivue

But this XT Glass is now available for the Z10 which looks pretty nice... Blackberry Z10 XT-Glass Screen Protector from Clarivue

Does anyone here have the XT Glass? If so, please let us know what you think.
    08-27-13 04:58 PM
    I got the Tech Armor for my Z10. Went on extremely easily with no distortion or bubbles. Easiest I ever applied. Since then I have bought Tech Armor for 2 more devices. Same results for those devices as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B7D...bUvbUpU9079726

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:21 PM
    The two that I use on my devices are either the ZAGG ( HD )

Or SGP ones. Best 2 on the market IMO.

Recently put on a ZAGG on my Z10 and SGP on my nexus 7 2.
    08-27-13 06:33 PM
    Clear Plex ! because its just that good!!
    08-27-13 06:40 PM
    Ordered the clearplex. Installed it today. The jury is still out on the touch, clarity, feel, etc. It'll take a few days till I have an opinion on those things, which are really what I care about most. But....so far I am very disappointed with this screen protector and the company.

First of all, I hate the way it uses a cutout for the camera etc. at the top right of the phone. My previous protector was even worse (little cutout around each one which would lift up when you swiped down). The best solution is to cover the entire glass face! Argh.

Second, it is not cut properly. It does not fit side to send top to bottom correctly. So you have to position it one way or another to your liking, which means compromising on one side or the other of the device. Totally unacceptable. Cut the damn thing properly!

Third, they say to use a cardboard squeegee w/ the included lint cloth - but I had no cardboard in m package. Unless they're referring to a cardboard that is roughly three times the size of the phone, which is useless. The video I saw had a credit card sized piece of cardboard. Again, not a problem, I used a business card and a plastic hospital card.

Fourth, the solution in that spray bottle did not remove the gunk from my previous protector. I sprayed. I wiped. But there were large spots that didn't look right. I'm glad I didn't ignore that. I then tried isopropyl alcohol - which still did not work. I remembered I had some eyeglass lens cleaner wipes from CVS (a gift from an ex American gf . Those suckers worked beautifully! A quick wipe and my Z10 screen looked as clean as the day I got it. Wonderful.

Fifth, shipping to Canada is too expensive. It's ridiculous that they shipped this to Canada with tracking and via xpresspost. I understand their concern, but the item is cheap enough, that they should just ship it first class mail. Most people are honest. I ended up paying $26 ($10 shipping for a $17 item). That's silly. I could have ordered two protectors for another $8.

If the glue and smear marks under the protector go away in the coming days, as I expect they will, and it stays in place over time (I mounted it flush to the bottom because most of the time we're swiping up), I"ll be pleased with the purchase. I can already tell that it feels much smoother and glass-like than my previous el cheapo screen protector. But the company needs to get their sh*t together.

Just wanted to write this post so that others ordering this item will be fully informed.
    09-16-13 11:47 PM
    MIME Ghost Glass

Posted via CB10
    How hard is it to apply without getting bubbles? I presume it is more rigid or less pliable than most other types of protectors when trying to apply it. Can it be lifted if a bit of dust gets in while it was being applied?
    09-17-13 12:18 AM
    How hard is it to apply without getting bubbles? I presume it is more rigid or less pliable than most other types of protectors when trying to apply it. Can it be lifted if a bit of dust gets in while it was being applied?
    You've got ONE shot to apply it. I cleaned the heck out of my screen and still got one little speck of dust under the glass. I had one bubble at the top left that came out after I pressed firmly on it for a few seconds three days after application.

Although it's one hell of a kickass product, I recently removed mine. Not only was the proximity sensor on the fritz and pissing me off, but at the bottom corner, the adhesive layer bonding the glass to the Z10's screen got a little crinkle. I imagine it's from me digging my phone out of my pocket in a hasty manner. Because of the crinkle, I got a air pocket that wouldn't go away. I attempted to lift the glass to fix it but the bubble got even larger. When I removed it, I was able to examine the wrinkle & that's how I determined it had to be from my nail...or perhaps excessive heat. As I attempted to fix it, I snapped the glass with a lot less force than I thought possible.

Here's a pic:

Vote for Your Favorite Z10 Screen Protector-img_20130842.jpg

As you can see, that stupid wrinkle ruined my sweet screen protector.
    09-17-13 08:16 PM