Greetings, love the z10, upgraded from my bold 9900 and haven't regreted a second. As I was shoveling out today (east coast, gota love it) I wanted to listen to some tunes. I have the beats by dre ear buds, and every few seconds the volume turned itself completely down. The volume control on the ear phones was unobstructed, and the phone was locked. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 10:12 AM
    The volume buttons on the phone were likely getting pressed. Why would you expect volume buttons meant specifically for listening to music to lock up when the phone is locked? :S

Listen to music with the phone in your hand and make sure that the buttons aren't getting pressed. Does the issue persist?
    02-10-13 10:13 AM
    Lol the phone wasn't in a position for the buttons to be pressed, and the case makes it hard to do that in the first place. No need for sarcastic responses.

02-10-13 10:56 AM
    There's a known bug in the OS which lowers the volume for more than a few seconds when you have an incoming notification. There is a delay in the volume returning to normal.
    miketko likes this.
    02-10-13 11:31 AM
    Maybe audio boost is turned off? I was trying to stream Tunein through an external speaker and was getting lousy volume out of it when I connected my Z10 with an aux. cable through the headphone jack. When I activated audio boost it was fine.
    02-10-13 11:31 AM
    Whenever I listen to music now I turn my notifications off because of that.
    02-10-13 01:35 PM
    Yeah I has this in the car today too. The 9900 used to do it too though. So not a new thing

02-10-13 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will try those suggestions.

02-10-13 01:37 PM
    There's a known bug in the OS which lowers the volume for more than a few seconds when you have an incoming notification. There is a delay in the volume returning to normal.
    I'm experienced just that.

02-10-13 01:40 PM
    the volume on my z10 is so low. main volume is maxed and the notifications volume is maxed. i can even hear music on my phone. what do i do?
    09-24-13 08:25 AM
    the volume on my z10 is so low. main volume is maxed and the notifications volume is maxed. i can even hear music on my phone. what do i do?
    First, welcome to Crackberry. Second, sorry your first visit is due to problems.

You might want to compare it with a z10 in a shop. There's an app called Blackberry Virtual Expert that can test various aspects of the phone. Check BB world for it.
    09-24-13 10:13 AM
    I need help and don't know how to start a new thread but Just out of nowhere my phone completely turned off volume for everything. Music, video, youtube or other medias do not work. It plays everything but has no volume. Even for the first time since I got the phone I did a battery pull but no luck. And my blue tooth is OFF. Anyone else having the same issue??
    09-24-13 06:01 PM
    I need help and don't know how to start a new thread but Just out of nowhere my phone completely turned off volume for everything. Music, video, youtube or other medias do not work. It plays everything but has no volume. Even for the first time since I got the phone I did a battery pull but no luck. And my blue tooth is OFF. Anyone else having the same issue??
    First, welcome to Crackberry. Sorry about your problems. Have you tried using headphones? Have you tried hooking it using a micro-hdmi cable to a tv. See if it produces sound in those uses.

Did you install any need apps? Are you using the standard OS or a leaked one?
    09-24-13 06:09 PM